• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer confirms that some new future Bethesda titles will be Xbox and PC exclusive

Vasto

I dont get the exclusive argument.

Remember that Playstation players dont need a Xbox because they already have High End Gaming PCs so they are covered.

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Well, on the bright side my PC seems to be slowly dying (it has an SSD but takes like a minute or more to boot). So maybe I'll get the games through that when it dies? Or maybe buy a series s when it is super cheap in two or three years

SCB3

By "some" he means all that are not under other contracts.
Bingo

So thats Deathloop, ESO, Fallout 76 and possibly Starfield (was that confirmed as a Multiplat title anyway?)

But why are people surprised by this? It's obvious why Bethesda was bought, Fallout and Elder Scrolls are massive names in their own right, now Xbox has them and many others, hopefully this will mean that GameByro and the Creation Engine can be finally put to bed for the next titles

cormack12

Gold Member
Makes sense to take the Sony approach on PC. Release on their primary platform as the incentive, release to other platform holders/competitors in the future to leverage the extra sales. Not rocket science.

Of course it's just speculation but I think it's something to expect really.

Bingo

So thats Deathloop, ESO, Fallout 76 and possibly Starfield (was that confirmed as a Multiplat title anyway?)

But why are people surprised by this? It's obvious why Bethesda was bought, Fallout and Elder Scrolls are massive names in their own right, now Xbox has them and many others, hopefully this will mean that GameByro and the Creation Engine can be finally put to bed for the next titles
Microsoft won't make Bethesda ditch their engines. We're stuck with the Creation Engine for the foreseeable future :messenger_winking:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
lol you do realize that this means the biggest titles WONT be exclusive.

it will be smaller shit like Death Loop because they can afford to make them exclusive.

This literally means the opposite.

Xbox with the backing of Nadella and and one of the 3 richest companies in the world can afford to do anything they want. If they wanted to buy Sony with their lunch money, it would be no problem.

Andodalf

Banned
People need to get over it

All games will be exclusive excluding the obvious

- Elder Scroll Online and it's future expansions
- All deals already made with Sony (Deathloop etc)
- Games that are far in development with PS5 version (this still is a big maybe)
- Random small spin off stuff that will come on Android/iOS.
This is the big one. If they already have a contract to print 8 Million Wolf 3 disks for PS4/5, do they break off that deal? What do the finances look like on that?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
By "some" he means all that are not under other contracts.

Some new games excluding Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop. Like we all knew from the beginning. Told you.

"some" meaning those not already announced and contracted

Lil Philly needs a decent PR mouthpiece

We still don't know. To me it sounds like they are still keeping their options open and people (either side) are hearing what they want to hear.

mxbison

"MS just wants people to enjoy games, they don't need to buy exclusives like $ony".

Haha, people will believe any bullshit that corpos feed them.

That means the games will be on PC Gamepass on day 1 so fine by me, but I'm still worried by the inevitable subscription wars. In a few years you'll need Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Sony subscriptions to play all the good games. Fanboy wars are gonna be entertaining though.

Fredrik

This is vague as fuck.

We still don't know any more than what we knew a few minutes ago.

Fuck Xbox with their shitty pr.
Yeah this is worthless PR, the only thing we’ll talk about for every new Bethesda game released from now on is if it’ll be exclusive to PC/Xbox or not.
How can they miss the target this badly all the time?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
People need to get over it

All games will be exclusive excluding the obvious

- Elder Scroll Online and it's future expansions
- All deals already made with Sony (Deathloop etc)
- Games that are far in development with PS5 version (this still is a big maybe)
- Random small spin off stuff that will come on Android/iOS.

Exactly, anyone saying anything else is in serious denial even more now.

Lol people really think Skyrim 2 is not going to be whored out to every system? Gamepass cultists are true believers =)

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is the big one. If they already have a contract to print 8 Million Wolf 3 disks for PS4/5, do they break off that deal? What do the finances look like on that?
Also I wonder if the developer contracts come into play. Some may have it written in that they are incentivised by sales, imagine that is the case and then they take away a big chunk of potential sales, it could leave them open to legal action or just pissed off employees in general.

mrmeh

It would make zero business sense to launch new games for the major IP's on PlayStation.. ZERO unless Sony allows game pass. PlayStation does not have game pass... MS wants you to have a game pass enabled system so will try and encourage you to get a PC/XBox over a PS.

It's not difficult to understand. Potential PS revenue from Xbox exclusive titles is irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Called it. Zenimax games will be multiplat with Xbox exclusive content and Xbox will have some exclusive games. Makes the most business sense.
Called what exactly?

"on a case by case basis" was already said by Spencer.. meaning.. some games exclusive. This new statement confirms nothing new lol

Mr.ODST

This will mean the Live Service games like Fallout 76, ESO wont be exclusive, anything thats not a Live Service game will be exclusive.

Pretty clear they have to say this considering the announcement of DOOM 3 PSVR etc they are probably still working on some multiplat / sony games so they have to say this to not put people off purchasing.

daclynk

Good. That will help them get people into their ecosystem. Nice move Microsoft. What did people except when they spent that huge amount of cash. Did people react when FF16 was announced as PS5 exclusive.
Now the war is on.
FF16 vs Elder Scrolls vs Pokemon
i wonder which will sell more?
Generation is looking good.
You guys were saying xbox needs exclusives, now they have soo much, still people are salty in here. lol
Now Xbox is a WRPG and FPS powerhouse.
Sony PlayStation TPS movie games powerhouse
Nintendo everything else.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Only kind of related but is there another game where you do settlement building like in f4? Originally I thought I would hate it but I really liked it once the vault stuff came out.

Elog

People in this thread does not read many PR statements.

If all future titles outside of those that are contractually obliged to be on other platform would be exclusive to Xbox, MS would have made a big show about that to sell Xbox/ Gamepass. They did not say that.

If they knew that the majority of future titles would be exclusive to Xbox/Gamepass they would have said that. They did not.

Instead they said 'some'. That is what they said. So anyone assuming all or majority is living in an alternative reality.

Not sure why I care since I have both a high end PC and consoles at home but I just find it tricky when people warp reality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom