• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal Release Date Confirmed for March 31, 2020 in the West | Details of different editions

Mista

Banned

The Western release date for Persona 5 Royal has been confirmed for March 31, 2020 via an Amazon Canadaproduct listing.

This follows the tease that Atlus USA would be making a Persona 5 Royal related announcement for the West today, on December 3, 2019. The official English website is still counting down to the announcement as of this writing, and this post will be updated once it is made.

------------------------------------------------------

Physical Editions:

49135194826_93fd0ae1f5_o.jpg

Phantom Thieves Edition – $89.99
  • Official Joker Mask (comes with a stand)
  • Collector’s Box
  • Art book
  • Soundtrack
  • Limited edition Steelbook case
  • Dynamic PS4 Theme code

49134707573_c2e28753c3_o.jpg

Launch Edition – $59.99
  • Limited edition Steelbook case
  • Dynamic PS4 Theme code

Digital Editions:

P5R-Dated-West_12-03-19_004.jpg

Persona 5 Royal Ultimate Edition $99.99

• Includes the game and all DLC bundles plus 6 additional costume packs
P5R-Dated-West_12-03-19_003.jpg

Persona 5 Royal Deluxe Edition $69.99
  • Includes the game and the “Persona 5 Royal Kasumi Costume Bundle”
Persona 5 Royal DLC Bundles

Persona 5 Royal DLC Bundles will be available for purchase, separately:
  • Kasumi Costume Bundle – $14.99
  • Battle Bundle – $9.99
  • Persona Bundle – $9.99
  • DLC Bundle – $59.99

Last edited:

Sakura

Why is the countdown over if it isn't out until March
edit: Oh Atlus's typical countdown to announcements

Last edited:

ROMhack

Forgot about this, can somebody remind me what's different compared to base version?

Also when the heck are they releasing P5 for Switch. I've been holding off as I'd rather play in handheld (if possible).

Last edited:

Sakura

Forgot about this, can somebody remind me what's different compared to base version?

Also when the heck are they releasing P5 for Switch. I've been holding off as I'd rather play in handheld (if possible).
A few new social links, some gameplay changes (Showtime attacks, ammo for your guns replenishes each battle, etc), a handful of new events, a bit of additional content after December, and some other more minor stuff.
Also I don't think it is ever coming to the Switch.

Last edited:

Fbh

P5 vanila peaked at chatper 1. I wonder if this edition is any better.

Well supposedly it has a ton of new content but Atlus is saying total playtime should be roughly the same as the original release. Which would imply the pacing, which IMO was the biggest issue, should be much better.

I'm still kinda upset I forgot Atlus usually does this shit. I should have waited for this version

RPGCrazied

Just how much new story is there? Do I really want to pay full price again? If its just a new character then I don't know.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was hoping this would be released on Feb but it doesn’t matter, I absolutely LOVED original P5 and more than happy replay it again like I did with P3FES, P4G and Catherine Full Body.

Kawika

Well supposedly it has a ton of new content but Atlus is saying total playtime should be roughly the same as the original release. Which would imply the pacing, which IMO was the biggest issue, should be much better.

I'm still kinda upset I forgot Atlus usually does this shit. I should have waited for this version

I never bought it on PS3/4 because I was holding out for a Switch Version because playing Persona 4 Golden was so much better on the go than playing on my PS2. However, I think i like the original VO better. I wonder if anything changed for this release.

Last edited:
Not a fan of this being full price $60 release when it's on the same platform. As I'm in the middle of playing P5 now I think i'll wait a bit and get it when it's cheaper.

Mista

Banned
Last edited:

Sakura

Just how much new story is there? Do I really want to pay full price again? If its just a new character then I don't know.
It's honestly not much. I would only recommend this game if you never played P5 or you are a huge fan of P5.

Top Bottom