• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 is being removed from the PS Plus Collection (VGC)

kingfey

Banned

Persona 5 will leave the PS Plus Collection on May 11, 2022, Sony has confirmed.

In a new blog post confirming April’s PlayStation Plus games, the platform holder confirmed that the JRPG will be removed from the PS Plus Collection soon.

Players who add the game to their library before the removal will still be able to play the game for the duration of their PS Plus subscription.

The PS Plus Collection features a series of PS4 titles including many Sony first-party games, however, the service also offers third-party titles such as Fallout 4, Final Fantasy XV and Monster Hunter World.

kingfey

Banned
Isn't the entire PS+ collection on the chopping block, seeing that game offerings are moving to the PSExtra and PSPremium tiers?
Others games haven't been removed so far.
Persona 5 being removed is weird.
Unless the other games, also got the plug pulled out.

Varteras

Gold Member
My guess on this is Sony is preparing to have Persona 5, or perhaps Persona 5 Royal, on PS + Extras starting in June. Would make sense to add value to the service. It leaving in May right before the PS + changes take place is kind of suspect.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Speaking about Persona... Weren't there going to be some big announcements because of the anniversary? What happened?

Nautilus

Banned
Probably Sony doesn't want to keep paying Atlus, or Atlus feels like they don't want to keep giving the game "for free".

Who knows.

iHaunter

Probably wanted more money for licensing rights. Not worth it at this stage. If you're going to play it, you would've played it already. By "You" I mean the general public.

That's really weird since the rest of the PS+ collection will still be intact and on the Essential tier. It would make sense to pull it for P5R.

Nautilus

Banned
Speaking about Persona... Weren't there going to be some big announcements because of the anniversary? What happened?
It is happening. But the announcements are being sprinkled from November of last year(first announcement was merch) up until september(Which will contain the last announcement).

The best announcement so far has been the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It is happening. But the announcements are being sprinkled from November of last year(first announcement was merch) up until september(Which will contain the last announcement).

The best announcement so far has been the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax game.
Oh right! Completely forgot about P4AU, since I'm not too much into fighting games.

I'll wait for September then, and here's hoping for a P6 teaser/trailer, or a remake/remaster of either P3 or the P2 duology. Heard the later has a pretty good story, but lacks on gameplay.

TidusYuna

Revelations_Persona_Title.png

Last Surprise "you'll never see it coming."

Shmunter

The collection cannot be static, games will eventually get too out of date and need to be replaced with more relevant titles. Is anything taking it’s place?

Last edited:
I really don’t understand the point of the PS+ Collection from a monetary point of view.

But whatever I don’t have to keep The Last Guardian disc around anymore.

ReBurn

Gold Member
The games in the PS Plus collection are pretty long in the tooth anyway. It made sense when PS5 launched with only a couple of decent games to play. I find it hard to believe anyone even cares about it now.

Shmunter

I really don’t understand the point of the PS+ Collection from a monetary point of view.

But whatever I don’t have to keep The Last Guardian disc around anymore.
Basically a value proposition for ps5 owners. It does seem overly generous, but then it is a gateway into psplus for any stragglers. It’s like a no brainer to pickup.

Top Bottom