• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

I wanted to let that loop forever, just Futaba trying to steal lobsters.

MzJgp7e.gif

Please don't take the poor man's lobsters!

LiK

Final dungeon help please

Stuck in Mementos Depths with 3 control panels/floor puzzles. I can't find a guide that tells me what to do.
Samurai Gamers has a solution but doesn't tell me the step to allow it. Argh.

Edit: mm, solved it lol

Zackat

this 4th palace boss keeps killing my MC in one turn :/ like 3 times now. I have no idea what I can do to avoid that. It seems like some real bullshit.

ShadyK54

5/18:

"Welcome to our new hideout!" Morgana says as people walk past on the walkway.

Yeah some hideout.

Lol. At least no one will be able to understand him.

I'm in July so spoilers:
Unless Akechi just happened to walk by because I'm assuming he's the one also running around in the palaces. :p

FHIZ

I'm in July so spoilers:
Unless Akechi just happened to walk by because I'm assuming he's the one also running around in the palaces. :p

I'm suspicious as fuuuuuuuck of him. I feel like the first time he approaches you in the TV studio, Morgana was the only one who said something about pancakes and he came up talking about pancakes.

ShadyK54

I'm suspicious as fuuuuuuuck of him. I feel like the first time he approaches you in the TV studio, Morgana was the only one who said something about pancakes and he came up talking about pancakes.

Yup yup yup. I posted this before, but I'm getting big Adachi vibes.'Detective who befriends you turns out to be behind it all,' almost. Going to be wary when the Link starts up lol.

Krogan

The 5th palace was such a pain in the ass for me, so much shit has resist or repel physical that its such a drain on my SP.

no, the
scream and swipe combo

I just defended through the attack you are talking about

edit: this forum is so fucked up today lol. everyones posts all out of order

Like poster above said, Persona resisting physical is your best bet. Also, check your items for a physical attack reflecting wall. This especially works well for the diving attack.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been slacking hard on Yusuke SL, I think im only rank 2
(ive only seen one of his paintings)
... im sorry I have failed you ;_;

Zolo

7/24 spoilers talking to Akechi:
Chose "Ryujis a Phantom Thief" immediately. Keep your fat mouth shut, dick!

Still laughing.

I figured it's fine.
Just make Ryuji out to be like that delusional dude in the hallway at Shujin.

DJwest

FUUUUUUUUU. I think I messed up the romance dialogue with Takemi (just like I would in real life, FFS). My confidant level is at 9 and it seems like I put myself in the friendzone.

Vanadium

Yep. There were literally fights I had to run because of physical immune enemies putting up magic walls haha.

The enemies have frustrating immunity loops if you had low SP, but it wasn't the difficulty spike we all remember as
Shadow Mitsuo
. That fight was like filming a Stanley Kubrick movie for me. Take after take after take with no end in sight.

Ourobolus

Banned
Palace 7 Boss Down (Hard)

honestly the hardest part of the fight was the first form of the first phase - the lion. No weaknesses, constant Dekaja/Dekunda. Tetrakarn helped me a bunch, but -dyne spells were doing like 80-100 damage a pop.

Thankfully after that it went a lot easier. Tetrakarn+Limelight is still a beast of a combo. Every now and again I would manage to keep up the buffs and debuffs so my spells and attack skills were doing 200+ damage, but making Shido punch himself every few turns for 400+ damage is worth it.

Jiraiza

Hierophant, Rank 5:

Sojiro's easily becoming one of the best characters in the game. I really like his relationship with Futaba, too. Good stuff and very touching. A shame he couldn't woo her mom, though.

4/18:

So I enjoyed my first hours with the game, but here comes the problem I had with P3: What should I do with my free time?

All these possiblities confuses me and there dosn't seem to be a way to know, what events you lose or what social links you may screw up?, what aptitudes you should focus on? which one you get more free points? what social links gives the best skills? do I have time for all? which requeriments may ask of you that will cockblock me trying to lvl up one of those? etc... etc...

I had all those problems with P3P and basically made me stop playing the game.

I know is my OCD talking here, but I hate not having time to explore all the possibilities of a game, and no I don't usually want to repeat playing 100+ hours JRPG.

I guess I'll just follow a guide or something.

/rant

Other than that, yeah the game is good.

DNAbro

Finished the game around 82 hours.

This is definitely the best game on the PS4. I need to let it rest a bit to see how I feel about it compared to Persona 4 Golden which is like my number 3 favorite game of all time. Mechanically though it completely shits on it.

I'll start new game plus after exams are over.

I know is my OCD talking here, but I hate not having time to explore all the possibilities of a game, and no I don't usually want to repeat playing 100+ hours JRPG.

I think it was mentioned that you can't access all content in one playthrough anyway. Best to just enjoy your time. Persona games are more fun when you don't follow guides to a tee imho.

FHIZ

MAAAAN, if I didn't care about advancing social links, I would totally pick most of these "Main character don't give a fuuuuuuck" responses.

Makoto link spoilers:
"She thought I was a robot." Response: "Beep boop"

4/18:

So I enjoyed my first hours with the game, but here comes the problem I had with P3: What should I do with my free time?

All these possiblities confuses me and there dosn't seem to be a way to know, what events you lose or what social links you may screw up?, what aptitudes you should focus on? which one you get more free points? what social links gives the best skills? do I have time for all? which requeriments may ask of you that will cockblock me trying to lvl up one of those? etc... etc...

I had all those problems with P3P and basically made me stop playing the game.

I guess I'll just follow a guide or something.

/rant

Other than that, yeah the game is good.

While I think some of the charm of first playthroughs is just doing whatever I want, I agree sometimes choice paralysis gets to be a bit much. I'm planning on passing my clear file to my boyfriend and letting him 100% it (he's the perfectionist between us), because I probably won't play again for years if ever. But yeah especially when the game first opens up and lets you do as you please in the evenings and night it can get crazy.

I think it was mentioned that you can't access all content in one playthrough anyway. Best to just enjoy your time. Persona games are more fun when you don't follow guides to a tee imho.

That's the kind of thing that triggers my OCD like nothing else. Well, I'll try to play without thinking too much about it.

Question about treasure for dungeon 7

So I had like 17 days left before the election and wanted to take the treasure early so I could do all the social stuff while I wait out the deadline. However, a bunch of shit happened in the cutscenes that makes it seem that as soon as I beat Shido there's gonna be a timeskip. Am I good or should I reload and hold off until the last day?

Jiraiza

Death, Rank 10:

Nice end, with Takemi being able to save that girl and all. Was caught off-guard that she figured out what MC and company were doing though. It'd be nice if this ties in to the main story, but I doubt it. A pleasant surprise, if it does.

Asking again for a new page. Is there a NG+ and if so, what carries over?

Yes.

Carries over:

Social Stats
Persona Compendium
Equipment (unsure if everything or just what was equipped at the end of the game)
Skill Cards
Money
And I think items that unlock certain Persona fusions

You won't keep consumables or confidant progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom