• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who dislike Radiohead are stupid

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I don't like Radiohead. You're stupid.
Wn1N.gif

Seriously, they're like the Beatles of the 90s
As the Beatles #1 fan, to me these be fightin' words, yo. Don't go puttin' the glorious Beatles in the same category as these lowly Redheads you talk about. Semi serious.

Now, being fully serious: I did listen to the album OK Computer on loop for an entire day. True story.

Also jazz pianist Brad Mehldau (who I've seen live multiple times) does a fantastic cover of Radiohead's "Paranoid Android," both on an album version and a *20* minute live version.

Last edited:

Porcile

I find pretty much anything after OK Computer to be totally unenjoyable and impenetrable. I just don't get any pleasure from their more electronic heavy stuff and I just find Thom Yorke's singing and songwriting nauseating, except for the occasional song like Knives Out. However I do really like The Bends and OK Computer.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
we
I find pretty much anything after OK Computer to be totally unenjoyable and impenetrable. I just don't get any pleasure from their more electronic heavy stuff and I just find Thom Yorke's singing and songwriting nauseating, except for the occasional song like Knives Out. However I do really like The Bends and OK Computer.
Yeah I personally don't like the direction they went in, but respect that they just said fuck it and did what they wanted rather than just cashing in.

kunonabi

Every radio head song just blends together and puts me to sleep. Maybe the songs are too intelligent for me but I really don't care at this point.

Kacho

They are undeniably incredible musicians but I get why people wouldn’t enjoy them. If I put on National Anthem with my wife in the car she’d ask me what the hell I was listening to.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The mongrel came home
Holding half a head
Proceeded to show it off
To all his newfound friends
He said "I've been where I liked,"
"I've slept with who I like,"
"She ate me up for breakfast,"
"She screwed me in a vice,"
And now
I
Don't
Know
Why I
Feel
So
Tongue
Tieddddd

Last edited:

Otre

Banned
I like some Radiohead songs. Still, i can understand why some people dont like a whiny sounding boy over some mellow rock. Especially when their signature song is about a Creep, a weirdo and he dosent understand what hes doing there. Not too far from a Linkin Park message.

Still, a million times better than my country's music regguetton. So im thankful my shithole can let me listen to Paranoid Android instead of the same beat over dirty words lowest common denominator I get subjected to here.

Also, saying "If you dont like this music you are stupid" gives up your teenager status instantly. Hopefully, cause if youre an adult. Well, music is subjective. Liking radiohead just means you have good taste, it does not reflect your IQ.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
I like some Radiohead songs. Still, i can understand why some people dont like a whiny sounding boy over some mellow rock. Especially when their signature song is about a Creep, a weirdo and he dosent understand what hes doing there. Not too far from a Linkin Park message.

Still, a million times better than my country's music regguetton. So im thankful my shithole can let me listen to Paranoid Android instead of the same beat over dirty words lowest common denominator I get subjected to here.

Also, saying "If you dont like this music you are stupid" gives up your teenager status instantly. Hopefully, cause if youre an adult. Well, music is subjective. Liking radiohead just means you have good taste, it does not reflect your IQ.

Did you just cast shade at Linkin Park for being "loner, creeper" music? Da hell's wrong with you.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I’ve never been able to get into Radiohead, sorry teez. It’s just never done anything for me.

The Beatles are getting some hate here too, but I find their music a lot more enjoyable, personally.

Mato

They are great. OK Computer is the soundtrack to my teenage years. Taking the bus every morning and going to school. Kid A is such a weird lovely album. Somehow it has fused in my memory with Majora's Mask.

Jennings

I love Radiohead. But I won't hold it against anybody if Radiohead's music doesn't click for them. I'm not that much of a snob, some people just have underdeveloped tastes. It's not worth hating them for it.

Otre

Banned
Did you just cast shade at Linkin Park for being "loner, creeper" music? Da hell's wrong with you.
Are you out of high school and still defend Linkin park? That band was better when I did not understand any english. Now that I read and listened to the lyrics, its just a grown man roleplaying as a whiny suburbia teenager.

A shame cause the beat is pretty rad.

Kimahri

Banned
I don't don't like them. But I tried getting into them with OK Computer and I fell asleep every single time I put it on, so I just gave up on them.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hyperbole obviously, but I'll put this one forward - people who say they don't like Radiohead, there's about an 85% chance they've only ever heard Creep.

Creep is one of the worst Radiohead songs.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
teezzy teezzy alright rank 'em

In Rainbows
OK Computer
Kid A
The Bends
A Moon Shaped Pool
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I dislike The Beatles equally. Sad teenagers who listened to Radiohead were pathetic. They went on to love Coldplay...

Last edited:

Wildebeest

High-pitched singers are objectively better for rock because they cut through the rest of the sound. It is like a scientific objective fact or something. Just listen to rock singers like Dio, Chris Cornell, Geddy Lee, Freddy Mercury, Robert Plant, and so on. Maybe, some rock singers sound more whiny or odd because they're forcing their voices to go higher than their natural range. Male rock singers who go low, and don't just growl unintelligibly like death metal, which isn't mellow, are rarer. I like Bill Callahan, but maybe you are thinking of someone like Johnny Cash?

teezzy

Banned
teezzy teezzy alright rank 'em

In Rainbows
OK Computer
Kid A
The Bends
A Moon Shaped Pool
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

Kid A
In Rainbow
The Bends
Amnesiac
Okay Computer
A Moon Shaped Pool
King of Limbs
Hail to the Thief
Pablo Honey

Honestly dude, it's all just top notch

Pablo Honey us easily their weakest tho, but I enjoy KoL and HttT more than most

AV

EviLore EviLore can we get an album ranking since you have a Radiohead avatar?

This is important data.

Top Bottom