• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who dislike Radiohead are stupid

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Hear hear!

I like Radiohead quite a bit, actually. Some of their stuff is definitely a 'miss' for me - but most of it is great IMO.

Catphish

I listened to Paranoid Android, thought it was the greatest fucking song I ever heard, went and listened to a bunch of their other shit, and soon realized that they didn't make any other songs as good as Paranoid Android. :(

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

I can just feel sorry for you guys that haven't been blessed by being born in one of the balkan countries. Thinking that Radiohead is second coming of Christ LMAO

You don't know what real masterpiece is.

Example (be prepared for nintendocore):

Crude lyrics translation by an unsung hero:

English:

Japanese machine 500 cc
When it's driven by balkan man, real macho man
Japanese machine 500 cc
When it's driven by balkan man, real macho man.

Kawasaki, Kawasaki when speeding on a highway
Every girl wants to drive it for at least one minute
Every girl wants to drive it for at least one minute.

All women love it, little girls even more (lmao)
Because with him, breathing is always; always easier
All women love it, little girls even more
Because with him, breathing is always; always easier.

Every girl loves to; to ride it for a long time because his driving, every girl enjoys it.
Every girl loves to; to ride it for a long time because his driving, every girl enjoys it.

Kawasaki, Kawasaki (Not every guy can do it)
Kawasaki, (It's real cool when it's driving it chad Boro)
Kawasaki, Kawasaki (Not every guy can do it)
Kawasaki, (It's real cool when he's driving it at least one minute).

akR4nr.gif

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Radiohead fans come off as self entitled assholes. I like a few songs but the most of there shit just makes me want to kill myself. Mind numbing noise that gets praised as high art.

akimbo009

Gold Member
All the best music is typically sad or angry imho

What do you enjoy to listen to?

Best music invokes a deep emotional response. People's mileage may vary, and depend on mood and setting. No reason to say best - though I think the intent of the comment is that sitting around listening to radiohead while having a BBQ is a shitty place to reside.

teezzy

Banned
Best music invokes a deep emotional response. People's mileage may vary, and depend on mood and setting. No reason to say best - though I think the intent of the comment is that sitting around listening to radiohead while having a BBQ is a shitty place to reside.

Well yeah there's a time and place sure 😅😅😅

Last edited:
Here’s mine:
In Rainbows
The Bends
Ok Computer
A Moon Shaped Pool
Kid A
Hail To the Thief
King of Limbs
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

The Beatles are the greatest rock band of all time and Radiohead is probably the best band since them. Both bands have a similar musical progression in growth in The Bends, Ok Computer, and Kid A; Rubber Soul, Revolver, and Sgt. Pepper.

darrylgorn

I don't quite know how to explain this but bearing witness to radiohead during the OK COMPUTER era - the album release, the live music, that period in the history of music - it was something magical that can never be replicated.

It wasn't just the music, it was that period in human history where we got to truly enjoy the feast of the liberation that started in the 60s and 70s.

If you're fresh to Radiohead, then start with the Bends and OK COMPUTER including all of the b-side and live content from that point in the discography.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Duh.

Personal faves

Kid A
Ok Computer
In Rainbows
A Moon Shapes Pool
The king of Limbs
Hail to the thief

The Bends
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

Bro I listened to Radiohead since OK Computer came out (thanks mom)

No words to describe how much I've listened to them (39 now)

Btw

And ofcourse

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

I distinctly remember leaving housepartys to sit outside listening to Radiohead (drunk/stoned which elevates your resonation) So when I got diagnosed with autisme 15 years later those moments made far more sense hahaha ffs

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I wouldn’t say they compare to the Beatles but they have enough good songs with flashes of brilliance across the years to be labeled great for sure.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Btw none of these songs should be tried on through your phone. Cliche but w/e

That's true of most music

I also dont recommend listening to this through a phone fwiw

You can tell a lot about a person based upon the audio equipment they keep

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
That's true of most music

I also dont recommend listening to this through a phone fwiw

You can tell a lot about a person based upon the audio equipment they keep

For sure. But that goes for every enthusiast. I'm poor but manage with 60€ Sony headphones. No complaining here btw.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
For sure. But that goes for every enthusiast. I'm poor but manage with 60€ Sony headphones. No complaining here btw.

Sony make my favorite headphones, and Polk make my favorite speakers

Good on you my friend, have a dope weekend 🤙

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sony make my favorite headphones, and Polk make my favorite speakers

Good on you my friend, have a dope weekend 🤙

Likewise man 🦕🦕🦕

And thanks for the tread lol, gave me some.good times busting out favourites and such

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

Radiohead were last seen vanishing up their own collective arseholes sometime after the release of The Bends .. according to eyewitness reports.

Top Bottom