• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online II NEW GENESIS August Updates Introduction Videos

Vasto

The new Braver class, which can use two weapon types for both close and long-range combat, is coming! (Releases 8/4)

The SG Scratch Ticket “Astute Braver”, with costumes and hairstyles based on the new Braver class, is also coming! (Releases 8/4)

Aina’s side story “A Melancholy Monument” will be released! (Releases 8/4)

The AC Scratch Ticket “Sunshine Marine Stars”, with land-based battle uniforms and fresh pop idol outfits, is coming too! (Releases 8/4)

Lastly, N-Pure Maid Dress and N-Cursed Coat are back! The Revival AC Scratch Ticket “Oracle Renewal Collection II” is coming as well! (Releases 8/11)

Please view the official website for further details: "PSO2 NEW GENESIS" Free-to-play (Includes in-app purchases) Available Now on Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam, and Epic Games Store. "PSO2 NEW GENESIS" Official site https://ngs.pso2.com/

YES! Finally more content. Can't wait for Braver and the new side quest.

Sega knocked it out of the park with everything except for the amount of content. I just love how the game feels. I assume Sega is listening to their fans and will add much more content in the December update. Episode 2 has the potential to be god like if they keep building off what they have..and I am assuming they drop Ep 2 sometime in 2022.

Its so much fun and intense to fight a level 15 Bujin. If you fight one on one or with a few players vs a Bujin its truly a test of your reaction time and focus. Bujin fight pattern is sick. Keep adding enemies like that Sega.

Yumi

I loved the original PSO when I was a kid.

How is it to jump into single player and blind? I’m worried it will be overwhelming with convoluted systems.

Any beginner tips to point me in the right direction of not getting bogged down?

I’m really interested but afraid I’m late to the party, or it isn’t beginner friendly.

How is it to jump into single player and blind? I’m worried it will be overwhelming with convoluted systems.

Any beginner tips to point me in the right direction of not getting bogged down?

I’m really interested but afraid I’m late to the party, or it isn’t beginner friendly.

This game is beginner friendly. I got my cousin into it and he said the systems were fine as the game teaches you how to do the basic stuff. He took screenshots with his phone for tutorials and power level requirements. or if he forgot how to do something he went to the help menu in settings.

As for beginner tips. Transfer to a block that is near full. You will be able to solo easy enemies and people will rush to help you out against stronger ones, more people means the stronger ones die faster and you get more rewards + exp quicker and save time. Just follow the main quest and once you get to level 10 and you need to grind/level up go to the Halphana Wetlands in ship 3. that is were everyone camps. I dont know about the other ships but the Halphana Wetlands has been the best place to farm on Ship 3.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Its not a patch on PSO man. Its still a good game and lots of nostalgia with the music/aesthetics, but they dont even know what made their own game so damn good! NgS has very little content, hardly anything in terms of rare items, the feel you got from a ?SPECIAL WEAPON drop is just gone. If you want to make a 17 year old with massive tits though, its perfect.

Yumi

This game is beginner friendly. I got my cousin into it and he said the systems were fine as the game teaches you how to do the basic stuff. He took screenshots with his phone for tutorials and power level requirements. or if he forgot how to do something he went to the help menu in settings.

As for beginner tips. Transfer to a block that is near full. You will be able to solo easy enemies and people will rush to help you out against stronger ones, more people means the stronger ones die faster and you get more rewards + exp quicker and save time. Just follow the main quest and once you get to level 10 and you need to grind/level up go to the Halphana Wetlands in ship 3. that is were everyone camps. I dont know about the other ships but the Halphana Wetlands has been the best place to farm on Ship 3.
Thanks, I think I’ll give it a shot on game pass. At least to level 10. Any classes more difficult than others? I wanna enjoy the combat, but don’t know if I should go guns or melee.

Its not a patch on PSO man. Its still a good game and lots of nostalgia with the music/aesthetics, but they dont even know what made their own game so damn good! NgS has very little content, hardly anything in terms of rare items, the feel you got from a ?SPECIAL WEAPON drop is just gone. If you want to make a 17 year old with massive tits though, its perfect.

Haha, two very different responses. I’m gonna give it a shot though.

Freeman76

Thanks, I think I’ll give it a shot on game pass. At least to level 10. Any classes more difficult than others? I wanna enjoy the combat, but don’t know if I should go guns or melee.

Haha, two very different responses. I’m gonna give it a shot though.
Def worth a go i put 1500 hours into PSO2 and will put loads into NGS as well when there is actually content to tackle. Im just saying its nothing like PSO anymore. I wish they would remaster the GC version, its all I would need.

lyan

One thing to add, a beginner trap I see a lot falling into is thinking leveling helps meeting the battle power requirements and waste hours grinding. Don't, most direct way is spending class skill points and upgrading your equipment, they throw plenty of affix materials at you from drops and don't hesitate to use the player shop, you can get most base gear cheaply.

Wonko_C

The game that myself and many others wishes was on PS4. :(
Lucky Bastards.
Global is drying up. If Sega won't port it over to PS4 and they decide to pull the plug, the least they could do is move loyal players to the Japanese server, and lift the IP block in the PS4 version.

Furball

Global is drying up. If Sega won't port it over to PS4 and they decide to pull the plug, the least they could do is move loyal players to the Japanese server, and lift the IP block in the PS4 version.

Global dying becasue the game suck right now not becasue it not available on PS4 , it has it chance during lunach when the game playerbase increase up to 300 k player but now they lose 95 % of player because how fuck up the game . This game is as bad as FF14 original launch with 2021 standard . just a cash grab gacha with nothing to do and fill with outdate and bad game design , it fact it cut off many QoL in OG PSO2

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Global dying becasue the game suck right now not becasue it not available on PS4 , it has it chance during lunach when the game playerbase increase up to 300 k player but now they lose 95 % of player because how fuck up the game . This game is as bad as FF14 original launch with 2021 standard . just a cash grab gacha with nothing to do and fill with outdate and bad game design , it fact it cut off many QoL in OG PSO2
Never said it was because of PS4 (though I won't deny it could help boost the playerbase a bit). I said it because the game is still doing well in Japan (on all platforms it's available there) so Sega could decide to keep only the Japanese servers alive, and leave the rest of the world in the dust.

They could port back the English localization to the PS4/PC/Switch versions, remove the IP block and transfer our Global characters to the Japanese server.

Last edited:
Well damn! the Mining rig defense quest is aces! I love that you really have to work together and communicate. I left my rig to help the defense of another rig that was under attack and I return to my rig to see it is under attack.

then another time my rig was getting wailed on and I literally had stop fighting for 2 seconds to type, purple rig help!!!! good times.

Top Bottom