• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition to make Sony support 1440p

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
On your research, its a lot of old monitor... Why ? Because they was HDMI 1.4. Since 2015 every 1440p have a hdmi 2.0 port who support 1440p@60hz....
My 3440x1440 Ultrawide Alienware G-Sync monitor I bought in 2018 only has display ports..... HDMI2/2.1 has not been common in the PC monitor landscape at all until very very recently. Certainly not 2015.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
My 3440x1440 Ultrawide Alienware G-Sync monitor I bought in 2018 only has display ports..... HDMI2/2.1 has not been common in the PC monitor landscape at all until very very recently. Certainly not 2015.
HDMI to DP works fine - for audio you just have to use a headset with USB or TRS jack - like you normally would on a PC - sitting in front of a 27" monitor.

Many gamers around the world use monitors - especially 27" 1440p monitors, as it is the gold standard regarding pixels per inch.

Microsoft has supported the resolution for the past 4 years on their last gen. consoles (Xbox One S/X). and their next gen. consoles also support the resolution. There is absolutely no reasoning behind not supporting it.

We don't need to upgrade or buy new expensive hardware to be able to get a good experience. We only need an option to play with the setup we already have and get the fullest out of it.

The solution is a simple update to the operating system, which downscales the 4K signal to 1440p. Nothing more nothing less.

With this petition I hope we can let Sony know, that we're here - not just us who plays games on monitors, but gamers who want more choices and diversity in how we play games.

Support the petition and spread it to all the gaming forums and media outlets. Let's make PlayStation, be for the players.

Thank you.

-SIGN THE PETITION HERE-

Edit: New link to other petition with more followers

Edit: Just go to the comment section and "beg" for 1440p :messenger_grinning_smiling: Almost 1400 comments and 99% of them is about 1440p :messenger_heart:
i can confirm through rumour its coming summer https://wccftech.com/ps5-system-update-21-01-03-20-00-04-dualsense/ fear not , good job i invested in a ultra wide , like the fkin intelligent cunt i am... now which clown said , it will never come out for p5?.... hehheheh... xxx

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dude your link has nothing to do with 1440p. Are you high again?
it says it somewhere?
T3YMokB.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dude did you even read the article you linked? It was from weeks ago, and the only mention of 1440p or ultrawide were in the comments section, mostly of people saying "dude the PS5 is never going to have 1440p or ultra wide screen"

Post Stop GIF by JOE

Dude did you even read the article you linked? It was from weeks ago, and the only mention of 1440p or ultrawide were in the comments section, mostly of people saying "dude the PS5 is never going to have 1440p or ultra wide screen"

Post Stop GIF by JOE
sony said it will come eventually, last year.

no they didn't, they said something along the lines of "if there is demand we will look into it" which doesn't really mean anything
there is a demand for it , as it is a consumer choice to many. i reckon next firmware update , beta testers will get to try out , will include it.

REDRZA MWS

I game on a 77” LG GX with HDMI 2.1, and I’d love the option for 1440p so I can get as close to the 120fps in games that support it. My series X supports 1440 p on my TV, no reason my PS5 shouldn’t.

PS- Pleaee add VRR too Sony.

Banned
there is a demand for it , as it is a consumer choice to many. i reckon next firmware update , beta testers will get to try out , will include it.

Sony also promised, yes promised... not only "if there's demand", that the PS4 will get a firmware update to support 4K30hz output soon after launch.

guess what, it never happened... even tho Frozenbyte were already preparing a 4K patch for Trine 2 to take advantage of 4K TVs... the firmware update never came and it was simply swiped under the rug, never to be mentioned again

Top Bottom