• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 for PS4 finally coming to the West

Doom85

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

Took a long ass time but western PlayStation owners will finally be able to hop in.

Excited Lets Go GIF

PSO2:NG combat, open world and movement is great. The game just needs more content updates and they need to come at a faster rate.

I literally played 2-3 hours everyday within the first 3 months because it feels so damn good to fly around and dodge enemy attacks and wait for openings. The moment to moment action against stronger enemies and Gigantix enemies is addictive as fuck. But i couldn't do it anymore there was no new content.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Will give it a look, might scratch the online action RPG itch that Dauntless sure as hell doesn’t scratch.

CamHostage

PS4? Really?

It's already been on PS4 in Japan for a little while. (In Japan, I believe PS4 & PC/Xbox One versions of New Genesis launched all on the same day?) (And then before that, a PS4 version of regular PSO2 came out in Japan in 2016 and there was even a Vita version before that.) (Similarly, PSO2 and PSO2 NG are available on Switch in Japan too, but only through Cloud Edition streaming.) Internationally, this was an Xbox exclusive (along with PC) until now, but in Japan it has been multiplatform here and there for most of its existence.

So this is probably just the end of timed-exclusivity or whatever marketing approach SEGA had to focus on Xbox in the Western markets; it's not a "new platform" version being launched. But it's good for everybody who didn't get to play the Xbox or PC versions that now there's even more PSO2 to go around.

Last edited:
Day 1 on the PS5! I hope they release a next gen patch after launch or a brand new PSO that launches day and date on PS5 as well globally

Last edited:

blackjon24

PSO2 is the most overwhelming, confusing, and convoluted game ever made.
But its still worth looking into if you have even a passing interest.

Exactly how I felt about it, i thought the game was a lot of fun to play but all the systems which i'm sure has to do with it being free to play, got in the way

Top Bottom