• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Phil Spencer Confirms That The Elder Scrolls 6 Won't Release Until after Fable

Craig of War

Apr 19, 2020
Antarctica

"Xbox head Phil Spencer confirms The Elder Scrolls 6 won't release until after Playground Games' Fable, hinting at a post-2023 release date.

Fans have been waiting a long time for The Elder Scrolls 6 to finally grace their PCs and consoles. Bethesda officially announced the next installment of its acclaimed action RPG franchise during E3 2018. However, there has been little information released since.

Recently though, fans gained insight into when the Elder Scrolls 6 might finally make its debut. During an appearance on IGN’s Unlocked podcast, Xbox head Phil Spencer confirmed fans wouldn’t be seeing a new Elder Scrolls until sometime after Playground Game’s releases the next Fable."

bender

Candy Corn Aficionado
Apr 12, 2010

kingfey

Jul 6, 2021
Is Bethesda superhuman? Doing 2 mega hit back2back? They arent insomnia, which can do 1 dlc, and a 10 hour game.

Elder scroll 2 will take 5 years to make, due to the elderscroll series nature. You need to write down 10k books, and scatter them all around the world. Make more than 1 thousand quests, and places so players can get lost, and forget what the main object is.

Out of all the gamers who bought The Witcher 3 on Steam, only 27 percent have managed to finish the main story. This is for the witcher 3. That is how big open world is. I expect Bethesda to have larger map, than the witcher 3 for the TES6.

Anyone who is expecting it sooner, I have dreams to sell it you.
Hungry Gluten Free GIF

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Mar 31, 2011
Is Bethesda superhuman? Doing 2 mega hit back2back? They arent insomnia, which can do 1 dlc, and a 10 hour game.

Elder scroll 2 will take 5 years to make, due to the elderscroll series nature. You need to write down 10k books, and scatter them all around the world. Make more than 1 thousand quests, and places so players can get lost, and forget what the main object is.

Out of all the gamers who bought The Witcher 3 on Steam, only 27 percent have managed to finish the main story. This is for the witcher 3. That is how big open world is. I expect Bethesda to have larger map, than the witcher 3 for the TES6.

Anyone who is expecting it sooner, I have dreams to sell it you.

You have dreams to sell us.....I have a reality to give you.
Elder Scrolls 2 came out quite some time ago:

Assuming they started working on it already.
Starfield is launching end of next year, they should already be super deep.
Elder Scrolls 6 could make holiday 2024.
But yeah with all the Xbox Games Studios games launching they could actually give them an extra year and launch in 2025.
2024 can be reserved for Everwild or Avowed

Captain Toad

I advertise for PlayStation. For free.
Dec 1, 2020
Out of all the gamers who bought The Witcher 3 on Steam, only 27 percent have managed to finish the main story. This is for the witcher 3. That is how big open world is.
27 percent is high. Gears 5, for example, was only beaten by 18%.

Reactions: Guilhermegrg

kingfey

Jul 6, 2021
You have dreams to sell us.....I have a reality to give you.
Elder Scrolls 2 came out quite some time ago:

Assuming they started working on it already.
Starfield is launching end of next year, they should already be super deep.
Elder Scrolls 6 could make holiday 2024.
But yeah with all the Xbox Games Studios games launching they could actually give them an extra year and launch in 2025.
2024 can be reserved for Everwild or Avowed
I hate fail moments "lollipop_disappointed:. F you typo.

I ment as in Elderscroll 6.

Also, I wont mind this remake. I hope they remake the old elderscroll games. Especially Morrowind. Imagind Morrowind on current Engine. Clive attacks would be scary. It would basically be an open horror game.

elliot5

Apr 22, 2021
that interview doing wonders for blogspam websites, providing clickbait articles a month later.

Barakov

Sep 30, 2006

"Xbox head Phil Spencer confirms The Elder Scrolls 6 won't release until after Playground Games' Fable, hinting at a post-2023 release date.

Fans have been waiting a long time for The Elder Scrolls 6 to finally grace their PCs and consoles. Bethesda officially announced the next installment of its acclaimed action RPG franchise during E3 2018. However, there has been little information released since.

Recently though, fans gained insight into when the Elder Scrolls 6 might finally make its debut. During an appearance on IGN’s Unlocked podcast, Xbox head Phil Spencer confirmed fans wouldn’t be seeing a new Elder Scrolls until sometime after Playground Game’s releases the next Fable."

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
TES was never a thing when it was announced. Could very well be its going to take years before it comes out.

Kilau

Dec 12, 2013
Near the end of series and ps5. I don't know man, I would say similar to BotW . I wouldn't be surprised at all..

What's your prediction?

I could see that, seems pretty far out still based on what’s been said.

Reactions: Ceadeus

Bernd Lauert

Apr 15, 2018
My estimate is Fable in '24, TES6 in '25. Gonna look great on the Xbox Series XXX or whatever the pro version is gonna be called.

Reactions: CamHostage

jigglet

May 18, 2020
Just to keep things interesting, he should say Fable won't come out until after Elder Scrolls 6.

Godot25

Apr 7, 2021
It would be strange if Fable didn't come out before Elder Scrolls 6 since Fable is in development from 2017-2018 and Elder Scrolls 6 is still in pre-production.