• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie Shadow Banned on YouTube

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief

Seems like Pewds got hit with a shadow ban.

Searching for "Pewdiepie" will bring up a few older videos and a bunch of compilation/reaction videos but not his channel and latest video. New video notifications are not working either.

Pewdiepie had just signed a deal with YouTube back in May: PewDiePie signs exclusive live-streaming deal with YouTube

Will YouTube say they made a "mistake" or is this Dr.Disrespect part 2?

Edit #1: Updated with additional context and my personal thoughts:
Re: his videos still appearing in search. Correct, however search typically brings up a person's channel and their latest videos whereas PewDiePie's channel is absent from search, the videos that do show up are older or from other channels, and subscribers did not receive a notification when he posted his video today.

Here are my thoughts, and I'll add them to the OP.

The entertainment value of his content, his net worth, and his personality are irrelevant. The point here is that someone's voice was censored. Every day people get shadow banned and outright deplatformed. In this case it happened to the biggest YouTube creator, how many people with smaller audiences have also been shadow banned without explanation? A good example of how easily someone's voice can be silenced or their podium removed.

Edit #2: Looks like he is back. No explanation yet.

Edit #3:
Update: Fully back to normal. New video up with 130k views in 20 min.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Comment section

Untitled.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully that Linus cunt is next followed by that Jim Sterling nonce.

It's just going to keep getting worse if there aren't significant changes. Happens all the time now.
Changes to what? He once called a guy the n word on stream when playing pubg and nothing happened. He just apologized and people moved on.

If he got banned it’s probably for something really serious.

Last edited:

Umbral

They’re purging again.

Bret Weinstein was kicked off Facebook today and I’ve seen Patreon doing some purging too. Wrongthink will not be tolerated.

I tried to test it out and yeah, barely any Pewdiepie videos showed up and those who did show up were old. His newest video does seem far lower than the norm for his videos as well. So probably yeah, or it might be something else, though then you'd expect it to hit far more YouTubers.

Naibel

Yeah, I don't get it. Pewdiepie's no longer at war with Youtube, in fact he signed a streaming deal with them just a few months ago. That would be the ultimate bitch move if it just happened to be more than "just a glitch". I prefer to wait and see how this unfolds.

Griffon

Well, whatever the case, hopefully it's just a glitch. Because it would set a scary precedent to have some youtuber made to "disappear" without anybody noticing. If youtube doesn't want him anymore, they should be forward and downright say it.

I still don't like him but, yeah, it's beside the point.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Hopefully not intentional, I don't think it is. He has had controversy in the past, but he's pretty tame these days.

Top Bottom