• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC will soon be the best place to play Resident Evil 7 in VR

Killer8

Thanks to praydog (the maker of the 2, 3 and Village VR mods), PC is finally getting RE7 with proper VR support. VR was previously exclusive to PSVR and was limited to just head tracking support. In other words, you still just played on a PS4 controller but looked around to aim. For whatever reasons ($$$), Capcom never officially ported it to PC...

Now, this modder is adding not only VR, but also motion controls to Ethan's hands. You can physically aim guns, use stabbing motions to actually stab, really wave the chainsaw around, and you even have to raise your arms to block damage.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Wait they didn't release a VR version on pc ?

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I tried playing Resident Evil 2 Remake in VR a month or so ago. I don't know how these youtubers got it working near flawlessly, but it was all over the place for me. I made it to the police station but the cutscenes, menu's where all jacked and janked up. It making me super nauseous.

I hope this one is done better.

Reallink

Wait they didn't release a VR version on pc ?

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Why in the hell did they not ? because it is capcom I guess....That is a stupid decision nonetheless.

The most likely reason is a Sony money hat, but there really is no acceptable excuse.

We know from the Capcom hack Sony paid $5 million for the VR mode and DLC/demo exclusivity. Capcom PR told outlets it was 1 year exclusivity back in 2016. They've never pubically addressed it beyond that, so no one knows why they never updated the PC version. Operating theory is they just didn't give a fuck about VR, seemingly confirmed by RE8 kicking support to the curb. Capcom had nothing to do with RE4, it was developed by Armature and funded entirely by Oculus.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Capcom loves to blow Sony every now and then.. Devil may cry 5/DMC and others had exclusive next gen releases d the additional content was never includesd on PC.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That's amazing. I'm always impressed by what some people can do to mod a game and the results, and this is a perfect example!

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
We know from the Capcom hack Sony paid $5 million for the VR mode and DLC/demo exclusivity. Capcom PR told outlets it was 1 year exclusivity back in 2016. They've never pubically addressed it beyond that, so no one knows why they never updated the PC version. Operating theory is they just didn't give a fuck about VR, seemingly confirmed by RE8 kicking support to the curb. Capcom had nothing to do with RE4, it was developed by Armature and funded entirely by Oculus.
Yeah that seems probable but I thought that porting the game from a VR headset to another was easier than it is and they did not bother only to grab a few more sales.

Top Bottom