• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PETA Wants Far Cry 6 to Remove Its Cockfighting Mini-Game

Bragr

Banned
Fucking animals means nothing compared to humans, and when you use mass killings as they do in the game, any concerns about cockfighting mean nothing. They use mass murder and genocide like candy in Far Cry 6, who the hell gets through the initial mission, where people are getting gunned down in the streets by the hundreds, to get angry about cockfighting?

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
I haven't played it either, but I'm assuming that you place bets and win money for participating.
Not at all, it's more like you collect different ones and then you fight in what is more akin to a comedy Tekken with roosters.

Anyway I didn't mean to sound like a killjoy, I just like animals.
Uh-huh.
Do you like humans?
Cause if you do, boy do I have some bad news for you...

After all, everything you do in a game you do in real life and everything that is put in a game is a glorification of the same thing in real life as well.

On the other, do we really need to simulate terrible things like cock and dog fighting?
While you and me might think it's terrible, in other cultures it is considered normal and barely anyone bats an eye.
I do question its inclusion in a game clearly aimed at a western audience that for the most part doesn't accept animal fights, but if the made-up culture they put in their game has that as part of their society, well, their choice.

Serious talk. If PETA is all about fighting against animal cruelty then why don't they have shelters or avenues to rescue such animals and give them homes or donate/assist with the preservation of endangered species instead going after stuff in video games. Wanting to remove something from a video game does nothing to help animals in the real world.

And honestly the chickens fighting each other like in a fighting game looks like a lot of fun.
They do have shelters and rescues, but most of them are kill kennels because they receive more animals than they could ever possibly take care of. They also don’t care about animals. It’s all about the money, baby.

Drewpee

Banned
“Turning a horrific blood sport like cockfighting into a Mortal Kombat–style video game match is a far cry from real innovation, as today’s society is strongly opposed to forcing animals to fight to the death. Roosters used in cockfights are fitted with sharp spurs that tear through flesh and bone, causing agonizing and fatal injuries. PETA Latino urges Ubisoft to replace this reprehensible minigame with one that doesn’t glorify cruelty.”

Who really cares? It is a real thing that actually happens in different cultures around the world.

The Western world is willing to farm (not raise) chickens and other animals so fat that they literally can't move, their lives spent in a dark disgusting room until one day they are killed, chopped up into pieces and put in front of us at the grocery store wrapped in plastic. But somehow we think we have the moral highground when it comes to treating animals with respect. The hypocrisy can be tiresome.

Star-Lord

Who really cares? It is a real thing that actually happens in different cultures around the world.

The Western world is willing to farm (not raise) chickens and other animals so fat that they literally can't move, their lives spent in a dark disgusting room until one day they are killed, chopped up into pieces and put in front of us at the grocery store wrapped in plastic. But somehow we think we have the moral highground when it comes to treating animals with respect. The hypocrisy can be tiresome.
So I’m assuming you only play games like Cooking Mama and Animal Crossing? Because if you play anything like Call of Duty or Uncharted or Pokémon, then you’re a fucking hypocrite. By your logic, killing anything that resembles anything with a heart or a brain is barbaric and goes against nature, amiryte?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
People mildly voice disappointment at an element of a game.

Then the classics get rolled out:
✅Hyperbole
✅False Equivalence
✅Trolling

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
So I’m assuming you only play games like Cooking Mama and Animal Crossing? Because if you play anything like Call of Duty or Uncharted or Pokémon, then you’re a fucking hypocrite. By your logic, killing anything that resembles anything with a heart or a brain is barbaric and goes against nature, amiryte?
No, you're wrong and completely missed the point of my post.

Just to be clear, I dont care about cockfighting in a videogame and I dont care that chickens are farmed as fat pieces of meat for us to eat. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of their complaint.

Try again.

Star-Lord

No, you're wrong and completely missed the point of my post.

Just to be clear, I dont care about cockfighting in a videogame and I dont care that chickens are farmed as fat pieces of meat for us to eat. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of their complaint.

Try again.
My bad, I misread your post.

Marvel

could never
thfu2i0c

gwvi32kq

• LOL
Reactions: MrS

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
They should've gone all out and invested into a deep cock fighting system where you can upgrade your cock of choice with different beaks, war painted feathers, diamond infused claws and battle cries. Hell let us choose a song for their arena entrance

I'm guessing it's a so so animated thing with poor collision detection and recycled spectator npcs spewing the same overacted lines in a poor accent over and over

Last edited:

LordCBH

Fuck off Peta. Can we have them declared a terrorist organization yet considering all the bullshit they pull?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Can't take PETA shaming video games seriously, and yet you can go on a killing rampage in GTA.

McGILLAZ

If Ubi does wind up removing this game due to pressure, I'd like a refund for removing content from something I purchased. They already removed gutting animals from this chapter, which removes some immersion imo.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
There's no greater indication of PETA's relevance or capability in 2021 than the fact that you can legitimately throw a dart on a map and hit a butchery, but they're throwing a fit about digital chickens.

I'm going to Popeyes.

Esppiral

Don't know what PETA is but in my language when someone "peta" Someone else it means is fucking it from the back..... So I find this news hilarious 😂

lukilladog

I remember my first times watching cock fights as a child, I couldn´t understand why people were excited about it, and found it cruel and brutal, particularly that part where they mutilate their head comb and feed it to the very same animal. Unfortunately there is no way around the immorality of the act of having animals fight to death... I find odd that game and media companies ban non immoral behaviors like prostitution or sex, or certain things like cleavages, but allow this. (n)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm surprised PETA didn't go after Monster Hunter series since those games is all about hunting local animals.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
In order for Ubi to change it and not infringe on Nintendo's copyrights, I propose that the chicken containment canisters in the revised game be called "cockballs".

Hellmaker

What people are forgetting,humans are the most powerful and always killing capturing everything they want.And humans can talk do something.Animals can’t speak they are dependent how humans treat them.Almost no wals left no tigers and endless other animals because humans, slaughter everything what’s gets them a few pennys,or just for fun.or destroy their living environment which Leads also to death.In a world where still dog fights,Cock fights and others disgusting things happen,Peta is probably trying to not get people to desensitized to such things.Or try to rise awareness.I know it’s a video game but maybe that’s what their are trying.
Do you think poachers in Africa first play this minigame to get all hyped up, and then go hunt animals to extinction?

ManaByte

What people are forgetting,humans are the most powerful and always killing capturing everything they want.And humans can talk do something.Animals can’t speak they are dependent how humans treat them.Almost no wals left no tigers and endless other animals because humans, slaughter everything what’s gets them a few pennys,or just for fun.or destroy their living environment which Leads also to death.In a world where still dog fights,Cock fights and others disgusting things happen,Peta is probably trying to not get people to desensitized to such things.Or try to rise awareness.I know it’s a video game but maybe that’s what their are trying.

We'll never win WWIII now.

BlackTron

I think cockfighting is very bad. That said, Pokemon is pretty much cockfighting for kids. All kinds of stuff that is bad in real life is in a game. Big deal.

I find it funny that they highlight the cockfighting takes place in a Mortal Kombat style fighting game, and saying that is wrong, while seemingly glossing over the fact that Mortal Kombat is the exact same thing with human beings. So, a game about people brutally fighting to the death is okay, but when you make it about chickens, a crime has been committed.

Anyway I gotta got pick up my order at Popeye's, seeya.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Peta are attention seekers by this point.

Idk what complaining about a game mechanic is going to do.

Just imagine if they learned about Hunter Call of The Wild :messenger_face_screaming:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I also think Ubisoft shouldn't have put cockfighting in their game.

🙄

Edit: are you laughing because your post was a joke and I didn't realise?

Anyone who has any kind of empathy?

Whoops, I realise what's happening now.

People mildly voice disappointment at an element of a game.

Then the classics get rolled out:
✅Hyperbole
✅False Equivalence
✅Trolling

Oh dear. I hope you escape your oppression soon.

Judging by your embarrassing posts in this thread, the only one oppressed here is you.

I don't see anything to be embarrassed by there.

Top Bottom