• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: 1 v 100 may return (albeit under another name)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.vg247.com/2020/10/25/1-vs-100-return-xbox-series-x-according-phil-spencer/

DO IT PHIL

Xbox boss Phil Spencer mentioned that fan-favorite multiplayer game 1 vs 100 could potentially make a return on the Xbox Series S and X. During an official FanFest live stream on Friday, Spencer made some interesting comments about Microsoft’s plans to revive a trivia game “from [the company’s] past”.

As mentioned over on VGC, Spencer commented on the potential revival during a stream that was supposed to run alongside a quiz. Technical issues killed plans for the quiz, but Spencer still appeared on the stream and teased the re-introduction of the popular game.

Spencer has previously noted that the game could return, too. In an interview with Stevivor in 2019, the Xbox boss noted “we should do it again”, though he also noted that the format of the game is owned by a game show company.

“But I’ll say [Matt Booty] and I have had a lot of discussions about the idea, whether it’s that IP specifically or just the idea of what it was, is something that we’d love to go do,” Spencer noted.

Quasicat

This just made my morning. I remember having so much fun playing this and even had a couple of times where I got my parents to play along when they came over (they watch Game Show network constantly).
I just seem to remember that there wasn’t much to do when it was during the off times. Maybe come up with a practice session when the live host wasn’t available.

ManaByte

Gold Member
HOLY SHIT

That game was the best thing about XBL on the 360.

This wins the gen for MS if they do it. Especially in the social media environment of 2020 where every Zoomer wants to be a TikTok star.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Called it.

It was a really fun idea and I am still not sure why they didnt keep it going. My friends and I played it almost every opportunity.

Top Bottom