• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer reportedly started Activision talks days after explosive Bobby Kotick report

dotnotbot

What the hell are you talking about? Who made the deal? Microsoft is the one who got a unanimous vote from the Activision board in favor of this deal. No other buyer has a shot. It's over. It's only down to regulators now.
Breathe. I just meant that we don't know how exactly those negotations went to claim that he outmaneuvered everyone else. Maybe the rest decided it's not worth the price.

Funny how you immediately jump to defense without being attacked.

Last edited:
Breathe. I just meant that we don't know how exactly those negotations went to claim that he outmaneuvered everyone else. Maybe the rest decided it's not worth the price.

Me saying "what the hell are you talking about?" "Who Made the deal?" Is an attack? How can anyone with a straight face say the others weren't outmaneuvered when there were up to 4 or 5 other interested parties, and none of them succeeding in making the deal with Activision, but Phil Spencer, Satya Nadella and Microsoft did?

That's quite literally an outmaneuvering of other interested parties.

kingfey

Banned

This guy is smoking something else.

MS offered them $80 per share. Activision went to other parties, and see if they can increase the price. Then MS paid $95 per share.

In essence, other parties didn't want to pay that much money, considering the situation that was happening at Activision.

I feel sorry for anyone who feels this is like smart check.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And... and... wait for it... he, he, he Kotic, he, he... got a promotion from his new sHaMe oN yOu bosses.
z2CvR6.gif

yurinka

Again use some common sense. He is part of the problem at activision. You are going to look real stupid or simply gullible when he steps down after the acquisition is completed. He cant continue as a ms employee after the allegations that he didnt disclose when they started talking to ms.

Kotic is the highest paid ceo in gaming. You think ms will want to pay that? There also a hint in the new title given to spencer. Ive said my bit.
What I know is that MS covered his ass acquiring his company so won't have to worry if it goes down on the stock market and that the acquisition will help to cover the controversies hoping MS would do something to fix it when they also had the similar controversies in the past but with less media coverage because back then maybe people wasn't so sensitive with these topics or maybe because MS has a bigger influence in the media. And I also know that MS confirmed him to continue as CEO and paid him (the biggest stockholder) the stocks at price of 45% over market value covering the drop the stocks had due to the controversy.

The new title given to Spencer is CEO of MS Gaming Division (not called Xbox anymore) and only means that he'll continue as boss of the division, which if now has a CEO means that is now a separate company. Under the MS Gaming division there will be 3 companies/groups reporting to him: Xbox game studios, Zenimax and Activision Blizzard King, each one of the three with even more companies reporting to them.

Spencer is the CEO of MS Gaming so boss of all the companies under this division, but all the companies of this division have their own CEO, and the CEO of Activision Blizzard King will continue being Bobby Kotick according to Microsoft, Activision Blizzard and himself.

Last edited:

elliot5

What I know is that MS covered his ass acquiring his company so won't have to worry if it goes down on the stock market and that the acquisition will help to cover the controversies hoping MS would do something to fix it when they also had the same issues in the past. And I also know that MS confirmed him to continue as CEO and paid him (the biggest stockholder) the stocks at price of 45% over market value.

The new title given to Spencer is CEO of MS Gaming Division (not called Xbox anymore) and only means that he'll continue as boss of the division, which if now has a CEO means that is now a separate company. Under the MS Gaming division there will be 3 companies/groups reporting to him: Xbox game studios, Zenimax and Activision Blizzard King, each one of the three with even more companies reporting to them.

Spencer is the CEO of MS Gaming so boss of all the companies under this division, but all the companies of this division have their own CEO, and the CEO of Activision Blizzard King will continue being Bobby Kotick according to Microsoft, Activision Blizzard and himself.
Kotick is out after it closes. Might not be immediately, but shortly after. It'll happen.

yurinka

Kotick is out after it closes. Might not be immediately, but shortly after. It'll happen.
He's almost 60 years old and a super rich billionaire, now way even more after the acquisittion. So I assume he'll retire in a few years. But as of now, Microsoft, Activision and himself said he will continue as CEO, and won't fire him because it would cost them like around half a billion more and pretty likely he will retire relatively in a few years anyways.

Last edited:

elliot5

He's almost 60 years old and a super rich billionaire, now way even more after the acquisittion. So I assume he'll retire in a few years. But as of now, Microsoft, Activision and himself said he will continue as CEO, and won't fire him because it would cost them like around half a billion more and pretty likely he will retire relatively in a few years anyways.
naw

A new Wall Street Journal report Tuesday, citing sources familiar with the deal, says that the companies have agreed that Kotick will leave “once the deal closes.

"But it remains unclear what Kotick’s position at Activision Blizzard, if he still has one, will be after the proposed buyout is completed. The companies say only that Kotick will remain CEO through Microsoft’s 2023 fiscal year, which ends June 30, 2023. Kotick told The New York Times that he “will be available as needed” after the closing."

He's out very shortly after it closes.

Last edited:

yurinka

naw

A new Wall Street Journal report Tuesday, citing sources familiar with the deal, says that the companies have agreed that Kotick will leave “once the deal closes.

"But it remains unclear what Kotick’s position at Activision Blizzard, if he still has one, will be after the proposed buyout is completed. The companies say only that Kotick will remain CEO through Microsoft’s 2023 fiscal year, which ends June 30, 2023. Kotick told The New York Times that he “will be available as needed” after the closing."

He's out very shortly after it closes.
The companies and himself never said he will be CEO until that date, they simply said he will continue as CEO. What the companies said about that date is that they expect to complete/close the acquisition in that period. And what traditionally the companies do after completing an acquisition isn't to fire the CEO, but instead pay him a good amount of money to ensure he continues there during some years helping to make the transition before exiting in case he decides to exit.

Top Bottom