• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PETA Wants Far Cry 6 to Remove Its Cockfighting Mini-Game

K2D

Banned
Nah man.. PETA, the left and all the puritans have got it all wrong..!

Bring on all the deranged depravity. The more the better. Just as well with a little satire. Can't keep censoring and cushioning people. We've got to shine a light on topics like this. Bring about transparency. It's good for ones moral fiber!

lol

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Fun fact for all the PETA supporters; an ex, who was vegetarian, once tried to turn me. She bought Quorn for me, and tried to show me a video of chickens kept in cages and shit. It went on for an hour. A fucking hour. After, she turned, smiled, and said I’m one of them now. I turned, smile, and said I was hungry. I proceeded to bring KFC home and demolished the entire bucket in front of her.

Vaelka

PETA is like the dumb shit in NA ( and the UK among other countries ) about how extreme gore and violence is okay but not nudity and sex.
Hearing that the nudity in Hellraiser was cut out of the films because of pressure from up top made me remember that, anyone who has seen the movies know how fucking insane that is that nudity was their issue.

Only that for PETA extreme violence is totally okay against humans, but a talking kangaroo with boxing gloves getting into a boxing match?
OMFG THIS IS SO IMMORAL AND HORRIBLE HOW DARE YOU ABUSE THESE ANIMALS SO!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

ManaByte

Fun fact for all the PETA supporters; an ex, who was vegetarian, once tried to turn me. She bought Quorn for me, and tried to show me a video of chickens kept in cages and shit. It went on for an hour. A fucking hour. After, she turned, smiled, and said I’m one of them now. I turned, smile, and said I was hungry. I proceeded to bring KFC home and demolished the entire bucket in front of her.
jimmy kimmel live cape GIF by The Webby Awards

Radrigal

They should've gone all out and invested into a deep cock fighting system where you can upgrade your cock of choice with different beaks, war painted feathers, diamond infused claws and battle cries. Hell let us choose a song for their arena entrance
Oh hell yeah. Go all in with breeding and bloodlines, inheritable traits and skills, until you you acquire the ultimate cock.

Bonus secret boss after beating the game: you have to put down the monster rooster you have created with just your machete.

Ubi is pretty woke isn't it? I imagine they will do their best to not respond. I wonder if they will. Hopefully they tell them to eat ass and it takes the company in a more free direction.

Droxcy

They depicted it very well in the game if you ask me. No blood, no insane cuts or body parts being ripped off. My buddy frequents Cuba and he post cock fighting videos on his stories and let me tell you I'd rather watch this in Far Cry than the real thing.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Ubisoft: Sure thing...just as soon as you stop murdering REAL animals in REAL life.
Reality: They will cower and censor themselves to placate one of the worst orgs in the world.

Fact check: PETA euthanizes 72% of the animals they take in.
It's an awful scam that somehow is still allowed to bilk morons out of money and murder animals like it's a goddamned shitty video game.

wolffy71

Banned
Everyone knows Peta loves cocks.

Not surprised they dont want to see something clawing at the head of one.

Hurts me just typing that tbh

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Why are you using NeoGAF to give PETA attention? Delete this shit.

jaysius

Banned
This place can be a real dump sometimes, with all the fighting over plastic boxes and 1 framerate “wins” of games that 3/4 of the posters will never touch. Then something fucking stupid like this shit comes along to draw us altogether in hate for one stupid pile of nuts.

THANK YOU PETA!

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Oh hell yeah. Go all in with breeding and bloodlines, inheritable traits and skills, until you you acquire the ultimate cock.

Bonus secret boss after beating the game: you have to put down the monster rooster you have created with just your machete.
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Pull n Pray

Banned
This is what I don't understand as well. In games, everyone is fine with men getting killed or brutalized in the worst possible ways which is okay because it's just pixels. But as soon as anyone other than men enter the equation, it's called all the buzzwords and has articles written about how it is harmful to (enter anyone other than men here).
Yep, look how much shit GTA V got for "encouraging violence against women". Apparently women need special protections in video games. Having the same rules for female NPCs as male NPCs is "misogyny".

Last edited:
As a latino they should instead go to south America (where originally I'm from) and stop the real cockfighting there if they care for it so much. Would also like to know how many chicken sandwhiches they had so far in their lives.Fucking useless group. Asquerosos!

Star-Lord

Yep, look how much shit GTA V got for "encouraging violence against women". Apparently women need special protections in video games. Haven't the same rules for female NPCs as male NPCs is "misogyny".
And wasn’t there an entire scene in GTA V where, as Trevor, you actively tortured a guy for information? Fuck all gets done about that, or the countless prostitutes killed after bedding them, but a few pixelated chickens get in a fight and suddenly there’s uproar? Mad times.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
And wasn’t there an entire scene in GTA V where, as Trevor, you actively tortured a guy for information? Fuck all gets done about that, or the countless prostitutes killed after bedding them, but a few pixelated chickens get in a fight and suddenly there’s uproar? Mad times.

That scene was condemned by charities including those who champion human rights and support torture victims, politicians and education unions, apparently.

Star-Lord

That scene was condemned by charities including those who champion human rights and support torture victims, politicians and education unions, apparently.

And yet the scene remains in the game, much like how Ubi will keep this one in. They’re only fucking digital chickens. They ain’t real, people.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
And yet the scene remains in the game, much like how Ubi will keep this one in. They’re only fucking digital chickens. They ain’t real, people.

I didn't say it had been censored, just that it actually had received the reaction you said it hadn't.

It's difficult for me to reply because you acknowledge that GTA's torture scene was significant in some way (you brought it up) but presumably the correct response to any reservation about any content in any game would be to say "they're just digital people/ chickens/ etc." It's a bit of a paradox.

I guess that stance would mean that no act is too depraved for a video game and that the world's greatest atrocities - the absolute worst crimes that can be visited on anyone or anything - can be waved away with the assertion that it's digital so the depictions don't matter.

But you brought up the torture scene like it was worse than animal abuse, despite it featuring digital people and therefore not mattering at all...?

Star-Lord

I guess that stance would mean that no act is too depraved for a video game and that the world's greatest atrocities - the absolute worst crimes that can be visited on anyone or anything - can be waved away with the assertion that it's digital so the depictions don't matter.

But you brought up the torture scene like it was worse than animal abuse, despite it featuring digital people and therefore not mattering at all...?
The torture scene didn’t bother me as I’m mentally capable of distinguishing the difference between a videogame and reality. It’s why ‘No Russian’ didn’t bother me in Modern Warfare 2, and why Nathan Drake shooting up hundreds of goons in the Uncharted series barely made an impression. I have the exact same mentality with these digital chickens in Far Cry 6.

Last edited:

MikeM

I didn't say it had been censored, just that it actually had received the reaction you said it hadn't.

It's difficult for me to reply because you acknowledge that GTA's torture scene was significant in some way (you brought it up) but presumably the correct response to any reservation about any content in any game would be to say "they're just digital people/ chickens/ etc." It's a bit of a paradox.

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Top Bottom