• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal PC Requirements Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Persona 5 Royal Minimum Requirements

Architecture: x64
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790, 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X, 3.5 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 Ti or AMD Radeon R7 360
Video Memory: 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 54.23GB of available space

Persona 5 Royal Recommended Requirements
Architecture: x64
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790, 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X, 3.5 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
Video Memory: 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 54.23GB of available space

will i be able to play it with my 9900K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080?

i'm hoping for 1080p 60fps.

/s

I'll be buying it on both PC and Switch. When the hell are preorders going to go up? wtf atlus!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Persona 5 was a PS3 game. Not Royal.

Alright there isn't a huge difference between them but Royal was built to take advantage of PS4/PS4 Pro.
Really? I played both and when playing Royal I didn't notice that many differences... could be wrong of course, since I played vanilla P5 on release and that was many years ago.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Persona 5 was a PS3 game. Not Royal.

Alright there isn't a huge difference between them but Royal was built to take advantage of PS4/PS4 Pro.

The only thing Royal did more was increase resolution, everything else was still 1 : 1.

It makes sense that the PC versions minimum requirements are so low. You can scale on top of it as much as your PC allows. 8K/60 FPS on reasonable modern PC hardware should be a cinch.

The only thing Royal did more was increase resolution, everything else was still 1 : 1.

It makes sense that the PC versions minimum requirements are so low. You can scale on top of it as much as your PC allows. 8K/60 FPS on reasonable modern PC hardware should be a cinch.
Royal had a lot more content too though. Alright resolution/fps might be better but I bet a lot of new stuff Royal added wouldn't have been possible in the PS3 version.

The grapling hook could've posed problems for PS3 and Memento's was completely redesigned in Royal. It might not have been possible in the original PS3 game. I know Atlus likes to release a main game then do an update (FES, Golden, Royal) but I would say PS3 was been pushed as much as it could. PS3 to PS4 might've been a 1:1 port but you can't really compare P5 ps3 to P5R to ps4/pro. the gap between P5 and P5R was about 3 years so they had a lot of time to make the game more efficient for the new hardware.

Only thing I am surprised about is the space requirement. It's about 13GB larger than the PS4 version.
higher resolution textures and/or audio maybe?

i doubt there will be a huge difference but i don't think even atlus will push 1080p textures on a system that can do 4-8K in a game like this.

Last edited:

Holammer

It had a store page on Steam. Lists storage required at 41GB, that's notably lower than the info in the OP.

JayK47

Glad this is coming to Steam. I wonder what the price will be. And I have not played Strikers yet. Almost too much Persona 5.

Pejo

Fuckin' pumped. I took a break from the original game at the pyramid, never went back because I heard P5R was coming out and figured I'd just start over and replay it then. Been a long time coming, but I'm ready for a JRPG again.

Kinda disappointed with the previews and impressions of Soul Hackers 2, so I figured I'd wait for a price drop. Hope they price this reasonably on PC. 49.99 or below and I'm in.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Glad this is coming to Steam. I wonder what the price will be. And I have not played Strikers yet. Almost too much Persona 5.

The console versions that went up for pre-order are full priced $59.99 releases, I'd expect the PC version to be the same.

Top Bottom