• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 6 may be revealed at New Game Plus Expo, June 23rd

Nankatsu

According to rumors from industry insiders, Atlus is teasing the reveal of Persona 6 at New Game Plus Expo on June 23, 2020.

Fans have reported that industry insiders have teased an announcement from Atlus revealing Persona 6, the next numerical game in the Persona franchise.

According to a Reddit post, insiders in the gaming industry have teased that Persona 6 may be making an appearance at the New Game Plus Expo. Companies like Atlus, Sega, and Spike Chunsoft will come together to stream game news announcements on June 23, which would be a good time to announce the next installment in the Persona franchise.

Source

Take this with a considerable grain of salt, since it's based on a reddit post that the article doesn't even link to. I tried to find it but didn't managed.

It's possible it turns out not to be true so:

0a73c707b1918934d9b54977db8a8d6dcc7b5329_hq.gif

Last edited:
Interesting. In the Expo thread a few of us were speculating Atlus would maybe reveal a port of some sort

GamesAreFun

Banned
I can believe it, Persona 5 released 4 years ago. As they developed a brand-new engine for Persona 5, they could reuse it for Persona 6 and have a quicker development cycle.

Reactions: Isa

Nankatsu

I can see a teaser trailer happening, nothing more than that.

Something like what they did for P5 with the "Want Emancipation?" teaser.

When they say Persona 6, what they actually mean is Growlanser 6 on Switch.

Sometimes you just can't get the right words when a game is mentioned to have multiple endings and teenagers trying to take down a tyrant of a town. ;)

Reactions: Isa

Paracelsus

Persona is going to end up like reverse-Yakuza:
They are going to run the series into the ground and reboot it as an action game with dialogues.

Vawn

Banned
I'd expect we see Persona 6 sometime during PS5's lifespan, but I think it's several years off.

Would love to see this go to the Switch. After Persona 4 Golden, the series doesn't feel right not on a handheld. I played most of P5 on Vita via Remote Play, but a true handheld would be preferable.

Zephir

Do we have to create a "Games that were released before Shin Megami Tensei V" twitter account like Yandere Similator?

No, I don't believe they'll reveal a new Persona entry, aside from a new spin-off or a switch port of the main game...and even if they'll make one, I'll still be mad that this gets priority over SMT...

Anyway, my bet is Persona 5 Arena because why not?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If Sony never paid Atlus to have the exclusivity before, they should consider it.
Why would Sony waste money when Atlus already makes Persona series exclusives to PlayStation without Sony paying them anything.

Blond

Banned
Why would Sony waste money when Atlus already makes Persona series exclusives to PlayStation without Sony paying them anything.

Microsoft got the every Yakuza franchise seemingly out of nowhere so let's not act like Microsoft sweetening the pot with financial assistance wouldn't be a draw.

GamesAreFun

Banned
I seriously doubt P6 is being shown this early. One can dream.
How is it early? Persona 3 and 4 were only 2 years apart, and it's been almost 4 years since Persona 5 released, they've had ages to develop a new title, wouldn't be surprised if it releases in 2021.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Persona is going to end up like reverse-Yakuza:
They are going to run the series into the ground and reboot it as an action game with dialogues.
They don’t have to, Atlus uses spinoff to give different combat systems to the series like doing with Persona 5 Scramble.

Microsoft got the every Yakuza franchise seemingly out of nowhere so let's not act like Microsoft sweetening the pot with financial assistance wouldn't be a draw.
If that’s the case why Microsoft haven’t try convince Atlus to bring Persona series on Xbox like they with Saga for Yakuza series?

Last edited:

Shouta

I could see them announcing it quickly and releasing it a few years out. It didn't take them nearly as long to make Persona 4 after they had completed 3.

mejin

Last year at the Atlus event, Sony mentioned how important the Persona series is to Playstation. I think it will be difficult to have the main games still exclusive without any kind of incentive.

Over the years, Persona series grew bigger and bigger till it completely overshadowed the main series SMT which is traditionally focused on nintendo platforms. We know Nintendo always has a clear deal to get SMT main games on their platform, but not Sony with Persona. That's why I believe Sony should do some kind of deal to get not only Persona, but also other Atlus jrpgs to Playstation. Sony won't and probably will never have a studio focused on this kind of genre, it is a mistake imo. So, at least make some partnerships.

I personally hope that Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 are bundled and released on Switch, as well as that other series on PS2 I forget the name of but costs an arm and a leg to purchase now!

SantaC

How is it early? Persona 3 and 4 were only 2 years apart, and it's been almost 4 years since Persona 5 released, they've had ages to develop a new title, wouldn't be surprised if it releases in 2021.
Well they have been working on P5 Royal also.

Fbh

Might be a bit early but it could be many years between announcement and release, and then some more years for the "fixed" version.

This time I'll wait for the definitive version though

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Looks too early. Then again, Persona 5 was revealed several years before release if I remember correctly. Publishers & developers : stop doing this already.
(just checked it, the game was announced 2.5 years before release, I really dislike this)

Project Re:Fantasy was only announced more than 3 years ago :messenger_ok::messenger_weary::messenger_tears_of_joy:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim ? 4.5 years ago :messenger_sunglasses: Oh shit, the game was actually released lol. It only took 4 years :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ryan13ts

I'll be legit pissed if they show off Persona 6, when SMTV was announced almost over 3 years ago and they still haven't shown us jack shit of it. That would pretty much confirm a lot of fears SMT fans have been having for a while, that Persona is basically killing SMT and that Atlus is putting it's priorities completely in Persona.

I'm still in high doubt mode simply because of how ridiculous all of this would be, but you can never write off shit like this. Even though I love Persona, it can never replace SMT.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I can believe it, Persona 5 released 4 years ago. As they developed a brand-new engine for Persona 5, they could reuse it for Persona 6 and have a quicker development cycle.

Yes but P5R released less than 2 months ago and that’s a full price game tho and they still not showed SMT.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If we get anything it will be just a confirmation that it is in development and if we are lucky then maybe a "persona 6" logo.

Lloyd22

i would love an announcement soon, Persona 5 is big game filled with content, Persona 6 should be bigger, and i don't think atlus have the manpower to release Persona 6 soon, maybe 2022?

Danjin44

I LOVED P3-5 but just like how formula changed after first P1, P2IS and P2EP, it should change again with Persona 6. Since Hashino moved on to his next project, the next team needs to make their own style of Persona game complete with new artist, starting with 6th game.

Top Bottom