• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer confirms that some new future Bethesda titles will be Xbox and PC exclusive

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/09/officially-welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/
With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games, including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players.
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

This is vague as fuck.

We still don't know any more than what we knew a few minutes ago.

Fuck Xbox with their shitty pr.
I don't think its vague at all.

Do you think they are going to say Bethesda will be fully exclusive from now? They are still making Doom 3 PSVR, Ghostwire and Deathloop. And lord knows what else they have that was signed as multiplatform long ago (Indiana Jones?).

Mmnow

This needed better clarification, but I guess its hard to say more without saying more than you want to.

"All games will be exclusive except the ones that aren't for legal reasons." Which just launches another level of speculation. Starfield? Indiana Jones?

So understandable, expected and probably not good enough. Let the months and years of baseless speculation continue!

This is vague as fuck.

We still don't know any more than what we knew a few minutes ago.

Fuck Xbox with their shitty pr.
It's only as vague as you want it to be. It's pretty clear what he means imo. Big dick single player games are gonna be exclusive. Stuff like Fallout 77, Fallout Shelter 2 and Elder Scrolls Online 2 (hypothetic examples) is gonna be multiplatform.

Mmnow

I don't think its vague at all.

Do you think they are going to say Bethesda will be fully exclusive from now? They are still making Doom 3 PSVR, Ghostwire and Deathloop. And lord knows what else they have that was signed as multiplatform long ago (Indiana Jones?).
The problem with some is that it could very easily mean "most" or it could mean "we're holding one back for ya!"

People will read onto it what they want to, and that's what makes it a bad PR statement.

Last edited:

Metnut

“It’s vitally important that Bethesda continues making games the way it always has.”

“We look forward to empowering Bethesda’s teams to reach even more players around the world, helping make future Bethesda titles the biggest and most popular in their history.”

Does this sound like someone who is planning on closing Starfield and ES6 from PS?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yes? Because Ghostwire and Deathloop exist. So does ESO and F76. All those are on other consoles.

My point is that the quote contradicts the thread title. Call me crazy but I don't understand why people do that. Pick a quote that reinforces/backs up your clickbait thread title. That way you reinforce your message instead of undercutting it.

"Phil says this"

Then the quote is Phil not saying that. It's kind of stupid, isn't it?

Last edited:
My point is that the quote contradicts the thread title. Call me crazy but I don't understand why people do that. Pick a quote that reinforces/backs up your clickbait thread title. That way you reinforce your message instead of undercutting it.
It says some in the thread title? Did mods change it?

driqe

He could've said what games would be multiplat and which ones would be exclusive.

As long as it can be interpreted in more than way, its shitty fuckin PR, Aaron Greenberg needs to get sacked.

Elog

Main message: The games will be available everywhere but Gamepass will be the best place to play them.

Minor message: "Some new titles"..."In the future"..."exclusive".

Xbox community interpretation: Everything from now on will be exclusive to Xbox....jebus - the complete opposite was stated with some unannounced exceptions.

"Phil says this"

Then the quote is Phil not saying that. It's kind of stupid, isn't it?
Bruh, just read the quote. The thread title is accurate.

KAL2006

Banned
People need to get over it

All games will be exclusive excluding the obvious

- Elder Scroll Online and it's future expansions
- All deals already made with Sony (Deathloop etc)
- Games that are far in development with PS5 version (this still is a big maybe)
- Random small spin off stuff that will come on Android/iOS.

Top Bottom