• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
uhh..so i just started about an hour and a half ago, j got out of the tutorial esque part and i kinda see where certain things are going....

yeah...people were saying this Persona was more 'heavy' than the previous games were not lying...is this really okay?

I REALLY can't go back and imagine this happening in P3 or P4

Sayers

What difference do the dialogue choices make during the social links? Sometimes they get musical notes over their heads. Does that actually affect the relationship or their strength in battle?

Inuhanyou

What difference do the dialogue choices make during the social links? Sometimes they get musical notes over their heads. Does that actually affect the relationship or their strength in battle?

If its like previous games, you got the optimal choice for relationship growth. Sometimes if you get the wrong answer the relationship develops slower or regresses

Mediking

uhh..so i just started about an hour and a half ago, j got out of the tutorial esque part and i kinda see where certain things are going....

yeah...people were saying this Persona was more 'heavy' than the previous games were not lying...is this really okay?

I REALLY can't go back and imagine this happening in P3 or P4

Embrace it, my friend.

What was the last thing you just experienced?

How can one hate a game with Becky in it

This.

The fuck at some of these posts in here?

"Someone argued about liking a girl in a video game on an online forum so I burnt down my local Gamestop so no one could morally play these anime Satan games"

I honestly don't understand some people sometimes.

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member

its how much they like that response. 1 music note = 1 point. you wanna choose response that nets you 3 points if possible so they rank up faster.

if you dont choose the correct answer, you'll have to do more event where nothing actually happens before the rank up events which is obviously suboptimal

I hate that they did another listen to all of the navigator lines trophy

I got lucky getting that one in my first playthrough in Persona 4, I seriously doubt I'll get it in Persona 5

cj_iwakura

As much as I love P5 so far, I really think the formula has to end here. They've refined it as much as possible. The future of Persona should go back to being P2. There can be be-all/end-all destinations that move the story forward, but apart from that, you should have free reign to spend your time however you want.

The 'you have one year' thing made sense in P3. It's been forced ever since.

Is there any penalty to waiting until the last day to complete a
palace
? I'm having fun just seeing what all is available and I have five days left to complete the first one. Do I need to complete it ASAP?

Mediking

As much as I love P5 so far, I really think the formula has to end here. They've refined it as much as possible. The future of Persona should go back to being P2. There can be be-all/end-all destinations that move the story forward, but apart from that, you should have free reign to spend your time however you want.

Hm? What exactly do you mean? Do you mean like... you want a Persona game spanning over multiple of years?

Or are you referring to Morgana stopping you from doing stuff? I know its annoying but it's a necessary gameplay mechanic.

Frimaire

palace
? I'm having fun just seeing what all is available and I have five days left to complete the first one. Do I need to complete it ASAP?

Uh, just a warning if you aren't already at this point, it takes several days to actually finish a palace. You need to get to the end, then leave, then give a calling card the next day, then go in and finish the palace the day after that.
Otherwise there's no problem waiting, though I think it's a bit easier to just finish the palace as soon as possible and then enjoy all the free time you have after it...

I don't remember. I don't think I saw it last time I went to the store, so I assumed I bought it, but when I interact with the TV in the attic, it doesn't give me a choice.

Jiraiza

Nah, the formula isn't even remotely close to being perfected. For one, social links are still something they can improve on tremendously.

Inuhanyou

Embrace it, my friend.

What was the last thing you just experienced?

Well

i saw just got to school after going through the castle, but i saw the douche gym teacher looking guy give blondie "a ride to school" and i'm guessing he's pretty rapey considering how his shadow form looks...yeah i can't imagine any of the P3 gang or Chie or Yukiko having to go through something like that, the tone would be completely different

Mediking

palace

Ummmmmmmm....

The 1st Palace takes years. Lol

Hurry up and drag your butt to that Palace and force yourself to the next step.

And I know, I know.... you wanna experience the fun unique stuff about P5 instead of battling but hey! Battling is fun too!

cj_iwakura

Nah, the formula isn't even remotely close to being perfected. For one, social links are still something they can improve on tremendously.

I guess, but for three games, they're basically using the same formula. Maybe keep the social links and ditch the time limits. (Both in terms of the game flow and the deadlines for each dungeon.)

Hm? What exactly do you mean? Do you mean like... you want a Persona game spanning over multiple of years?

Or are you referring to Morgana stopping you from doing stuff? I know its annoying but it's a necessary gameplay mechanic.

A little of both.

It doesn't have to be more than a year, but it shouldn't feel 'limited' to those confines, or even stretched out to meet them.

Mediking

Well

i saw just got to school after going through the castle, but i saw the douche gym teacher looking guy give blondie "a ride to school" and i'm guessing he's pretty rapey considering how his shadow form looks...yeah i can't imagine any of the P3 gang or Chie or Yukiko having to go through something like that, the tone would be completely different

Heh......

Man, make sure you post your full reaction or shout me out when you get the whole picture about him.....

RDreamer

I think there's a lot they can do to perfect this formula.

They could also put this sort of formula in other settings other than high school, though I suppose we all know that isn't going to actually happen.

Alucrid

Banned
Well

it did feel like morooka was projecting pretty hard though

Ummmmmmmm....

The 1st Palace takes years. Lol

Hurry up and drag your butt to that Palace and force yourself to the next step.

And I know, I know.... you wanna experience the fun unique stuff about P5 instead of battling but hey! Battling is fun too!
I hope I didn't screw myself. I'm
in the safe room at the top of the tower
. I think that's near the end? What happens if I run out of time??

cj_iwakura

I think there's a lot they can do to perfect this formula.

They could also put this sort of formula in other settings other than high school, though I suppose we all know that isn't going to actually happen.

I think it's so tightly associated with the series that they're afraid to shy away from it, despite how successful P1 was and remained when it got ported.

Adult life would be fascinating, but it won't happen, partly because it'd be pretty damn boring. (If in Japan, anyway.)

DNAbro

mmm I disagree. TMS:#FE felt like it was a Persona lite without the calendar system and I think that proved to me that it doesn't work as well without it. While still good, the gameplay loop of deciding what to do each day with limited time is extremely compelling.

Xeteh

Don't know how much of it is in the rest of the game yet, but I really like the scenes of your Confidants interacting with each other.

Do you mean when you go hang out with them at some location and another happens to walk by? It doesn't seem to happen a ton and it usually happens when they suggest you go hang out at a new place but yeah, they're pretty cool.

Mediking

I guess, but for three games, they're basically using the same formula. Maybe keep the social links and ditch the time limits. (Both in terms of the game flow and the deadlines for each dungeon.)

A little of both.

It doesn't have to be more than a year, but it shouldn't feel 'limited' to those confines, or even stretched out to meet them.

I see..... I kinda agree with you but I think they do that because it gives them structure and foundation to build upon.

Palace 5 is insanely long. O_O

Haven't got there.... is it really long than the infamous super long Palace 1? Lol that palace takes SO long.

Man, I don't spend any time with Sojiro. Like he's been at rank 4 for about 30 hours now. Does he offer anything good at rank 10? I haven't looked up any rank 10 perks for any confidant.

Zyrox

Emperor Rank 10:
So Yusuke and Yosuke end up having the same Persona, basically? Huh, that's weird. I like Yusuke's version better though. Also like it better than Goemon so that worked out nicely

Mediking

I hope I didn't screw myself. I'm
in the safe room at the top of the tower
. I think that's near the end? What happens if I run out of time??

!!!!

YOU'RE... YOU'RE...

SO.......

FREAKING.....

Don't worry. Lol you're fine.

Man, I don't spend any time with Sojiro. Like he's been at rank 4 for about 30 hours now. Does he offer anything good at rank 10? I haven't looked up any rank 10 perks for any confidant.

Hahahaha! I like Sojiro. It's like he's rooting for you without getting in the way. He's awesome.

cj_iwakura

mmm I disagree. TMS:#FE felt like it was a Persona lite without the calendar system and I think that proved to me that it doesn't work as well without it. While still good, the gameplay loop of deciding what to do each day with limited time is extremely compelling.

I guess, but with P5(and Morgana, damn that cat to the hades), it's been especially irritating so far. You're kept on a damn short leash.

I think I'm going to lose it, where the hell

are those damn keys for the scythes.
Literally can't find any gold armor shadows anywhere. Been looking for the past 1 hour now.

A little of both.

I disagree that they refined the formula. There's a couple more games within this 'school sim dungeon crawl' genre Persona has carved out. Improvements can be made and there are stories to tell from different perspectives and settings with tis formula that I'd be happy to play.

I plan to make a thread in a couple weeks after I and many more have finished detailing improvements or spins that could happen to Persona. I also want the seperate SMT genre to stay far away from Persona. Can't wait to see the Switch one.

persona 6 with a college setting please

will never happen lol

It'll happen, and the twist will be that it takes place in the afterlife.

Get it, because life is over after high school.

Emperor Rank 10:
So Yusuke and Yosuke end up having the same Persona, basically? Huh, that's weird. I like Yusuke's version better though. Also like it better than Goemon so that worked out nicely

Mark from P1 had him too, so this makes Susano-o's third appearance as a main character's ultimate Persona.

Mediking

Baal is so beautiful.

There's no way I'm gonna ignore that adorable Zero avatar from Drakengard 3.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom