• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People Say This Gen is Slow for Sony Are Delusional

Status
Not open for further replies.
flush-toilet.gif

Here is how good the 1st 2 years of PS5 are versus the PS4 - INCLUDING ONLY NEW-GEN EXCLUSIVES/CROSSGEN PLATFORM EXCLUSIVES

PS4 Launch 2013

• Killzone: Shadowfall
  • Resogun
  • Knack
PS4 - 2014
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Last of Us Remastered
  • MLB 14: The Show
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • DriveClub
PS4 - 2015
  • Order 1886
  • Bloodborne
  • Until Dawn
  • Helldivers
PS5 Launch/Window 2020
  • Demon's Souls Remake
  • Spider Man Miles Morales
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure

PS5 - 2021
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet & Clank A Rift Apart
  • Destruction All Stars

PS5 - 2022
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Gran Turismo 7

With half a year left for most likely God of War Ragnarok and something Last of Us Remake related.

GG - Stop QQing about lack of news/output, now off you go to your backlog you filthy casual wankers <3

Last edited by a moderator:
it certainly is slow in terms of news and announcements

everything feels like a slog these days

like, when was the last time Sony didn't have a single announced game with a release date?
I don't see a reason for them to be announcing a bunch of stuff that are far off. I was already surprised they announced The Wolverine game alongside Spider Man 2 from 1 company at same time.

begotten

I don't think the opening year comparisons is what's being made.

It's just weird for Sony to have so many unannounced things outside of Insomniac.

And you're not even counting everything, like Astrobot, free DLC for Returnal, the Director's Cut version of Ghost of Tsushima, 3rd party exclusives, etc...

The quality of both gen starts is also...quite different. PS4 was a wasteland until Bloodborne came out. Infamous was nice though.
yeah, you are right, I am not counting DLC and other stuff. I am strictly talking about new 1st party releases. Yes, I 100% agree, it was a wasteland until Bloodborne.

kyliethicc

Here is how good the 1st 2 years of PS5 are versus the PS4 - INCLUDING ONLY NEW-GEN EXCLUSIVES/CROSSGEN PLATFORM EXCLUSIVES

PS4 Launch 2013

• Killzone: Shadowfall
  • Resogun
  • Knack
PS4 - 2014
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Last of Us Remastered
  • MLB 14: The Show
PS4 - 2015
  • Order 1886
  • Bloodborne
  • Until Dawn
PS5 Launch/Window 2020
  • Demon's Souls Remake
  • Spider Man Miles Morales
  • LittleBigAdventure

PS5 - 2021
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet & Clank A Rift Apart
  • Destruction All Stars

PS5 - 2022
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Gran Turismo 7

With half a year left for most likely God of War Ragnarok and something Last of Us Remake related.

GG - Stop QQing about lack of news/output, now off you go to your backlog you filthy casual wankers <3
Forgot LPB3 and Helldivers on PS4.

Forgot Astro’s Playroom and Destruction AllStars on PS5.

And it’s Sackboy: A Big Adventure lol.

Last edited:

Borowski_1

I don't see a reason for them to be announcing a bunch of stuff that are far off. I was already surprised they announced The Wolverine game alongside Spider Man 2 from 1 company at same time.
i don't care if they have a reason to announce it or not. That's their concern, not mine

i just think things a bit stale now. what else is coming this year? is Ragnarok coming or not? what about 2023 and beyond?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
PS5 Launch/Window 2020
  • Demon's Souls Remake. PORT but only release that was worth a damn.
  • Spider Man Miles Morales DLC turned in port
  • LittleBigAdventure. Dead series nobody asked for

PS5 - 2021
  • Returnal. good looking game mediocre gameplay
  • Ratchet & Clank A Rift Apart stellar game
  • Destruction All Stars. Hahaha are you for real?
  • Gt 7 driveclub looked more next gen.
  • horizon forbidden west. This is next gen.

still better then the ps3 launch tho..
Holy shit that sucked

Faithless83

Banned
Third party output is slow, that makes people look at first party.
Not sure how no one was pointing the finger at MS prior to the delays.

I just know that I have basically a limitless amount of stuff to play, but I own all the systems. Without that, I could see how it would be a bit slower depending on your taste. Switch and Gamepass are crushing it for me. Sony has some stuff sprinkled in occasionally that I'm into. Oculus on the side. With all that combined I'm basically swimming in Scrooge McDuck's vault, made of games.

It will eventually pick up for both Sony and MS first party. That's about the only thing that's slow. SQEX releases a lot. Capcom has stuff on the way soon. Tecmo and Namco haven't done a ton for me just yet. Indies putting out stuff constantly.

Your perception of slow or not slow depends on your taste, and what you have to play on.

Last edited:

like, when was the last time Sony didn't have a single announced game with a release date?
When was the last time they couldn't produce consoles? Or they had to fight against a pandemic?

Still, PlayStation has been the one with more stuff to say this year unlike last year that was mostly Microsoft. PC releases and announcements, PS4 and PS5 marketing campaigns and releases, multiple State of Plays, 3rd party exclusive releases, free DLC for one of the best games last year, the new PS Plus, Discord integration starting, etc...

I do agree we've never been this long without a single release date. But that's also probably because they want to avoid game delays i'm sure.

Once they open up those blood gates...it will be glorious though.

i don't care if they have a reason to announce it or not. That's their concern, not mine

i just think things a bit stale now. what else is coming this year? is Ragnarok coming or not? what about 2023 and beyond?

God of War Ragnarok
Rumored TLOU Remake

2023 and Beyond -

Star Wars The Old Republic Remake
The Wolverine
Spiderman 2
New Twisted Metal
Naughty Dog Projects

Kokoloko85

Mostly agree. Some news has been great and how they have done it, but I wish when it comes to game announcements and trailers, they went back to the PS4 days., the PS4‘s E3’s were amazing. It has been a slog alot of the time. And the shows have sucked since like 2019 apart from the PS5 reveal show.

If the next big show isnt great, Ill be hugely disappointed because I havent been impressed since the PS5 reveal show and FF16 trailer that came after.
But even the Playstation show that had FF16 reveal was quite bad, lots of repeats from the 1st PS5 show, apart from the FF16 reveal it wasnt good.

Last edited:

Pejo

FWIW I thought the PS4 gen was slow too. I've had a PS5 since launch, and I still only own one game for it - Demon's Souls remake. I mostly only power it on as a Genshin Impact machine for the load times.

Kokoloko85

God of War Ragnarok
Rumored TLOU Remake

2023 and Beyond -

Star Wars The Old Republic Remake
The Wolverine
Spiderman 2
New Twisted Metal
Naughty Dog Projects

I think its still the first time we’ve only seen 3 of the 1st party games. Hopefully the next big show will officially show alot more from the 1st party studios and other exclusives

Andodalf

Banned
Being a similar cadence to the launch years of the ps4 isn’t a good thing. no one is saying the ps5 won’t be successful, they’re saying they want heavy hitting next gen exclusives, cus that’s what we expect from sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom