• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie Shadow Banned on YouTube

GymWolf

tenor.gif

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Changes to what? He once called a guy the n word on stream when playing pubg and nothing happened. He just apologized and people moved on.

If he got banned it’s probably for something really serious.
He didn't get banned, he got shadowbanned, which, as I said, is becoming increasingly common. There hasn't been anything in his recent videos that would merit such an action. They're literally manipulating the search and subscription feeds to hide his content. It may be a bug, but I doubt it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Strange that the glitches only seem to effect people that are centrists or on the right, or indeed, anyone right of Stalin and Marx.

And what about.. the massive deal he signed to stream exclusively on YouTube?

They paid him because... uhh.. what?

And he's mostly completely apolitical.... so what are you even talking about? lol

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Surprised people here like him TBH. I thought his fan base was mostly kids. His humour seems to be aimed at them.

Reactions: MrS

BabyYoda

Banned
And what about.. the massive deal he signed to stream exclusively on YouTube?

They paid him because... uhh.. what?

And he's mostly completely apolitical.... so what are you even talking about? lol
They like the money he makes them. I've watched enough to know he is very much against the insanity coming from the far left atm. He's perhaps a classical liberal, so not a Marxist then.

Techies

It's just a bug and it's been fixed.
I had to do an empty cache reload though to see the fixed page.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Would be weird for YouTube. They just commented on one of his videos, expressing their excitement for his giant horn battle with KSI. Hardly the treatment of unfavored personnel on YT.

Over time, Pewds has become less and less political (to my chagrin, but it makes a good example) as well, and this move kind of doesn’t make sense, even from that extreme, censorious position.

Perhaps this is a radical, or an AI mistake based on past controversies?

Last edited:
It's back to normal again for me now. His channel shows up, along with his newest video and tons of other recent videos. Really weird. Was any other channels hit by this?

Diddy X

Lol, the guy is funny, the quality of his videos is the last thing I would complain about, among all the shit you can find on the media I find him a pretty decent entertainer.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Friend: sends me a few screenshots and that reddit link.
Me: "Hmm this is interesting, biggest gaming channel on YouTube. I should post on GAF"
GAF: Console wars, PewDiePie is cancer, etc.

Me:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Friend: sends me a few screenshots and that reddit link.
Me: "Hmm this is interesting, biggest gaming channel on YouTube. I should post on GAF"
GAF: Console wars, PewDiePie is cancer, etc.

Me:

Anymore, I just post for me, and the coolest people, and keep my expectations low for the rest, lol. That goes for any social media.

Google, Facebook and Twitter need to be shut down. Too much unchecked power at this point.

I absolutely agree with this sentiment.

Big tech has become more powerful than governments if you were to be quite Frank with the situation.

They definitely need to be reigned in.

Then again, here I am, using Google Chrome, asking for them to be reigned in.

They won't be.

They have too much information.

They hold too many cards.

I dont think the ball will ever be in our court barring the world collapsing as we know it.

:/

Rikkori

Stop using Youtube, switch to Bitchute. Vote with your feet people! It's not going to get better from here on out.

YoodlePro

People shitting on PDP probably still only see him as that screeching YouTube from 5 years ago.

In reality he's a really wholesome guy, donates a lot to charity and honestly a joy to watch a lot of his videos for the past year.
If you don't enjoy his content fine, move along. He mostly reviews memes nowadays so yeah, don't know what the f you people want/are on about.

Cato

Banned
Are you implying that my personal opinion of someone shouldn't dictate what other people should do or think?

rTWDmuc.gif

No. What I am saying is that this "I am triggered and need to shut down this other voice that triggers me" is a cancer
and all the people that push this cancel-culture needs to grow up and shut up.

Your cancel-culture is cancer and you should stop pushing it.

No. What I am saying is that this "I am triggered and need to shut down this other voice that triggers me" is a cancer
and all the people that push this cancel-culture needs to grow up and shut up.

Your cancel-culture is cancer and you should stop pushing it.

Lol. I was agreeing with you. Was my comment not obviously sarcastic?

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry.
I didn't know. It is hard to tell these days. There are so many crazy people out there these days.

In your race to lash out, you're getting sloppy. Someone picking on you at school or something?

Relax, you can still watch your "Pewdiepie" videos no matter what anyone else thinks.

He didn't get banned, he got shadowbanned, which, as I said, is becoming increasingly common. There hasn't been anything in his recent videos that would merit such an action. They're literally manipulating the search and subscription feeds to hide his content. It may be a bug, but I doubt it.
What difference does it make if he got banned or shadow banned? Either way they found a reason to ban him if this is all true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom