• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC VR - Hardware, Software, Recommendations & Discussion Thread

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I thought it was just me and my jurassic-era computer, it's the reason I hesitate to check this topic and end up missing out on lots of stuff. Am I wrong thinking this shouldn't slow down any computer that's less than 10 years old to a crawl?
They load instantly to me. Using an ethernet cable for my PC

Starfield

I thought it was just me and my jurassic-era computer, it's the reason I hesitate to check this topic and end up missing out on lots of stuff. Am I wrong thinking this shouldn't slow down any computer that's less than 10 years old to a crawl?
No you aren't. I have a high end pc and good internet and even mine struggles to properly load this site lol

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I post what I like, as long as I have the time to properly look into VR and all the wonderful AAA or indie projects out there (even if some of them don't end up so great I love seeing what devs actually cook up and experiment with) you lot will not be censoring me in this or any other PC VR thread that supersedes this so stop derailing it every other page, thanks. I don't care about your own narrow view of what a worthwhile VR project and game is tbh. Yay, Cyan pretty much spelled out (as per the last tweet) Myst VR will not be Quest exclusive so it's confirmed any "Quest Platform" trailers from Facebook Connect could come to PC as well, woot!

Frontpoint VR is launching @ midnight PT, neat development but we'll see if it's worthwhile compared to other PVP VR FPS.

For those who can't browse (on PC, obviously mobile or whatever is a no go for most devices from my experience, too bad they suck at browsing but oh well) try different browsers, most good ones should know to only load embeds from posts you scroll to and linger on rather than open the page at post #38 and have it try to load all the previous posts at once or something first so visiting every week or so just to see new posts should be fast & smooth. Also the ideal window size should allow you to view three youtube embeds in a row, and four twitter embeds in a row. That's how I format most of my posts when I'm not too tired to care about that part.

Last edited:
damn, this guy is already playing 1976!

Dr. Ivanovich Lol Ivanovich Games is actually a Spanish studio

this is pretty awesome. They had the same insight as in Operation Warcade to offer various different views to a classic arcade game. It's obviously a take on the classic Capcom arcade game 1942...

Alexios

Woot, Project Wingman is here, I can't wait to dive in this one :D

Last edited:

Alexios

ALTDEUS: Beyond Chronos just came out.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/k98ksw/even_more_reddit_exclusive_medal_of_honor_moh/

Last edited:

Alexios

This releases on Quest in a few short hours and the PC some time in 2021, hopefully it's worth the wait.

Last edited:

INC

Quest only...for now

Is it available on steam? Its if only in oculus store, its a big pass for me

Also been playing contractors alot lately, had it over a year, but since the last few patches, its hell of a lot of fun.

Alexios

No info on other platforms/stores for now, I asked them facetiously on twitter about Oculus Store Rift release before posting more about it in this PC thread and they said 2021.

Last edited:

INC

Man that sucks, looks alright, but as saidnif its oculus store exclusive, I'll pass, ever oculus removed that marvel game, and told people just to delete it, even tho it has a SP......mp servers I can understand, but stopping access to a SP game, that u paid for is a big fuck u to anyone who bought it

Alexios

They did give refunds for that apparently despite being so old though. They basically played it a couple years for free :p

But yeah this also being a licenced IP hopefully the terms are different this time and owners will keep access regardless.

It could release on other stores too eventually, we'll see what the deal is, just glad it's not Quest only, we'll see if it's good.

Last edited:

Alexios

Rec Room recently got a flat port for xbox one and devs celebrated it with a Master Chief suit.

Well, someone already came up with one better. Meet Master Chef:

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Alexios

Myst VR is coming up on Quest for now (gonna be 30) and other platforms at later unannounced dates.

Last edited:

Alexios

Not a very promising start for Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond with bad user reviews/less than stellar critic reviews...

Shame on Respawn. Indies still do VR FPS best, at least in terms of the core mechanics, not campaign production values.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

It seems like by the time Myst VR finally releases on PC it will be a much improved version of the game...

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
hahah shit.

I think I am going to do it. The Whole time I was playing Cyberpunk I was wishing it was in VR. I am sure this is a much smaller slice but for 35 dollars it might be worth it.

Plus I like supporting indie devs. I’ll probably pull the trigger this evening.

Alexios

hahah shit.

I think I am going to do it. The Whole time I was playing Cyberpunk I was wishing it was in VR. I am sure this is a much smaller slice but for 35 dollars it might be worth it.

Plus I like supporting indie devs. I’ll probably pull the trigger this evening.
Lol, I was talking about the wrong thing you quoted at first, that PVP thing with free closed beta sign up, I thought you liked the neon vectors, hence the Jan deal. I think you should wait, it doesn't seem to have much gameplay to it yet. I'll probably wait for it to get to some official early access channels like Steam before thinking there's enough meat to bother. Honestly I have no idea if it will ever be finished, when I see him adding things like yet more emulators in the arcade games and consoles etc., as if that's more important than, I dunno, gunplay, stealth, AI, quests, stories, whatever. He has the art style down so far so hopefully it delivers eventually.

If you go ahead with it you'll hopefully come back to tell me I'm wrong (or just not regret it and stick with it regardless in wait for him to do more with it)!

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:
Top Bottom