• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusankya

11/22 spoiler question
Did they actually change Sae's heart? She doesn't seem different and she didn't note anything herself.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No. There are no such requirements to get the game's true ending. It's literally only determined by dialogue choices; not something to worry about.

Apparently one of the criteria is to
not rat out anyone to Sae which ive been trying to but for example she knows about Makoto and I dont think I told her so im not sure if thats just part of the story.

Oh well I guess ill see when I get there.

Edit: I dont know why it double posted :/

If this is what I think it is, it was a pretty laughable exposition scene. The worst in the game, for sure. Then again,
maybe bad guys just like feeling themselves like that.

The scene just before that was way worse for me. It reminded me of HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THAT COCKADOODIE CAR with how convoluted it was.

No. There are no such requirements to get the game's true ending. It's literally only determined by dialogue choices; not something to worry about.

Tell that to all the people who flubbed the Persona 4 ending because of dialogue choices.

FluxWaveZ

it's not, it's avoid the bad endings and you get the true ending.

Though, there's something that I was unsure of.

ENDING SPOILERS:
I'd assume that Lavenza dialogue changes if you hadn't gone to level 10 for the Strength arcana before it all goes down? In my playthrough, she thanked the protagonist for helping her to remember who she was. Maybe the dialogue doesn't change in either case, though.

Apparently one of the criteria is to
not rat out anyone to Sae which ive been trying to but for example she knows about Makoto and I dont think I told her so im not sure if thats just part of the story.

Oh well I guess ill see when I get there.

Yikes. Whatever you read about doesn't apply at all to what you've been doing so far. It's only one specific scene, and the game lets you know very, very explicitly that what you're about to do will change the course of the story. Again, it's not something to worry about. The game practically has alarm bells ringing whenever you're in an event that will determine the ending, and it pops up red flags when you're making decisions that will lead you to a bad ending.

Nothing you do throughout the game itself will affect the ending you get, with the exception of early Game Overs.

Vanadium

Persona 5 |OT2| No Lobsters for you
Persona 5 |OT2| Big Bang Cat Burglar Challenge
Persona 5 |OT2| A story about love, deception, greed, lust and…unbridled enthusiasm
Persona 5 |OT2| Tokyo Story
Persona 5 |OT2| 7/7 Atlus Shrugged

I have been up too late. For those going into withdrawals or therapy after the journey. I saved Yakuza 0 precisely for this occurrence as the void post P4G was rough. It's a nice segue. Nier: Automata is also a strangely comfortable transition.

Ulong

11/22 spoiler question
Did they actually change Sae's heart? She doesn't seem different and she didn't note anything herself.

They specifically
did not change Sae's heart because they needed her cognitive world to be in tact for their plan. The briefcase they claimed was the treasure was something they actually snuck in with them.

DNAbro

ENDING SPOILERS:
I'd assume that Lavenza dialogue changes if you hadn't gone to level 10 for the Strength arcana before it all goes down? In my playthrough, she thanked the protagonist for helping her to remember who she was. Maybe the dialogue doesn't change in either case, though.

Yikes. Whatever you read about doesn't apply at all to what you've been doing so far. It's only one specific scene, and the game lets you know very, very explicitly that what you're about to do will change the course of the story. Again, it's not something to worry about. The game practically has alarm bells ringing whenever you're in an event that will determine the ending, and it pops up red flags when you're making decisions that will lead you to a bad ending.

Nothing you do throughout the game itself will affect the ending you get, with the exception of early Game Overs.

it doesn't. She said the same thing to me and i didn't have it maxed out

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

ENDING SPOILERS:

If this isnt true im stealing your heart flux.

Lusankya

They specifically
did not change Sae's heart, because they needed her cognitive world to be in tact for their plan.

Oh, right. For some reason I thought they should have changed her by beating her, but you need to steal the treasure and they only pretended to do so.

I don't know if it's just the translation or what, but I really can't get a read on how the game is expecting me to feel about Morgana (just finished the 2nd dungeon). I kind of wonder if he's meant to be similar to Teddie in a "sincere horndog" way, but all the haughty platitudes and line deliveries clash with the girl crazy stuff in a way that is just... I dunno. It's weird, and I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way or not. I guess Morgana is just the strongest example of the way the stilted dialogue is keeping me at an arm's length from the characters.

Really enjoyed the second dungeon, at least. I liked that it mixed things up, not just straight combat all the way through. And all of the music continues to fucking rock.

Edit: One of the most fundamentally frustrating things about the story so far for me is all the "rehabilitation" talk when I have absolutely zero idea about why the protag needs to be rehabilitated. Seems like an important piece of information that one should have 25 hours into a story, lol

FluxWaveZ

Tell that to all the people who flubbed the Persona 4 ending because of dialogue choices.

I hate the way P4 handled it (and we're taking vanilla P4, not P4G, because things changed for the latter). One of the dialogue choices to determine the ending was nebulous, and you wouldn't know that was the case until a while after the scene in question.

And after that scene, it wasn't just a question of dialogue choices, but a hidden, obscure element in the game's last day. I didn't appreciate how it was executed, and I much prefer the P3 method P5 went with.

it doesn't. She said the same thing to me and i didn't have it maxed out

Ah, lame.

Mediking

Wouldn't be surprised if the dude in the Airshop store turns out to be Akihiko's older brother or dad. Looks just like Aki....

cj_iwakura

Wouldn't be surprised if the dude in the Airshop store turns out to be Akihiko's older brother or dad. Looks just like Aki....

He reminds me more of The Whistler from Persona 2.

2-Persona2-14-2.jpg

Also, I assume "Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!" is preferable over 'Among Thieves'?

Yeah. I don't know if it's way worse than P4G or if I'm just more sensitive to it at this point.
You need to play P4G again.
I'll spoiler it just in case:
The crossdressing/bikini contest at the festival and the school camping trip stand out for me. Ugh. And especially in P4G where they make fun of the fat girl even more.
I was just like, fuck you made your point already, it ain't funny.
Yosuke is the fucking worst bro. Ryuji/Yusuke are way better than him.

The perv stuff in P4 exceeds the stuff in P5. P3 is the most classiest of them all for me. Though I wonder if that too is nostalgia cause I don't remember it to well.

Oh I remembered another one!
The Hotsprings event right afterwards where the boys sneak into the girls' room to sleep with them. Like I understand they were scared but come on. Teddie and Kanji SMH!
Fuck.

Capra

Second palace boss on Hard... Are you fucking kidding me.

I thought after I killed the face pieces a second time it would be scripted like the first palace fight. I was wrong.

And yes, I got rampage. It makes it more manageable, but it's still bullshit.

ShadyK54

It's funny that the one thing that consistently makes me mad in this game is the batting cages.

I mess up one swing, I mess them all up.

Mediking

I don't know if it's just the translation or what, but I really can't get a read on how the game is expecting me to feel about Morgana (just finished the 2nd dungeon). I kind of wonder if he's meant to be similar to Teddie in a "sincere horndog" way, but all the haughty platitudes and line deliveries clash with the girl crazy stuff in a way that is just... I dunno. It's weird, and I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way or not. I guess Morgana is just the strongest example of the way the stilted dialogue is keeping me at an arm's length from the characters.

Really enjoyed the second dungeon, at least. I liked that it mixed things up, not just straight combat all the way through. And all of the music continues to fucking rock.

Edit: One of the most fundamentally frustrating things about the story so far for me is all the "rehabilitation" talk when I have absolutely zero idea about why the protag needs to be rehabilitated. Seems like an important piece of information that one should have 25 hours into a story, lol

You should be caring about Morgana....

And c'mon. Think about Joker's situation and why he's being rehabilitated... think....back...... I'm not even that farther than you. Lol

He reminds me more of The Whistler from Persona 2.

2-Persona2-14-2.jpg

Also, I assume "Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!" is preferable over 'Among Thieves'?

Hahahah nice.

So I'm about done the game the first time, is there any decent guides or anything like that good for a New Game + playthrough for getting max everything? I assume you need to do that for the true ending and all. Plus I'd like to actually be able to romance someone since I waited so long since the one I wanted didn't come around until late and I only got to rank 9 so far and I'm not sure I'll have time to hit 10.

PK Gaming

Morgana = Prideful thief.

He isn't really girl-crazy outside of Ann, and definitely not a horndog like Teddie. You'll get a better idea of what he's like once they start further developing his obvious complex about whether
he's really human or not

I hate the way P4 handled it (and we're taking vanilla P4, not P4G, because things changed for the latter). One of the dialogue choices to determine the ending was nebulous, and you wouldn't know that was the case until a while after the scene in question.

And after that scene, it wasn't just a question of dialogue choices, but a hidden, obscure element in the game's last day. I didn't appreciate how it was executed, and I much prefer the P3 method P5 went with.

Ah, lame.

Oh, if it's like P3, that's a lot better, because at least that one's really fucking obvious. Yeah, I was thinking about how easy it was to get the bad/unsatisfying ending just by picking the not-at-all-obvious wrong answer at one point. The only saving grace was that the ending comes so quickly afterwards that you don't lose very much time. I'm not even going to touch the true ending stuff.

Morgana = Prideful thief.

He isn't really girl-crazy outside of Ann, and definitely not a horndog like Teddie. You'll get a better idea of what he's like once they start further developing his obvious complex about whether
he's really human or not

Yeah, even the Lady Ann stuff dies down pretty quickly. Morgana is nowhere near as obnoxious as Teddie in that department, and thank god.

I just hope I get some reasons to care more about Morgana going forward. Teddie was a bit obnoxious at times, but the conflict at the core of his character was one of the biggest parts of P4's heart for me.

And c'mon. Think about Joker's situation and why he's being rehabilitated... think....back...... I'm not even that farther than you. Lol

I mean, I guess it's rehabilitation for the actions that got him sent here in the first place, but as they're clearly 110% justified actions I'm still not seeing why his whole Velvet Room experience is shaped around the idea of being rehabilitated. Maybe it'd work better for me if it were an actual protagonist instead of a silent protagonist and we saw that he was actually doubting himself or was really being affected by the world's unfair judgement or something.

(With all of the praise I trust that this'll hook me eventually, but it's really a bummer to not be into this as immediately as I was with 3 and 4.)

UGH WHY IS THIS GAME PACED LIKE ASS

I just did like an hour or two of straight plot marathon and now I'm back to a full 25 days of dungeon and slice of life. It's exhausting and really killing my desire to ever do NG+.

I like this game a lot, but this pacing issue alone is knocking it down to a 7/10 for me. Christ.

Vorheez

Hey guys, first time posting here! This is my first persona game and I'm enjoying it so far, but I have a question about a gameplay mechanic...

How exactly do you hold up a shadow? The tutorial was not clear enough to me.

Mediking

I just hope I get some reasons to care more about Morgana going forward. Teddie was a bit obnoxious at times, but the conflict at the core of his character was one of the biggest parts of P4's heart for me.

I mean, I guess it's rehabilitation for the actions that got him sent here in the first place, but as they're clearly 110% justified actions I'm still not seeing why his whole Velvet Room experience is shaped around the idea of being rehabilitated. Maybe it'd work better for me if it were an actual protagonist instead of a silent protagonist and we saw that he was actually doubting himself or was really being affected by the world's unfair judgement or something.

Whoa... whoa...

Let's get something clear.

Joker, Ann and Ryuji wants to end people's suffering and they wanna change society.

Why? They each have/are overcoming being outcasts and other issues.

And my theory on the rehabilitation might be a spoiler so I can't say it... I havent beat the game but I got an idea....

Guess Who

Banned
Hey guys, first time posting here! This is my first persona game and I'm enjoying it so far, but I have a question about a gameplay mechanic...

How exactly do you hold up a shadow? The tutorial was not clear enough to me.

You can initiate a hold-up by knocking down all the Shadows you're facing. You can knock them down either by hitting their weakness or getting a critical hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom