• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Persona 5 |OT2| Larceny Is Over
Persona 5 |OT2| In Shibuya Japan, Cat Owns You
Persona 5 |OT2| Back For More Rehabilitation, Inmate?
Persona 5 |OT2| There Was A Heart Here, It's Gone Now
Persona 5 |OT2| No Allowance For You

cj_iwakura

Take a step to the left of the prison door to talk to the wardens instead of Igor.

You could always combine those two titles.

Persona 5 |OT2| "Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!"

Nier%20clapping%20gif_zpsv3yuyw5v.gif

Thats talking to igor. To talk to them you have to look a bit to the left (back out of the menus and when Caroline asks if you are done there say no and you can move around in your cell)

Oh dude, i feel like an idiot. Thanks

Take a step to the left of the prison door to talk to the wardens instead of Igor.

Thanks

LotusHD

Banned

I am deceased

I forgot that these were the string of days that was supposed to make me definitively hate Ryuji.

Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be, though things did get ugly. Ryuji wasn't much dumber than he usually was, it's just Mona happened to be particularly sensitive in recent days. And it's somewhat hard to pin it all on Ryuji when Mona is consistently nasty to him as well.

---

This is it guys. This is the one we have to pick.

ChrisD

omg never mind, just saw this, I love it

with a confusing dialogue choice somewhere near the header for maximum effect

DNAbro

I'm pretty sure this is the one. Now someone just make it.

Krogan

9/10
uhhh did I just accidentally start a romance? I ditched Ryuji on the last day of the school trip and hung out with Hifumi, and it was pretty romantic. She even gave me a thing. Also, do we know yet how it's determined which girl contacts you?

The game will tell you to chose your words carefully
(with in the rank 9 confidant)
before you have the option to start a romance.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like the go to bed one.

I didn't think it up, by the way, someone pages and pages and pages ago did, well before OT2 was ever on the horizon. I thought it was genius, so I remembered it and brought it to light at the proper time.

I like the go to bed one.

I didn't think it up, by the way, someone pages and pages and pages ago did, well before OT2 was ever on the horizon. I thought it was genius, so I remembered it and brought it to light at the proper time.

*pushes up glasses* Looks like my master plan is complete.

I wanted to let that loop forever, just Futaba trying to steal lobsters.

It me.

You know, I am really enjoying how varied the encounters are now. I mentioned before that it's incredibly difficult to have all elemental skills in a party, but the enemy composition has gone further than just hitting weaknesses: the party, at times, needs to actively make their own weaknesses through technicals, or clever attack strategies (e.g. Lucky Punch) to actually get an advantage against these stronger foes. It's a huge change-up from P3P and P4G, which were rather straightforward for the most part.

The party member composition also seems much better this time around, more varied and useful. I've found myself switching out party members more than ever before, for instance. (Partly because of the XP thing.) Their skills are broad enough to be useful in most situations, rather than just like "the wind healer," or "the fire healer," or whatever that previous games had.

I really can't say enough good things about the encounter design. Varied, challenging, and fun. And this is on Normal--as much as I want to, I'm not prepared to play on Hard.

It's funny, because I've basically been playing this as if it were Persona 3/4, and haven't bothered with status ailments at all. Any enemies without weaknesses, I've either been using physical crits (thank goodness for Miracle Punch) or brute-forcing them. I've been fine this whole time, but I also feel like I've missed an entire dimension of the combat.

Summon Personas from your compendium (in the Velvet Room, where you reigster them) to fuse these advanced Personas. Pricy, but effective.

There's a website out there that can give you the exact formulas for every(?) Persona if you're lacking some. Don't have the link, unfortunately.

Honestly, you don't even need that. All you really need is the fusion arcana chart, and then it's basically a matter of figuring out how to transfer traits onto the right fusion material. As for fusing those high-level persona, it's absolutely doable in the first playthrough (I already have Trumpeter and Yoshitsune isn't far off), all you need is to max one of the confidants and then a lot of cash.

Why does she even want the lobsters?
What's she gonna do with a couple of live lobsters?

What's YUSUKE gonna do with a couple of live lobsters?

I guess, but for three games, they're basically using the same formula. Maybe keep the social links and ditch the time limits. (Both in terms of the game flow and the deadlines for each dungeon.)

It's funny how this discussion basically mirrors the discussion around time management in the Atelier franchise.

Persona 5 |OT2| Then unfortunately I cannot allow you to partake in this thread

If "Persona 5 |OT2| Bona fide Monafied" is not the eventual winner, then I guess this is my second choice.

By the way, why DOES Gaf do subsequent OTs? Technical reason? Better way to track length? Just nice to reset?

I think past 20k posts in a thread, the databases start to complain.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The game will tell you to chose your words carefully
(with in the rank 9 confidant)
before you have the option to start a romance.

So do characters reference if you are dating or not? Im with Ann and nobody seems to know, hell
Makoto was all grabby when she got scared in Sojiro's house and im thinking "dude my girlfriend is right there!"

What's YUSUKE gonna do with a couple of live lobsters?

Those 2 lobsters will feed Yusuke for three and half weeks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They'd feed Futaba just as well! The only reason it makes a difference is because Yusuke's nutty enough to actually eat the lobsters in their current condition!

Futaba has
her dad to pay for her food
. Yusuke is dumpster diving for dinner.

Krogan

Anyone know if there is a meme image out there about during the interrogation when asked to explain everything and the Protag lists all the nonsense shit you really do?

Ulong

Is there another proper final dungeon after
Shido
, kind of like how persona 4 has all that nonsense for the true ending after what you'd think would be the final dungeon? Or instead of a proper dungeon is it just the final stretch of mementos?

11/21 Spoilers:

"Hrm yes, we sure are evil. Let's go over how evil we are, in chronological order, explicitly saying things to each other that we already know because we did them all."
"Yes, that's a good plan, let's do that for like 10 minutes."

Jintor

11/21 Spoilers:

"Hrm yes, we sure are evil. Let's go over how evil we are, in chronological order, explicitly saying things to each other that we already know because we did them all."

hey man

sometimes you just gotta re-evaluate what you're doing, and the best way to do that is to explain it out

Saya

Just started the game and parts of the screen are cut off on all sides... Turns out it is an overscan issue and the model of my tv doesn't allow it to turn it off I think. It's a little bit annoying to play it this way. What are the chances that Atlus will patch it out? I believe FFXV and H:ZD also had these issues but those were patched out?

11/21 Spoilers:

Similarly, one month later suffers from a severe case of
"we're the good guys and we're going to expound on the subject of how awful you villains are for ten minutes solid."

FluxWaveZ

11/21 Spoilers:

If this is what I think it is, it was a pretty laughable exposition scene. The worst in the game, for sure. Then again,
maybe bad guys just like feeling themselves like that.

Rhaknar

So what are the requirements for the true ending anyway? Im sure I wont get it but I'd like to know.

Lusankya

11/21 Spoilers:

Thought the same. I mean it's good to get the info, but why in such a stereotype way?

Is there another proper final dungeon after
Shido
, kind of like how persona 4 has all that nonsense for the true ending after what you'd think would be the final dungeon? Or instead of a proper dungeon is it just the final stretch of mementos?

There's the last stretch of mementos that is considered as a dungeon due to the length of it. But there's also another final 'dungeon' after that, but it's pretty sort and straightforward I wouldn't call it a dungeon.

So what are the requirements for the true ending anyway? Im sure I wont get it but I'd like to know.

After reading it online today, it seems I got the true ending. It's not super secret or hard or anything like that.
You'll only need to not to sell out your friends to Sae, and don't accept the offer from the final enemy later in December.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
11/21 Spoilers:

This scene definitely had
a "Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom headquarters..." vibe to it

FluxWaveZ

Why would you be sure you wouldn't get it? The game practically guides you towards it, and you pretty much have to go out of your way to get a bad ending. This isn't like Persona 4.

Ultimadrago

11/21 Spoilers:

It was only missing them laughing maniacally with each other at the end.

Rhaknar

Why would you be sure you wouldn't get it? The game practically guides you towards it, and you pretty much have to go out of your way to get a bad ending. This isn't like Persona 4.

Well im assuming its a max confidant with everyone or max all stats or something which I won't get :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom