• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peppa Pig Game Has Higher User Score Than Battlefield, CoD, and GTA Trilogy Combined

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Comparing the Metacritic user scores for the PS4 versions of My Friend Peppa Pig to Battlefield 2042, Call of Duty: Vanguard, and Grand Theft Auto Trilogy, it seems that My Friend Peppa Pig not only has higher scores than all of them, but it has higher scores than all of them combined. My Friend Peppa Pig has an 8.4 user rating at the time of this writing, Battlefield 2042 is saddled with a low 2.1, while Call of Duty: Vanguard has a slightly higher 4.6. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition has the lowest score of them all, with an appalling 0.7 rating. Added together, the score for Battlefield 2042, Call of Duty: Vanguard, and GTA Trilogy is 7.4, a full point less than My Friend Peppa Pig.

Now, there are some things to keep in mind with this. While some may find it amusing that massive blockbuster games are losing out to My Friend Peppa Pig, it doesn't mean that the user review scores are necessarily serious. In fact, looking at the My Friend Peppa Pig user reviews, it seems pretty clear that many people rating it so high did so as a joke.

There's also likely a lot of user reviews for the other three games that were written by people who didn't play them, but want to get in on lowering their scores. That's not to say that there isn't legitimate criticism for Battlefield 2042, Call of Duty: Vanguard, or Grand Theft Auto Trilogy. On the contrary, Grand Theft Auto Trilogy is in such a bad state that Rockstar Games had to apologize for it, while Battlefield 2042 has been flooded with negative user reviews across multiple platforms. But it's still likely that the games received 0/10 ratings from people who didn't actually play them, as that's just the nature of user scores.

peppa-pig-metacritic-comparison.jpg

peppa pig GIF

Am I alone in thinking, for a children's game, Peppa Pig actually looks pretty cool? It is basically a playable version of the cartoon show - something I could only dream of having as a kid.

It reminds me of the South Park games in that way (judging from trailers, as I haven't actually played Peppa Pig).

Last edited:

TrueLegend

I warned people against battlefield. Anybody who brought it and is refunding might as well play Peppa Pig for change of pace.:)

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I was so ready to make a Year of the Pig joke, but the game’s a couple years late (or is it 10 years in advance?).

Caring about those scores is a waste of time.

Kev Kev

ive played games i loved that had shit reviews

ive played games i hated that had amazing reviews

fuck reviews. play the game for yourself, judge it for yourself.

WitchHunter

Did you enjoy any of the games? Played them maybe? Or it's the battle of floating point numbers that matters?

We need some big, all encompassing war, so people could finally realize wtf is worth in their fucked up, ridiculous life.

Of course the armchair monkeys will be first in line, chained together, used as a battering ram.

xiseerht

Well...my nieces have Peppa Pig game and I played it with them for a little bit. It oddly is a pretty good game and it captures the show pretty well.

Last edited:

Nakasan

Horses for courses. What the game sets out to do it actually does really very well. Wish the voices were the proper ones but aside from that - my kiddo has played this relentlessly since it came out. Score checks out.

Kerotan

And yet peppa pig is a load of shite.

Loving my 4 day vanguard trial. Loved my 10 hour battlefield trial and loved what I seen when my friend share played gta 3 for a few hours.

And if we go back to a previous review bomb I loved TLOU2 also.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I'll say it again

aint nobody got time for that GIF
i mean, yeah reviews can be helpful. im not as against them as im making it seem. but people use them to say "see its got a good review so that means its good" and at the end of the day, all that matters is what you think about it.

so sure if youre not sure about a game/movie/show, and you see it gets bad reviews, then its probably best to skip it, that way dont waste your time and money. of course, that makes sense.

and netflix's cowboy bebop was in fact pretty bad so fair enough lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom