• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCGamer: "Just admit that your console exclusives are coming to PC already."

Shmunter

I agree with what you're saying here but you and others really need to stop saying "console" warriors. It's Sony warriors. They're the only ones that lose their shit over people stealing their precious when others get to play their sacred exclusive games.
Xbox warriors, freaking out over Sony warriors freaking out. 🤪

WakeTheWolf

Your point being?

Very few are successful and yet they plague every store front on the PC.

Most Early Access games probably go like this:
"Okay we have this unfinished game... man, making games is harder than we though, huh? What if we release our unfinished product under "Early Access" and get the money early? And if people complain we just say that it's Early Access and we'll fix it later, right? Then we can lose all motivation to finish the game because we already made a shitton of money off of it. Sound good?"

"Yeah, let's do that"

Kinda reminds me of Star Citizen in a way.

PC gaming in a nutshell to me is = Just wait bro

Guilty_AI

"Okay we have this unfinished game... man, making games is harder than we though, huh? What if we release our unfinished product under "Early Access" and get the money early? And if people complain we just say that it's Early Access and we'll fix it later, right? Then we can lose all motivation to finish the game because we already made a shitton of money off of it. Sound good?"

"Yeah, let's do that"

Very few of hundreds are still a dozen. Avoid the bad ones, go for the good ones. Theres no shortage of ways to find which ones are which.

There, solved your problem with pc gaming.

"Yeah, let's do that"

Best multiplatforms, best indies, best early access. What's not to love?

Just wait? If I get a ps5 (if I ever do), I'd wait till they get next gen games at least. 3 to 4 years from now. But that's my opinion though. Pretty sure they would release them on PC way before that though.

WakeTheWolf

Best multiplatforms, best indies, best early access. What's not to love?

Just wait? If I get a ps5 (if I ever do), I'd wait till they get next gen games at least. 3 to 4 years from now. But that's my opinion though. Pretty sure they would release them on PC way before that though.

Did you write this article by any chance? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
What does it matter if the game is good? Early access games are an excellent way to receive community feedback on a product, making such titles extremely polished.

Don't a lot of great PC games eventually get ported to consoles? I know PoE was originally PC, and Bard's Tale 4, I believe Subnautica was on PC long before it came to console also the Long Dark. I've really loved these games and I'm glad we get the opportunity to play them on Xbox. Mount & Blade was on PC first. I haven played yet, but it's supposed to be good and it's now available for Xbox and on Game Pass

Flight Sim 2020 coming is to Xbox. Disco Elysium is still PC exclusive, it hasn't come to console although I hope it does some day also hope we get to play Baldur's Gate down the road.

It's much better when MORE people can play MORE games, Xbox games going to PC and PC games coming to Xbox is a good thing for gamers of both platforms.

That title is bait for fanboys. Exclusive video games only make sense on home consoles, and does not make sense on PC because the PC platform is open-ended. Who would benefit if a title is exclusive on the PC platform? If you're enthusiastic about PC Gaming in any way, shape or form, then you're already aware of the fact that the strength of the platform is in its customizability and community commitment. Don't be an idiot possessed by your product and be emotionally invested in it.

Don't a lot of great PC games eventually get ported to consoles? I know PoE was originally PC, and Bard's Tale 4, I believe Subnautica was on PC long before it came to console also the Long Dark. I've really loved these games and I'm glad we get the opportunity to play them on Xbox. Mount & Blade was on PC first. I haven played yet, but it's supposed to be good and it's now available for Xbox and on Game Pass

Flight Sim 2020 coming is to Xbox. Disco Elysium is still PC exclusive, it hasn't come to console although I hope it does some day also hope we get to play Baldur's Gate down the road.

It's much better when MORE people can play MORE games, Xbox games going to PC and PC games coming to Xbox is a good thing for gamers of both platforms.
Amen to this. We can all game on different platforms, with one goal in mind! To have fun.

To everyone else:

This whole pocket watching and sales count shit is pathetic. No one cares if your favorite company sold X amount of units. I guess what's what people do after a playthrough of their favorite 3 hour WR, single player game. Nothing else better to do, but grief?

If you like the game let other enjoy it.

Kokoloko85

Didn't i just show 3 studios developing pc centric games? Theres even more like Ghost Ship Studios, Supergiant games, SCS software, Frozenbyte, 11 bit studios, Firaxis, Frontier...

Seems like u want to argue...Im just making a point about PC games not being the blockbusters they use to be.

How about Name me a PC only game that wins game of the year In the last decade.....

Now get what Im saying Consoles have better exclusive games than PC.

CatLady

Seems like u want to argue...Im just making a point about PC games not being the blockbusters they use to be.

How about Name me a PC only game that wins game of the year In the last decade.....

Didn't Disco Elysium win some GotY awards?

Question: do you only play GOTY's or do you play the games you like? The only GOTY that were actually in line with my standards lately, were RDR2 (multiplatform) and BOTW.

Look up IMDB or RottenTomatoes for your favorite movies, are they all the best movie of the year? If not, do you need to reevaluate your preferences? Or are they just that; preferences?

Guilty_AI

Exactly. More people playing the better. Also more money for the developers to encourage the development of even better games.

Kokoloko85

Question: do you only play GOTY's or do you play the games you like? The only GOTY that were actually in line with my standards lately, were RDR2 (multiplatform) and BOTW.

Look up IMDB or RottenTomatoes for your favorite movies, are they all the best movie of the year? If not, do you need to reevaluate your preferences? Or are they just that; preferences?

I play games I want to play. Alot like Last of US, Zelda Botw, Mario Odessy, God of War, Bloodbourne could be considered game of the year.

My point is, you can pay £1000+ for a PC but your missing out on some of the best gamers ever.

Predictable

Name me
Some more lol
So you like the numbers game. Cool. Could have just said you are attached to Cernony's hip, and let their decision making do all the talking.

I play games I want to play. Alot like Last of US, Zelda Botw, Mario Odessy, God of War, Bloodbourne could be considered game of the year.

My point is, you can pay £1000+ for a PC but your missing out on some of the best gamers ever.
You forgot that BOTW runs better on PC. Yes I own a switch, and i decided to play the game on PC, with my Xbox elite 2 controller, because it's much better that way. Same with several Sony games, but it doesn't magically make them any better.

Lou2 isn't the game you think it is. Look at the charts since you like numbers. Not even top 20

Bloodborne is an AMAZING game, just plagued with frame pacing issues and low framerate.

God of war is coming to PC. I'm not vetted, but I know somebody that knows somebody. Look at my post in the meme thread and bookmark it

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

So you need some third party organization to tell which game is good or not? Last i heard of those they were locking out games that didn't follow their precise diversity quotas.
And if they're better or not, thats highly subjective. the 2018 GOTY God of War that a lot of people here hail as the second coming of Chirst was as fun as mashing potatoes for me.

Last edited:

CatLady

Predictable

Name me
Some more lol

So fucking what? From your link it's also coming to Xbox so thank you for that information. that doesn't mitigate the fact that it was originally a PC exclusive.

You said:
"How about Name me a PC only game that wins game of the year In the last decade.."
I did that
You didn't say let's have a listwar contest. And I'm not interested in playing

It seems like you're the one that just want's to argue.

Alphagear

Average PC gamer has a better gpu than the xb1x, which is more powerful than ps4/pro, which means it's bEtTeR than what ALL consoles have, period, since you want to play the numbers game. Do you have a ps5 in your living room right now? Or a XSX, which is also more powerful than the ps5? If not, your whole argument is invalid.

Now that's out the way, can you please take notice that PC gamers don't want to buy a console to play one or two games, when the game will eventually end up on PC, with the better performance. Can I tell you about my frame-pacing issues with bloodbourne, and how I would love to finish the game in a better light? HZD DIDN'T impress me at all. Not only because it was a bad port, but a younger brother to a better game, assassin's creed. That's my opinion, so take it or leave it.

We, PC gamers love game in general, from indies to AAA. The more the better. No need to get your feelings hurt that Sony wants to make money, be the God of War, and broaden their Horizon ;)

Average PC does not have a GPU as capable as the X1X GPU which is on par with a RX580.

Forget the PS5 and XSX.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

PC gaming was better in 1998 than it is today. There were exclusive games by AAA companies that could not be brought to console without being dramatically impaired or altered.

I think you are trolling now but in the slight case you are´t then has it crossed your mind that mayble not everyone who games on PC cares about AAA gaming? There are tons of awesome indie games not available on consoles, PC has the largest gaming collection out of any system you literally have access to the gaming collection of decades past. I personally don´t give a damn about AAA gaming specially from the constant shitshow that are game devs like UBI, EA and Activision with their souless anual franchises that are spewed year after year for the dumb normies to consume without any real advancements. I play on PC because I have access to games like Total War, Civ, CK, BG etc which you just can´t play on a console and I have been entertained far more by indie games than any shitty movie wannabe fest that many AAA games have become.

Seriously has console fanboyism rot your mind to the point that you think that AAA gaming is the only thing worthwhile in the gaming world?

theclaw135

Banned
How is it console fanboyism to want PC games to drive technolgy forward once again? You're right I'm upset about the dearth of games only possible on bleeding edge PCs.

Soodanim

That title is bait for fanboys. Exclusive video games only make sense on home consoles, and does not make sense on PC because the PC platform is open-ended. Who would benefit if a title is exclusive on the PC platform? If you're enthusiastic about PC Gaming in any way, shape or form, then you're already aware of the fact that the strength of the platform is in its customizability and community commitment. Don't be an idiot possessed by your product and be emotionally invested in it.
Exactly. And it worked, because you have people arguing like children.

I love what I have in PC. Endless options for every possible factor in the experience. You can have a whole franchise of games in one place on PC, like how I have every numbered Resident Evil game in a row ready to go. I could add side games with emulation.

But I’m also acutely aware that these games exist because of consoles. PC is just where they go to live forever.

If exclusive games come to PC, great. If not, nothing changes. It’s still not an XOR choice, so I don’t know why the argument went that way.

The article is about how Sony pretend PC won’t get ports. But honestly, the article is just click and drama bait, because why would a company announce arguably superior versions of titles before the initial versions even release? It makes no sense as a business.

I do want Demon’s Souls on PC, though

theclaw135

Banned

PC exclusive games can provide extensive modding and customization suites on levels console makers just wouldn't allow.
They don't have to dumb down the controls/interface for gamepads either.

Plus, I don’t think Nintendo will be OK with nude patches for Peach or Zelda.

Because those 8-bit sprites are sooo irresistible...

Besides... where are the super popular PC games anymore?
Animal Crossing New Horizons has rocketed past 20 million copies within 6 months. Name a PC exclusive that could begin to hope to compete.

Probably some equivalent shit like Minecraft or some shit. Who cares?

Just admit that your platform has no exclusives it self so bums off of the competition

Imagine being so dense to believe adults buy pc for exclusives, rather than for all the pc functionalities that consoles lack.

Keep smoking the good crack Sony ponies 🌈

PC gamer laying down the hard truths, it's not about the box anymore, it's about the game and where you want to play.

"exclusives" are antiquated, if you want your consumers to play on your machine then make something that's compelling to play on, the end.

I was watching the DF analysis of the conference and Alex said something to the effect 'Oh I didn't know Miles got powers, I never finished it'.....
That is typical PC gamer. Buying games on sale for as little as possible, loading it up for 5 minutes and seeing a few mods and then never touching it again.
Literally the worst 'gamers' out there. People that line Nvidias pockets but want to screw the developers at every turn.

LOL. You're doing a great impression of SONY Defence Force: Hardly the best 'gamers' out there too. Also, one's not great at their History either. It's not new for SONY to imprace the PC, SONY did it in the PS days with a host of SONY console exclusives going to the PC even ones from SONY themself's. SEGA did much the same too PC and console gamers are different and different markets.

Its a far bigger deal when a so called console exclusive comes out on a rival console

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think one point all you PC gamers are forgetting which is definitively a good point on your side which many console gamers don’t like bringing up (and I’m even one of them) is that you guys are are willing to pay for gear, but also really good at not being lemmings paying for high priced games, shittier digital deals and also making a stand of FU to paying for MP online fees.

Also, you guys can appreciate holistic graphics, options and performance improvements in games while console gamers (typically Sony fans) will try to persuade forums their PS3 game running at 720p/27 FPS or PS4 game at 1080p/30 FPS at dynamic res is somehow the greatest game on the market

and lastly, arguing with console warriors is a futile battle because their main battle argument are console exclusives. Ya, that 3% of games which are the make and break argument. PC exclusives don’t count so don’t bring up any. Only console ones.

everyone knows pc gaming has way more games and a gamer can have giant backlogs so you guys can wait for whatever console game comes later and not care if it does or not.

a console fan warriors existence is based on playing exclusive game X , Y, Z and bragging about it like it’s an achievement so their plastic box purchase is validated as a “Whew, thank god I picked the right console this gen!”

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Because those 8-bit sprites are sooo irresistible...

Probably some equivalent shit like Minecraft or some shit. Who cares?

Imagine being so dense to believe adults buy pc for exclusives, rather than for all the pc functionalities that consoles lack.

Keep smoking the good crack Sony ponies 🌈
Then stop being pc elitists and port begging for games when you lack quality that consoles bring. Pc gamers for port begging are worse than nintendo users. Get your own high quality exclusives first that can compete with consoles then we can have a conversation

Last edited:
Then stop being pc elitists and port begging for games when you lack quality that consoles bring. Pc gamers for port begging are worse than nintendo users. Get your own high quality exclusives first that can compete with consoles then we can have a conversation
It's not port begging when Jim confirmed more games are headed to PC. Do you not see how ridiculous people look defending "their" exclusives, that they had no part in developing, designing, art, story, etc? They didn't help create the games, but they claim it as "their exclusives". Not anymore! "Their exclusives", are now "our exclusives".

AQX3TUx.jpg

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
It's not port begging when Jim confirmed more games are headed to PC. Do you not see how ridiculous people look defending "their" exclusives, that they had no part in developing, designing, art, story, etc? They didn't help create the games, but they claim it as "their exclusives". Not anymore! "Their exclusives", are now "our exclusives".

AQX3TUx.jpg
How did the horizon port go for you boys btw, was kind of half asses wasnt it. Good, glad it was. Sure some games will go but however many times do I see port begging pussies wanting high quality games because their platform lacks it such as bloodborne, god of war, spiderman, ghosts etc. Pc is the port begging machine because ya'll have none of your own games to play on it.

Digity

How did the horizon port go for you boys btw, was kind of half asses wasnt it. Good, glad it was. Sure some games will go but however many times do I see port begging pussies wanting high quality games because their platform lacks it such as bloodborne, god of war, spiderman, ghosts etc. Pc is the port begging machine because ya'll have none of your own games to play on it.
Still runs better on PC lol.

Horizon plays night and day better on PC. But there's so much more to want, as the game isn't optimized, and the gameplay is... Behind Assassin's Creed...

Whoa there buddy? Why do you aim your uncontrollable anger at PC gamers? We did nothing to you. If anything, you should be mad at Jim Ryan for queuing up these Sony exclusive games to launch on PC. Take a chill pill bro. It's not that serious. We're not taking games away from you, Jim Ryan isn't either. He's more so sharing them.

Wrong thread buddy, nobody is port begging, learn how to read before you start your accusations. This thread is about Sony gatekeeping, the games are already coming to pc. Who are you to tell Sony what to do and pc users what to say?

Wrong thread buddy, nobody is port begging, learn how to read before you start your accusations. This thread is about Sony gatekeeping, the games are already coming to pc. Who are you to tell Sony what to do and pc users what to say?
Especially since Sony, themselves, gave the right of passage to their exclusive library, to PC. More titles incoming.

Bryank75

Banned
LOL. You're doing a great impression of SONY Defence Force: Hardly the best 'gamers' out there too. Also, one's not great at their History either. It's not new for SONY to imprace the PC, SONY did it in the PS days with a host of SONY console exclusives going to the PC even ones from SONY themself's. SEGA did much the same too PC and console gamers are different and different markets.

Its a far bigger deal when a so called console exclusive comes out on a rival console
There are no rival consoles anymore... the two previous competitors have scampered off in opposite directions.
Now PC is the main competition, as gamers flee the sinking ship that is XBox, they will more likely go to PC as it has Game Pass and all Xbox exclusives and they can gloat about performance while implying and pushing for PlayStation titles to come to PC.

I don't mind a sports game like MLB that only sells in the US going to PC or a third party deal every once ina while having a PC version.

But first parties were built from the ground up to support PlayStation and ONLY PlayStation. The entire idea is that money made by the platform is re-invested in these 'showpiece' games to attract more people to the platform.
You defeat the entire point if you bring them to other platforms. You also undermine your platform because as many have said here PS4 or PS5 is not the most powerful hardware.... it actually depends on content to make it attractive. It depends on excellent content to make it's users feel like that is a good place to be.

If it starts feeling like PC is getting the games and they are better and they have access to everything else too.... then you have defeated yourself. You are selling Nvidia GPU's, not PlayStations and you are shitting on 25 years of work that went in before you.

There are no rival consoles anymore... the two previous competitors have scampered off in opposite directions.
Now PC is the main competition, as gamers flee the sinking ship that is XBox, they will more likely go to PC as it has Game Pass and all Xbox exclusives and they can gloat about performance while implying and pushing for PlayStation titles to come to PC.

I don't mind a sports game like MLB that only sells in the US going to PC or a third party deal every once ina while having a PC version.

But first parties were built from the ground up to support PlayStation and ONLY PlayStation. The entire idea is that money made by the platform is re-invested in these 'showpiece' games to attract more people to the platform.
You defeat the entire point if you bring them to other platforms. You also undermine your platform because as many have said here PS4 or PS5 is not the most powerful hardware.... it actually depends on content to make it attractive. It depends on excellent content to make it's users feel like that is a good place to be.

If it starts feeling like PC is getting the games and they are better and they have access to everything else too.... then you have defeated yourself. You are selling Nvidia GPU's, not PlayStations and you are shitting on 25 years of work that went in before you.
Which would make Sony more money, selling an exclusive game only on ps4 or selling that same game on ps4 + PC? Think about it for a moment before you respond. And give me an honest answer, as I'm sure you can see where Jim Ryan is coming from.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Sony should just do cross-platform releases with PS5, PS4, and PC for 2-3 years, then drop PS4 and keep doing PS5+PC. I don't think Sony wants to overtly admit it because of the vocal minority.

Bryank75

Banned
Which would make Sony more money, selling an exclusive game only on ps4 or selling that same game on ps4 + PC? Think about it for a moment before you respond. And give me an honest answer, as I'm sure you can see where Jim Ryan is coming from.
Selling it only on PlayStation. It's proven to make more money in the long run. Selling it on PC is a short term gain that will result in longterm degradation of profits and loss of customers. Which is much more serious than a few million from one game in a year....

They make 21 billion in a year revenue, remember. A few million from a port is NOTHING.

If they bring all their games for instance to PC....I will move there, I will buy all my games there and I have over 300 games from last generation. I also bought 2 of their consoles and countless accessories. PS+ nonstop. etc.

They will be losing people like me, their most lucrative customers. It will completely tank their software revenue.

Edit: Also after someone invests in a PC, they will expect to upgrade it and that is a customer gone for 10 years or more. Very hard to get one back from that.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
If you play for exclusives PC just isn't what it once was. Back in the day you had so many games you could only play on that format. Half Life, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Civ, Rainbow 6 etc.

Sure the PC has early access and Indies now which outnumber Playstation exclusives but the biggest and best (commercially and critically) are on Playstation. God of War, Spiderman, Bloodborne, Last of Us, Uncharted, Days Gone, Ghost... you just can't compare in terms of production values, fun and none aggressive micro transactions.

Exclusives are far the be all and end all and your mileage with Sony's cinematic games will vary but I'd personally take 5-15 of them over 1000 early access or indie games. That's not true of everyone but a substantial number of us (imagine a cinema that misses the biggest releases of the year).

X-Box may change this landscape eventually, hell even Sony may if their policies continue to change. But there is a very real case to be made for choosing Playstation over PC when it comes to exclusives.

Just to note you could write the opposite of this post about graphic fidelity, mods and frame rate and that's fine. As I've said throughout as a gamer it depends on what factors are most important to you. There is no wrong or right answer.

Last edited:

I never read such sheer and utter nonsense in all my life. You really are SONY Defence Force and you've got a cheek to call out PC gamers. Just like the typical PS fan, their console history isn't the best even when it comes to the corp they claim to love.

I believe SONY Liverpool was once an In-House studio until SONY shut it down (no doubt you think only MS closed down studios) seem to remember G- Police, Tenka coming out on both the PS and PC and if one looks to consoles, before the PS (yes we had gaming before SONY) you had SEGA allowing the likes of Golden Axe, Shinobi appearing on various systems including the likes of PC Engine.

Did you give up your PS when so-called PS exclusives, like Tomb Raider 2,3, Final Fantasy 7, MGS also came out on the PC?

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

If you play for exclusives PC just isn't what it once was. Back in the day you had so many games you could only play on that format. Half Life, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Civ, Rainbow 6 etc.

Sure the PC has early access and Indies now which outnumber Playstation exclusives but the biggest and best (commercially and critically) are on Playstation. God of War, Spiderman, Bloodborne, Last of Us, Uncharted, Days Gone, Ghost... you just can't compare in terms of production values, fun and none aggressive micro transactions.

Exclusives are far the be all and end all and your mileage with Sony's cinematic games will vary but I'd personally take 5-15 of them over 1000 early access or indie games. That's not true of everyone but a substantial number of us (imagine a cinema that misses the biggest releases of the year).

X-Box may change this landscape eventually, hell even Sony may if their policies continue to change. But there is a very real case to be made for choosing Playstation over PC when it comes to exclusives.

Just to note you could write the opposite of this post about graphic fidelity, mods and frame rate and that's fine. As I've said throughout as a gamer it depends on what factors are most important to you. There is no wrong or right answer.

Fun is subjective.

Top Bottom