• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who played at least 4/6 GOTY nominees...Which way you leaning?

I know alot of people vote on what they played, but people who played a Majority of the nominated games which way would you vote and who you think will win. I've played Deathloop, It Takes Two, RE8 and Psyconauts 2 to completion. Based on what I played I'd vote for Deathloop but I'm putting my money on Psychonauts 2 winning. it seems to be the game with the most impact of the games nominated from a narrative POV.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I played re8, psychonauts 2, it takes two, and deathloop.

Of those 4 I guess I liked it takes two the best, but overall it’s been a pretty weak year. Sadly, FH5 deserves it and won’t get it next year because it will beong forgotten by then.

Hitman 3 deseved some love.

TrueLegend

Everybody is crying About Returnal. But it takes two is better than most of them and then there is Tales of Arise which is better than that. So I am like WTF. And despite my Profile pic, this is probably my second third, or fourth time talking about an RPG in my close to 600 posts. Like bro is this RPG AmnesiaI or Something. Even Scarlett Nexus is better than nearly half of them. Not just because of RPG they are just better game on nearly all metric.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

tommib

I played re8, psychonauts 2, it takes two, and deathloop.

Of those 4 I guess I liked it takes two the best, but overall it’s been a pretty weak year. Sadly, FH5 deserves it and won’t get it next year because it will beong forgotten by then.

Hitman 3 deseved some love.
It was nominated this year already for best sports game or whatever. It just didn’t make the GOTY list which is a travesty.

Reallink

RE8s gameplay was objectively terrible and carried entirely by interesting characters/environments. Would have been an infinitely better game as a VR walking simulator like 7. Has no business being on that list. The 20 year old RE4 Quest port shits all over RE8s dumpster fire RE6 derived combat and encounter design.

Last edited:
I've played:
  • The Ascent
  • Returnal
  • Metroid Dread
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • MS Flight Simulator
  • Halo Infinite MP Beta
I haven't played:
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Deathloop
  • Psychonauts 2
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • It Takes Two
  • Resident Evil 4 VR
And the winners are:
  1. Metroid Dread
  2. The Ascent
  3. Forza Horizon 5
Going to have to play a few more on my list to be sure; particularly Psychonauts 2. I beat part 1 a few months ago for the first time and absolutely loved it.

Last edited:

RCU005

It's super obvious that Deathloop is going to win GOTY, it's not the most nominated for nothing. These kind of awards make it very easy to tell.

IMO, I wish Metroid won, but it's practically impossible. At least I'm happy it got a nomination.

I played Deathloop, It Takes Two (well ive been playing since launch & not done yet bc I can only play with my gf) Ratchet and watched a close friend play RE 8.

Honestly I think Deathloop has a damn good chance. If Returnal wasn’t this year it’d be my game of the year. RE 8 was cool but nothing spectacular although the story was wacky fun.

It Takes Two has so many dif gameplay things innit but I feel like it just drags a bit.

I'd say R&C or It Takes Two, with Metroid coming in 3rd. Depends how much the judges love the whole It Takes Two subject matter and various gameplay elements.

Topher

Gold Member
I've only played Psychonauts 2. Great game. My runner-up for GOTY behind Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

This question has been asked a thousand different ways. My list from games I've beaten (except FH5 which I'm still playing) is

1. Returnal
2. Psychonauts 2
3. Resident Evil VIII
4. Metroid Dread
5. Deathloop
6. Forza Horizon 5
7. Bravely Default 2
8. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
9. Tales of Arise
10. Death's Door

AndrewRyan

Returnal is my favorite this year.

Of the three nominees I've played; Dread, R&C, & Psychonauts 2, I'd have to give Metroid Dread the edge over Ratchet & Clank.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I’ve played dread (100%) resi through 4 times, platinumed ratchet, clocked it takes two and psychonauts 2.

my heart wants dread, my head wants it takes two just to make it interesting.

returnal and FH5 should be on the list.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Dread. Still need to do Deathloop and It Takes Two.

I liked all the other 4 and I would still agree it's been a weak year overall - some years have to be weaker for others to be stronger, that's fine. 2022 is fucking stacked, partially with games that were due out this year anyway.

FH5 not being on that list proves how absurd these awards are, though. The most critically acclaimed game of the year wasn't chosen by critics to be even nominated for game of the year. Go figure.

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
I don't know how Deathloop landed on there. It's far from GOTY material. Without Returnal, only R&C and Dread are really worthy of GOTY.

Marty-McFly

Banned
Dread is one of the best games ever not just this gen.

My favorite Metroid, and I love me some Metroid.

kraid.jpg

Last edited:

Ogbert

Poor year. Dread was pretty good.

Got to be honest, if fun is the principle metric, I’m shocked to say Riders Republic is by far the most enjoyable game I’ve played.

Top Bottom