• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona series 25th anniversary website launched, teases seven new projects

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Persona-25th_07-12-21-600x464.jpg

Google Translate:
In 2021, the "Persona" series exceeded the cumulative worldwide sales of 15 million units.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude and gratitude to all those who have watched over and supported us for a long time.

And in September, the "Persona" series will finally celebrate its 25th anniversary.

With gratitude to all of you, we will spend about a year from September 2021 this year to the fall of 2022 next year.
As PERSONA 25th Anniversary YEAR, we are preparing a lot of fun.

25th commemorative goods, various events, collaborations, and of course game information, etc.
We will announce various Anniversaries one by one. Please look forward to it.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Persona 3 Remake is highly likely to be the last announcement or 2nd last. This was posted today and today is Persona 3's 15th Anniversary. ATLUS WEST have also said to look forward to it, so it'll be pretty big.

Do we get FES and Portable?

Honestly, Persona 3 killed the series for me and I only focused on SMT ever since. But I'll keep an eye on what they choose to do with the first two game's characters.. assuming it's not a dancing/rhythm spinoff.

Topher

Gold Member
We seriously need one definitive edition so I hope if its a Remake its compiling features from the original games/ports. FeMC being recognized gives me hope.

Wasn't Portable the "definitive edition" since it had everything FES had plus extra levels and story?

Persona 6 this soon? I doubt it, tho they could announce development for saure but this thing aint coming out so soon after P5 thats a given.

awwwww shit :D hyppeeeeeees

i hope PC ports of 3 fes + 5 royal. i would also loove a mobile persona game on ios/android.

Last edited:

april6e

they aint changing the formula. persona 5 was a huge success.

I also agree that it's time to switch things up. Yes, I get it, the modern Persona games are incredible. I love them to death. But I don't want to see a million sequels trying to relive Persona 4.

The same way that Persona 3 tried something drastically new and is the reason why the Persona series is booming right now, they need to do something different with Persona 6 and evolve the series further. If it doesn't work, they can always just go back to the P3-5 formula with P7.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
My guess is

Strikers version for P3 and P4 just like how they milked the Dancing games.
P5 Arena
Persona 6
Possibly a mobile game that features more in line with Persona rather than SMT since they already have SMT mobile.
P1-P3 remakes.

That’s about all I can think of.

Aurelius

Hoping for a P4G port and a P3 remake for Switch. A teaser for P6 would be great too.
Is Project Re: Fantasy considered part of the Persona line-up?

Last edited:

BaneIsPain

1 PC port,
1 mobile game,
1 next gen P5R
1 merch. collection
P6 teaser,
1 P5 spin-off
1 Persona dancing game sequel.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

SEVEN? Fucking hell give this IP a break.
Do you know how slow mainline game releases are...
Persona 3 - 2006
Persona 4 - 2008
Persona 5 - 2016
Persona 6 - almost 5 years and counting

spin-offs and updated releases are like the only thing keeping it in public eye.

Pallas

I really hope one of these projects is a remaster collection of Persona 1-4, would love to go through those games again.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
they aint changing the formula. persona 5 was a huge success.
Its not about that, same way Persona 1&2 creators moved from the series, Hashino also moved from Persona and created his own studio.

Its good idea for the new team to established their own take instead of chasing Hashino's formula.

Last edited:
Its not about that, same way Persona 1&2 creators moved from the series, Hashino also moved from Persona and created his own studio.

Its good idea for the new team to established their own take instead of chasing Hashino's formula.
i get it but i think they'd be stupid to ditch the current formula when it sells so well. by all means try new things but don't shake it up too much. leave that for spin offs if they want to experiment.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Do you know how slow mainline game releases are...
Persona 3 - 2006
Persona 4 - 2008
Persona 5 - 2016
Persona 6 - almost 5 years and counting

spin-offs and updated releases are like the only thing keeping it in public eye.
It's one of the most oversaturated JRPG brands and a spin off of an actual series so. 👀

The fans won't let it die, don't worry about that.

just discovered this. i don't mean it's new...it's been known for a while now but this could be one of the teased projects. definitely looks and sounds like a Persona game. apparently it's a mobile game.

leaked trailer:

Pallas

For everyone saying one of the projects might be a mobile game, one technically already exists, it’s just under the SMT label. Not saying they won’t launch another mobile game, but I’m just putting that out there. Just in case someone one didn’t know.

Te2deV7.jpg

Kumomeme

apparently Persona 6 not in development yet but certainly will be developed in future.

"Thanks to the large amount of support we received for Persona 5, we have gotten a sense of accomplishment. But we can’t stop there. When we created Persona 4, there was pressure that it had to exceed Persona 3. Now, we will have to create a 6 which exceeds 5,
However, exceeding 5 will be difficult with the current staff. I would like to surpass this tall hurdle with everyone who joins us in this recruitment. The workplace is perfect for those who want a creative challenge when it comes to bringing games to the world." - Atlus director Naoto Hiraoka

sounds like they gonna expand the team first.

also Katsura Hashino might not involved with next persona anymore as he and other key staff formed another team for Project Re:Fantasy that announced 2017.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
They need to shake the formula - school sim is nice but we had it now for P3, P4, P5, time to try and move on. I would really like Persona 5 on Switch though, only way for me to finish it.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I just want Persona 3 Fes & 4 Golden in HD on PS4/5
A Remake would be nice to bring them in line with P5, but I'd settle for a remaster

Last edited:

balt1kr1s

Persona 6
Persona 6 better edition
Persona 6 spin off #1
Persona 6 spin off #2
Persona 6 spin off #3
Persona 6 spin off #4
Persona 6 spin off #5

Milk it down baby!

Top Bottom