• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Remake and new Jet Set Radio game footage appears online

Draugoth

Gold Member
While we cannot verify the footage itself, Gematsu understands that a Persona 3 remake has been in development at ATLUS for several years. Again, the authenticity of the footage itself is unclear, but Gematsu understands that a Persona 3 remake is planned at the very least.
The reel is reportedly from 2021, showcasing in-development footage of the two alleged unannounced titles, as well as the currently available Sonic Frontiers. The “Caterpillar” enemy showcased in the footage has a different move set in the final game, but the footage matches with concept artwork from the Sonic Frontiers Digital Art Book.
The Jet Set Radio footage is in line with alleged artwork of a new Jet Set Radio reportedly leaked through a SEGA survey back in 2022. Back in April 2022, Bloomberg reported that SEGA was developing “big-budget” reboots of its Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi franchises.

Teletraan1

Banned
I still have my copy of FES and emulators so I skipped the P3P re-release since that is an absolutely inferior version of the game with one good addition. A proper remake with both protags would be preferable if they are going the remake route but I would prefer a new game that isn't held back by the PS3 like P5 was.

Nautilus

Banned
Eh, did we really needa P3 Remake? Why not just release P6? I won't be interested in this Remake unless the game is closer to a reimagening rather than a Remake.

Spitfire098

if Microsoft isn't completely fucking stupid they secured an exclusivity deal.

and not because it will be a huge seller, it won't, but it's important IMO to establish a certain vibe for your platform, which Microsoft neglected to do for a whole generation
Hopefully Sony nabbed it like the KOTOR remake!

Go_Ly_Dow

Both P3 and P6 are rumoured to be in dev.

A new main entry for the Persona series is a no brainer this gen, especially considering the ridiculous success of P5.

Last edited:

Rambone

Even then, I would rather a new game and a new IP. Remakes can be fun and everything,but one of P3 just feels so unnecessary for me.
Does Atlus not have multiple studios? I don't see any reason why one can't be working on P3R, P6 and other IPs in tandem.

Go_Ly_Dow

Even then, I would rather a new game and a new IP. Remakes can be fun and everything,but one of P3 just feels so unnecessary for me.
I think there's great potential in a remade P3. Each floor of Tartarus could be properly unique rather than copy/pasta.

Would also be awesome to see the dorm and town in modern tech / P5 style and how they would interpret those areas.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Does Atlus not have multiple studios? I don't see any reason why one can't be working on P3R, P6 and other IPs in tandem.
That's exactly what they're doing, P6 is in development so we're getting both anyway.
And as I said as they lost the source code to the original so it is probably something the Team wants to do anyway.
This is the usual "it's taking away from new IP's" & "it's not needed, new games are better"
When we have just had Capcom disprove that silly notion once again.

Nautilus

Banned
They could, but seein g that it's been more than 6 years since P6, a new Etrian Oddysey is nowhere to be seen, and Atlus being in general really slow to get games out the door, I doubt it.

supernova8

Banned

and not because it will be a huge seller, it won't, but it's important IMO to establish a certain vibe for your platform, which Microsoft neglected to do for a whole generation
Yeah they really had it down for Xbox and 360, I know what you mean about having a certain "vibe", hard to explain but I somehow get it.

The way you can sort of say "that is such an Xbox game". Can't really say it anymore.

Methos#1975

Why would Sega want it locked to the console it would sale least on and alienate their Japanese fans while they are at it?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Oh man, I hope this is true. I've tried playing P3 a few times and its not a bad game, but they definitely learned how to make better games since then. Bringing the new to the old would be fantastic.

. . .also do the same with P1/P2 while you're at it. P1 in particular as it dealt with not-teens and would be a nice change of pace for how. . .bright, the series has gotten.

Killer8

The idea of remaking Persona 3 annoys me. Not just because of remake culture, but because we have the first two (*technically three) Persona games that have barely even been acknowledged in over a decade now. It's as if the series doesn't exist outside of 3 to 5. If anything needs a remake, it's those early titles - not a game which literally just got a port on the current gen consoles. They didn't even port the right version of Persona 3, but that's a rant for another topic...

Gexxy1

Persona 3 has the best story in the series and frankly I thought it was one of the best video game stories of all time. That gameplay needs some massive refinements/updating though, so I'm very glad to hear it's getting a remake.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I am kind of dubious this was from P3 Remake vs gatcha game as someone posted above. If it is though, I am in.

That said, personally I would rather see P2 Duology remake or P6.

P2 has best story out of the series, IMO. And it's time for a new game as well.

P3 is a lot more recent and we have had the port come to all platforms just now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
P3 is a lot more recent and we have had the port come to all platforms just now.
P3P is basically a Visual Novel version of the game with battles.
It not the same as P3 or P3F.
there's only one way to play P3 properly at the moment and thats the original PS2 release.
P2 would literally be a new game really.
Be nice to see both

Last edited:

StereoVsn

P3P is basically a Visual Novel version of the game with battles.
It not the same as P3 or P3F.
there's only one way to play P3 properly at the moment and thats the original PS2 release.
P2 would literally be a new game really.
Be nice to see both
I know, I have had all versions of P3 and all the physicals, lol. Thing is I kind of prefer P3P due to QoL changes and FMC. I think her social links are better in general vs MC (we don't talk about Ken).

Would I want P3 FES on PS5 engine with all the QoL, FMC route and redone FMVs? Sure! But what we got is still better vs what P2 offers.

You can even emulate FES with cheats and implement some of the QoL features and HD textures.

Woopah

They have three production groups, but these can be working on multiple titles. It is likely that Creative Production Group 2 is working on P3R and P6 at the same time.

P3R could be a project they are doing to get some practice at multiplatform development.
P3 is for everything or Switch exclusive?
Probably everything, I can't imagine it being something that Nintendo would pay money for (unlike, say, a mainline SMT or mainline Persona).

A Persona 3 remake would be dope, I haven't gotten around to the 3rd one yet (or even the 4th one) so would be nice if there could be some QOL improvements and other general improvements to make it better before I start

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'd be interested to see how JSR might work in 2023, I haven't played either of the existing games in years, but with some next gen polish it could be great, I think.

With Hifi Rush bringing cell shading back, the time could be right!

Lasha

The idea of remaking Persona 3 annoys me. Not just because of remake culture, but because we have the first two (*technically three) Persona games that have barely even been acknowledged in over a decade now. It's as if the series doesn't exist outside of 3 to 5. If anything needs a remake, it's those early titles - not a game which literally just got a port on the current gen consoles. They didn't even port the right version of Persona 3, but that's a rant for another topic...

I would love remakes of the originals. Let's be real though. 3 onward adopted the formula that fully combined slice of life with dungeon crawling which brought the series into the mainstream. The tone of the earlier games was closer to SMT than the high school anime style. A remake would probably butcher what makes the first games special.

EDMIX

Cool but I want Persona 6. Enough with remakes. Make something new/original for fuck sake.

? Why couldn't they do both?

What does wanting Persona 6 have to do with a remake of Persona 3?

Soooooo 99.9% sure this is by a completely different team, they already make new games...they are just making a remake too.

As in, also, as well, on top of, in addition to. I really don't know how many fucking times this needs to happen for some of you to understand that majority of remakes, are not by the original teams lol We literally saw Yakuza 1 and 2 remade and still got Yakuza 6 and Like A Dragon and Judgement 1 and 2 and Fist Of The North Star....

Didn't see that fucking stopping new games bud.

Its a dead myth with very little behind it other then lazy assumptions

adamsapple adamsapple Agreed 100%. I don't even know why many thought a Remake wouldn't happen cause a port came out. Fuck does that have to do with a remake? lol That wouldn't even be the first time that ever happened and I still don't get why many felt a remake would never happen based on ports lol

GTA III, VC and SA was ported to PS4 and still remade on PS4 after lol Capcom ported RE4 to the PS4 and has a remake of it on PS4 lol So this isn't some impossible, unlikely type of thing or something. I felt they would remake 1-4 to catch people up and modernize the IP like we saw with Yakuza series. So this isn't too surprising tbh.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Figures.....after i just finished the Persona 3 Portable release.

Atlus did the same bullshit with Catherine, so it oddly fits their MO

They first released the port on PC called Catherine Classic, to then release a "Golden" / "Royal" like remaster with new content on PS4 and Switch

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What game is Danji?

🤔
It was teaser for new Fantasy RPG by Hashino (creators of Persona 3,4,5 and Catherine) after he left Persona Team and created Studio Zero……That was loooooong time ago.

ReFantasy2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom