• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer promoted to CEO of MS Gaming

Deerock71

The change from head of XBox to head of Microsoft Gaming feels… significant.
Emperor Phil
everyone emperor GIF

DJ12

They don’t need Sony or PlayStation for any of that, and I can’t see any way for the service to come to PlayStation. They’ll be able to reach any console gamer by streaming on the TV they use to play their games.

Hardware is absolutely important. It’s a key driver for Gamepass subs, and it makes them a lot of money from third party games and their cut from MTX.
Like everyone else saying this or similar, you are ignoring that MS had already asked to be in the ps ecosystem with gamepass before all this. And 'conversations' with Sony this week. 'We won't shaft you with CoD' is one conversation what were all the others about do you think?

It's happening, think of ways this will be palletable for you to digest and come up with a cope that suits.

Ozriel

M$FT
Like everyone else saying this or similar, you are ignoring that MS had already asked to be in the ps ecosystem with gamepass before all this. And 'conversations' with Sony this week. 'We won't shaft you with CoD' is one conversation what were all the others about do you think?

Spencer mentioned he’d like Gamepass to be on PlayStation In 2020 and hasn’t said anything since then. And then your ‘logic’ is that since he said he’s has conversations with them, there’s nothing else he could have spoken to them about aside from Gamepass.
How does that make sense??
Sony and MS collaborate on many things. It’s even way more likely that conversations could be about Phil’s desire to have cross-platform ban lists, joint lobbying efforts or Azure integration for Sony’s streaming service.

It's happening, think of ways this will be palletable for you to digest and come up with a cope that suits.

Thankfully, as a multi-console owner, I’ve never had to come up with a ‘cope’ for anything. Freudian Slip? Afterall, You’ve been busy in the past few days telling everyone that Xbox is going 3rd party 😂😂😂

DJ12

Spencer mentioned he’d like Gamepass to be on PlayStation In 2020 and hasn’t said anything since then. And then your ‘logic’ is that since he said he’s has conversations with them, there’s nothing else he could have spoken to them about aside from Gamepass.
Sony and MS collaborate on many things. It’s even way more likely that conversations could be about Phil’s desire to have cross-platform ban lists, joint lobbying efforts or Azure integration for Sony’s streaming service.
Dont ask me, I'm not Phil, you would have to ask him why they asked Sony if they can have gamepass on PlayStation. We are talking about insider knowledge here not anything Phil has said publicly, even though what he says publicly confirms its his goal anyway. And of course he's talking about random unrelated topics when this news broke. I see this is your cope. Denial.
Thankfully, as a multi-console owner, I’ve never had to come up with a ‘cope’ for anything. Freudian Slip? Afterall, You’ve been busy in the past few days telling everyone that Xbox is going 3rd party 😂😂😂
Yeah just like every fanboy, your a multi console owner. How often do you turn on your ps1 these days?

It's not rocket science to see xbox is not important to Microsoft anymore, but saying this doesn't mean they won't make an xbox of some description. But I guess this is part of your cope also.

I'll look for you when you get to the acceptance stage....

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Dont ask me, I'm not Phil, you would have to ask him why they asked Sony if they can have gamepass on PlayStation. We are talking about insider knowledge here not anything Phil has said publicly, even though what he says publicly confirms its his goal anyway. And of course he's talking about random unrelated topics when this news broke. I see this is your cope. Denial.

Yeah just like every fanboy, your a multi console owner. How often do you turn on your ps1 these days?

It's not rocket science to see xbox is not important to Microsoft anymore, but saying this doesn't mean they won't make an xbox of some description. But I guess this is part of your cope also.

Bla bla bla cope 😂

Got my PS5, Series X and Switch launch day so I don’t have to make up fan-fiction on Internet forums like you.

Man’s basically posting a big Freudian Slip as an argument. I see you in the threads comforting your fanboy brethren “don’t worry fellas, MS is about to go 3rd party any day now”.

A more productive use of your time and imagination would be to petition Sony to enable the web browser on PS5 so you can stream Gamepass games there via xCloud. But clarity will come soon 😂

Last edited:

reksveks

As a MS shareholder, think by the time that this deal closes given that MS Gaming will be around 12-15% of the wider company's revenue, I do hope that we get a bit more transparency.

KaiserBecks

I kinda see where you‘re coming from, but still, you are more than stretching. It‘s likely that traditional consoles will be gone at some point, but saying that „Xbox is not important to Microsoft anymore“ is just not true.

reksveks

Think we keep having the constant conversation about the importance of the hardware to a platform holder like MS and constantly we talk over each other with one party thinking its a binary position and one thinking it isn't.

The truth is probably is that the hardware is less important than before but it is still currently important. How important is hard to stick a number on.

We should get a better understanding next week if we see a proper divergence between hardware and software revenue growth.

DaGwaphics

For sure. Not saying it couldn't ever happen (MS deciding they wanted to just be a 3rd party software vendor) but I don't see the point in diving down that rabbit whole until there is any real evidence of that. So far, I'm not seeing it, if MS placed no value on driving their own platform why were Halo Infinite and FH5 not released on the PS5, there is not a lot of difference between putting them over there on GP and just popping them on the store for $70. Doesn't really jive with gaming being their entry point into creating a large scale network of people akin to FB in social media and Shopping with Amazon, kind of hard to do that if they didn't have direct access to these accounts and there was a middle man. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom