• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC VR - Hardware, Software, Recommendations & Discussion Thread

Shai-Tan

Banned
One of my base stations broke and they told me it was out of stock so I have to wait (possibly months?) to get a replacement. I guess I’ll have to get used to only turning with analog stick.

edit: apparently just won a Grapple Tournament key. trying it anyway before player numbers plummet

Last edited:

INC

I think it's a solo thing like Tales of Glory (1) which was Mount & Blade-ish in VR and this takes the same concept to modern warfare, much like there's non VR Mount & Blade and Freeman: Guerilla Warfare which takes that concept to modern warfare... Sorry dude, postpone the dream again :x

Devs are adding coop at some point it seems

Been watching the dev blogs on this, and it actually looks decent, like a flashpoint clone.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Last edited:

A.Romero

So I got some time this last weekend and tried hooking up my Oculus Rift but I got a "No HDMI Connection" error. After troubleshooting I'm 99% sure the issue is with the cable.

I went online to find a replacement only to find out that they are very rare and go for over $100 USD!

I submitted a ticket to Oculus support but I don't have high hopes.

Any options out there?

Alexios

Nope. Hope Oculus helps ya, they helped me out of warranty for free a few months ago and the cable I received says refurbished but looks good as new so hopefully they help folks as long as they have cables left.

My next kit will defo not rely on proprietary cables like that so, probably a Quest or whatever else comes with just USB or wireless (DecaGear?), I don't wanna worry about such things ever again.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Nope. Hope Oculus helps ya, they helped me out of warranty for free a few months ago and the cable I received says refurbished but looks good as new so hopefully they help folks as long as they have cables left.

My next kit will defo not rely on proprietary cables like that so, probably a Quest or whatever else comes with just USB or wireless (DecaGear?), I don't wanna worry about such things ever again.

Thanks. This gives me some hope.

It's amazing how they can discontinue an item like that. I mean, it's not a cheap device and it's not that old. I've had mine for maybe 4 years.

this guy is fun, makes even this trashy and flawed game look a lot of fun

trashy or not - specially the running animations - I still think Tarzan VR potentially fun, I just so wish VR devs would consider some challenge to their games, the player is to overpowered and the enemies, specially human, such ragdolls which barely pose any that - they just stand there to be punched...

Alexios

So this came out for Quest. Hopefully it's good and if so it gets ported to PC too like Vader Immortal did.

Last edited:

Alexios

It seems like the hand tracking of the HP Reverb G2 isn't on par after all. What a shame. Timestamped...

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Here's a VR treadmill that will probably not be affordable for home users but still, pretty awesome tech.

Granted, what's there for now is just the treadmill, the in VR integration will be a very tough nut to crack.

Last edited:

psn

Damn that HP Reverb G2 Tracking is a huge letdown. They should release a lighthouse compatible HMD, so we can enjoy the image quality with good tracking.

pr0cs

Damn that HP Reverb G2 Tracking is a huge letdown. They should release a lighthouse compatible HMD, so we can enjoy the image quality with good tracking.
I like how so many reviews gloss over that the tracking is shit. We all understand that visually the headset is top tier but if the tracking is naff then does that really matter?
I guess if you're just playing flying/driving sims then it's a non issue but for all the other shooting/fighting/etc games that require decent tracking to be fun the G2 sounds like an exercise in frustration. Annoying that so few reviews really go in depth on that glaring fault.
Even tested basically admit that the tracking is poor yet it's overshadowed by how nice the screens are.

Reactions: psn

magaman

Banned
Price / Performance wise yes. Other than that, the Index is still king.

No. You can be a fanboy and suggest otherwise if you wish, but the Q2 has a much better screen, is wireless, bigger content selection, easier configuration, longer battery life, and frankly, it has the strongest support.

Index has a better FOV and refresh rate, but Q2 will have 120hz support soon enough. Controllers are better. Sound may be better from the Index, but you can use headphones on Q2 which negates any advantage there. Tracking is better on Index, but only marginally so.

Couple in the price? Q2 wins easily.

Alexios

Bigger battery life when Index doesn't have battery life since it's wired? Come on, lol, don't pad your list with crap like that. And no Q2 won't have 120hz support soon just cos Carmack tweeted that devs shouldn't make their games default to the highest hz available (now 72 for Quest and 90 for Quest 2) because in the future 120 may complicate things. He had said stuff about enabling 90hz on the original Quest as well and that never happened, so wait and see if you don't want to appear like a fanboy as you accuse others. And what bigger content selection, the native Quest games are few and far between in comparison to PC and mostly ports that are also on PC save like 3 games so far (Explore VR, the new Star Wars game and I guess there's bound to be some more) while every headset can play Oculus PC games with Revive. The controllers aren't better, just different. I love CV1 controllers myself but Index are great too, maybe worse form factor but clearly far more capable finger/pressure tracking vs the thumb and index finger having the touching/not touching switch. Tracking isn't only marginally better, it's true room scale and freeform tracking. Sure, for many games it may not be a big difference, but the capability is there to even do something like say, do shit behind your back or go prone in an FPS and still be able to grab stuff from your body and around because it doesn't rely on on-HMD cameras viewing the controllers to track them with some basic prediction and gyroscope tracking to help when they're off-view. After all, one could just stretch this further to say HP Reverb G2 tracking is just fine too (like many people said that for older WMR models like the Odyssey) because you can just look toward your hands to do every action you'd normally do without having to explicitly do that on Oculus with its wider tracking and on Index/Vive so how low do you go when the guy has already admitted cost is a factor and all this better stuff does cost.

Last edited:

psn

No. You can be a fanboy and suggest otherwise if you wish, but the Q2 has a much better screen, is wireless, bigger content selection, easier configuration, longer battery life, and frankly, it has the strongest support.

Index has a better FOV and refresh rate, but Q2 will have 120hz support soon enough. Controllers are better. Sound may be better from the Index, but you can use headphones on Q2 which negates any advantage there. Tracking is better on Index, but only marginally so.

Couple in the price? Q2 wins easily.
What am I reading?

Basically a list what is better on the Index but somehow its negible and nothing of value 🙃

Index has 144Hz, the Q2 has 90Hz (and will probably never have 120Hz. Buying an HMD because it ~could~ get an update in the future is utter nonsense. Same has been said about the Quest 1 btw, which supported 90Hz but never received an update)
Index has a wider FOV
Index has better Sound
Index has better tracking
Index has the better controllers
Index is native PCVR, Q2 is either wireless with latency or wired without latency but in both cases the image quality is decreased to where the ppi advantage is gone or even worse
Index is more comfortable
Index has a real IPD slider
Index sweetspot is much bigger, the Q2 is only sharp in the centre

The only thing that the Index doesn't have is a wireless kit like the Vive.

The Q2 might be the best wireless headset, but it is def not the best headset in general.

magaman

Banned
Bigger battery life when Index doesn't have battery life since it's wired? Come on, lol, don't pad your list with crap like that. And no Q2 won't have 120hz support soon just cos Carmack tweeted that devs shouldn't make their games default to the highest hz available (now 72 for Quest and 90 for Quest 2) because in the future 120 may complicate things. He had said stuff about enabling 90hz on the original Quest as well and that never happened, so wait and see if you don't want to appear like a fanboy as you accuse others. And what bigger content selection, the native Quest games are few and far between in comparison to PC and mostly ports that are also on PC save like 3 games so far (Explore VR, the new Star Wars game and I guess there's bound to be some more) while every headset can play Oculus PC games with Revive. The controllers aren't better, just different. I love CV1 controllers myself but Index are great too, maybe worse form factor but clearly far more capable finger/pressure tracking vs the thumb and index finger having the touching/not touching switch. Tracking isn't only marginally better, it's true room scale and freeform tracking. Sure, for many games it may not be a big difference, but the capability is there to even do something like say, do shit behind your back or go prone in an FPS and still be able to grab stuff from your body and around because it doesn't rely on on-HMD cameras viewing the controllers to track them with some basic prediction and gyroscope tracking to help when they're off-view. After all, one could just stretch this further to say HP Reverb G2 tracking is just fine too (like many people said that for older WMR models like the Odyssey) because you can just look toward your hands to do every action you'd normally do without having to explicitly do that on Oculus with its wider tracking and on Index/Vive so how low do you go when the guy has already admitted cost is a factor and all this better stuff does cost.

I'm happy to dismantle your argument.

1) Battery life for controllers.
2) 120hz will come in 2021. Will bet my account on it as I'm confident from info I'm getting from devs I talk to.
3) A bigger content library is still a bigger content library. Also, the content library on Oculus is more than just games.
4) Tracking is only marginally better until there are practical applications of all these fancy technologies. That's like saying your Lamborghini is faster than my Porsche - by the way, we live in a town where the max speed limit is 35. Okay, great. Your car is faster. You also can't use it.
5) Just because something costs more doesn't mean it's better. That logic is flawed out of the gate. Your so-called "better" stuff doesn't really add much value - if it did, the common consumer would choose it versus the competition. Instead, the Q2 is murdering the Index in sales because of the advantages I've listed above. It's a better product for 1/3 the price. Index FOV and refresh rate advantages don't matter to the common consumer. If you're looking to jack off over a 144hz refresh rate, that's fine - 120hz is coming for one, and 144hz is a nonfactor to most people. FOV is a nice advantage, but the Index screen and resolution falls well short of the Q2 so all that extra space goes to pot.

magaman

Banned
What am I reading?

Basically a list what is better on the Index but somehow its negible and nothing of value 🙃

Index has 144Hz, the Q2 has 90Hz (and will probably never have 120Hz. Buying an HMD because it ~could~ get an update in the future is utter nonsense. Same has been said about the Quest 1 btw, which supported 90Hz but never received an update)
Index has a wider FOV
Index has better Sound
Index is native PCVR, Q2 is either wireless with latency or wired without latency but in both cases the image quality is decreased to where the ppi advantage is gone or even worse

The Q2 might be the best wireless headset, but it is def not the best headset in general.

The salt is real. Sounds like you paid $1k for something that was bettered by a product 1/3 the price.

Index does have a better refresh rate and wider FOV. Sound is moot as you can wear headphones. Tracking is better in the Index, yep, if you really want to split hairs, but the setup is a terror comparatively speaking. Controllers are up for debate, but we'll give that to the Index too for giggles.

Sorry, beyond that, you have nothing. Q2 wins on price, library, setup, resolution, screen quality, mobility, accessibility, support, and its PCVR integration is certainly as good as the Index after the most recent update. You can waggle your dick over 15ms latency if you'd like. The picture looks better, and the tracking is equal, practically (in-game) speaking.

I have an Index kit for testing purposes, and the only time it is worn is when something needs a debug. It never travels, and nobody who comes over wants to use it. The Q2 is simply the better choice.

Last edited:

Alexios

The batteries last longer on less featured controllers (yet are rechargable on Index without buying extras), duh, the Quest itself doesn't. Now you'll say you can pay even *more* to make that a non issue, just as paying *more* to fix the sound just as paying *more* for comfort just as paying *more* for a Wi-Fi 6 router to make wireless PC playability *passable* just as having to have your face within 3 IPD parameters etc., further negating the best price advantage with every little thing. And of course games that wanna be playable on Quest won't use the better tech of Index extensively, that doesn't mean it's not there or that you don't notice it not follow spontaneously when you do perform actions Quest isn't geared for. I mean, there's a reason they had to work so hard and make so much near automatic in Echo VR to make it work with the inside out tracking and it does work better with both CV1 and Index. Might as well go back to Go or PSVR and have devs confined to its limits if that's a good thing and what other devices do doesn't matter. But hey so long as games don't try to innovate as much as the Echo games we're good, or so long as you compromise and work within the limits of your gear as a user, so the Reverb G2 is great too! Games and non games apps that do use better tracking in many ways don't matter either, all that matters is what Quest does in every iteration of it and what it doesn't is superfluous and what it does others don't do the be all end all. And the library is better because of some random shit. And others are fanboys. You'll notice I liked your post where you said Quest is the VR king, as well as recommend the Quest 2 for anyone asking about VR but cut the bullshit and accusations of whoever doesn't agree with that bs.

And no, better products don't sell more by default, that's yet more bullshit pulled out of your ass like most your posts, the price is a factor, just as your shitty car example, there are way better cars, not just sports and concept cars, but what sells the most units is the common low end cheap stuff more people can afford, duh. Just as a subsidised like the Quest $500 console sells more than a $500 gpu. If what sells the most is the best and everything else doesn't matter, VR doesn't matter in the grand field of entertainment that random shit f2p p2w mobile apps dominate in profits by a lot. Just gtfo, there's a Quest specific thread here for you to gloat over the success of what you're fanboying over while accusing others with no argument whatsoever that they're the fanboys, fucking nooblets bringing the retarded console wars mindset in here too, for fuck's sake, nowhere is safe :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

psn

The salt is real. Sounds like you paid $1k for something that was bettered by a product 1/3 the price.

Index does have a better refresh rate and wider FOV. Sound is moot as you can wear headphones. Tracking is better in the Index, yep, if you really want to split hairs, but the setup is a terror comparatively speaking. Controllers are up for debate, but we'll give that to the Index too for giggles.

Sorry, beyond that, you have nothing. Q2 wins on price, library, setup, resolution, screen quality, mobility, accessibility, support, and its PCVR integration is certainly as good as the Index after the most recent update. You can waggle your dick over 15ms latency if you'd like. The picture looks better, and the tracking is equal, practically (in-game) speaking.

I have an Index kit for testing purposes, and the only time it is worn is when something needs a debug. It never travels, and nobody who comes over wants to use it. The Q2 is simply the better choice.
There is no salt. I also have a Rift S here, which is still the better choice for PCVR if you want to go the oculus route. The tracking is not only marginally better, it is much better. The tracking on the Q2 has more latency because of its inside out tracking. Even in basic games like beat saber you will miss much less on the Index because of the more accurate and faster tracking.

"and its PCVR integration is certainly as good as the Index after the most recent update"
No, it isn't. The PCVR integration is basically 72 Hz and adds latency.

"Sorry, beyond that, you have nothing."
Index sweetspot is much bigger, the Q2 is only sharp in the centre and gets blurry off-centre.

Also: You CAN wear Headphones. You could do that on the Rift S as well. But you don't need to on the Index. And they add additional weight to your head and make the Q2 even less comfortable.

As for the Library: You can use Revive to play Oculus games on the Index, Vive etc. Nothing special.

Setup: I didn't know that is a thing. The setup on the Index takes what, 5mins? Less? You do it once and you're done. Such a big advantage for the Q2!

You're so desperate to list something that you wrote "screen quality" and "resolution", while in reality, the screen on the Q2 is just a single cheap LCD with a slightly better resolution, worse framerate and contrast / brightness. That's why you can't have a native IPD slider anymore. Even the Q1 was better in that regard.

We could go on and on, but every advantage of the Index (even though framerate, fov and tracking are like the basics of the vr experience) is negible to you anyway while a single advantage of the Q2 is the most important in VR history to you. Also, as you said, the cousin of your friends neighbour and his mum never use the Index you have for debugging, they all want the Q2 since it's the hottest fn thing. And not because of the price, but because it also performs much better. Thanks for the insight.

As I said, price / performance wise, I also think the Q2 is better. It is just not THE best hmd all around.

Last edited:

magaman

Banned
There is no salt. I also have a Rift S here, which is still the better choice for PCVR if you want to go the oculus route. The tracking is not only marginally better, it is much better. The tracking on the Q2 has more latency because of its inside out tracking. Even in basic games like beat saber you will miss much less on the Index because of the more accurate and faster tracking.

"and its PCVR integration is certainly as good as the Index after the most recent update"
No, it isn't. The PCVR integration is basically 72 Hz and adds latency.

"Sorry, beyond that, you have nothing."
Index sweetspot is much bigger, the Q2 is only sharp in the centre and gets blurry off-centre.

Also: You CAN wear Headphones. You could do that on the Rift S as well. But you don't need to on the Index. And they add additional weight to your head and make the Q2 even less comfortable.

As for the Library: You can use Revive to play Oculus games on the Index, Vive etc. Nothing special.

Setup: I didn't know that is a thing. The setup on the Index takes what, 5mins? Less? You do it once and you're done. Such a big advantage for the Q2!

You're so desperate to list something that you wrote "screen quality" and "resolution", while in reality, the screen on the Q2 is just a single cheap LCD with a slightly better resolution, worse framerate and contrast / brightness. That's why you can't have a native IPD slider anymore. Even the Q1 was better in that regard.

We could go on and on, but every advantage of the Index (even though framerate, fov and tracking are like the basics of the vr experience) is negible to you anyway while a single advantage of the Q2 is the most important in VR history to you. Also, as you said, the cousin of your friends neighbour and his mum never use the Index you have for debugging, they all want the Q2 since it's the hottest fn thing. And not because of the price, but because it also performs much better. Thanks for the insight.

As I said, price / performance wise, I also think the Q2 is better. It is just not THE best hmd all around.

Q2 PCVR is 90hz with near-zero latency (16ms) with wireless :messenger_grinning_smiling: . 72hz? You're just straight-up lying now, homie. If you really want to big-dick around over a 16ms full wireless PCVR experience then, lol, you do you.

Index is more comfortable - debatable, as Oculus has options here.
Index has a real IPD slider - Okay. I've not missed one, personally. Some people might.
Index sweetspot is much bigger - Okay. I've not really noticed any issue on Q2.

Screen quality - Oops! I hit a nerve. Someone's mad that the Index's display is inferior (by a long shot, mind you). I don't give a crap what the tech is - if it works better, it works better. And the Q2 absolutely dismantles all other headsets here aside from the G2.

Setup - HUGE advantage for the Q2. Imagine trying to play VR in other rooms in your house with the Index. Hilarity ensues. It may not be a big deal for tryhards, but it matters to a common consumer who, you know, doesn't sit in the same room at all times. I can take this to play at a friend's house within 10 seconds, shift to the living room wirelessly, and anywhere in between. Want to play outside or in a big warehouse for a 1:1 experience with that Index? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Re: Desperate - :messenger_grinning_smiling: So salty. The Q2 is superior to both the common consumer (price vs. performance) and a lot of enthusiasts who are willing to admit that their $1k investment has been bettered in many ways, particularly those that count, by a glorified mobile device. Again, having both, my Index is covered in dust and no one who comes over even cares to use it. It's a fine headset, but needlessly expensive for what it is, particularly since the Q2 has two years of tech advancement over the Index. I mean, lol, the Q2 has actual hand tracking. Without controllers.

Last edited:

psn

Q2 PCVR is 90hz with near-zero latency (16ms) with wireless :messenger_grinning_smiling: . 72hz? You're just straight-up lying now, homie. If you really want to big-dick around over a 16ms full wireless PCVR experience then, lol, you do you.

Index is more comfortable - debatable, as Oculus has options here.
Index has a real IPD slider - Okay. I've not missed one, personally. Some people might.
Index sweetspot is much bigger - Okay. I've not really noticed any issue on Q2.

Screen quality - Oops! I hit a nerve. Someone's mad that the Index's display is inferior (by a long shot, mind you). I don't give a crap what the tech is - if it works better, it works better. And the Q2 absolutely dismantles all other headsets here aside from the G2.

Setup - HUGE advantage for the Q2. Imagine trying to play VR in other rooms in your house with the Index. Hilarity ensues. It may not be a big deal for tryhards, but it matters to a common consumer who, you know, doesn't sit in the same room at all times. I can take this to play at a friend's house within 10 seconds, shift to the living room wirelessly, and anywhere in between. Want to play outside or in a big warehouse for a 1:1 experience with that Index? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Re: Desperate - :messenger_grinning_smiling: So salty. The Q2 is superior to both the common consumer (price vs. performance) and a lot of enthusiasts who are willing to admit that their $1k investment has been bettered in many ways, particularly those that count, by a glorified mobile device. Again, having both, my Index is covered in dust and no one who comes over even cares to use it. It's a fine headset, but needlessly expensive for what it is, particularly since the Q2 has two years of tech advancement over the Index. I mean, lol, the Q2 has actual hand tracking. Without controllers.
Lying? With the link cable it is 72Hz. Half the refresh rate. And wireless is not even comparable because the image quality takes such a huge hit and defeats every purpose of a higher resolution display. You just have a worse Rift S then. Oh, but it's wireless, duh!

"Setup - HUGE advantage for the Q2. Imagine trying to play VR in other rooms in your house with the Index. Hilarity ensues. It may not be a big deal for tryhards, but it matters to a common consumer who, you know, doesn't sit in the same room at all times. I can take this to play at a friend's house within 10 seconds, shift to the living room wirelessly, and anywhere in between. Want to play outside or in a big warehouse for a 1:1 experience with that Index? :messenger_grinning_smiling: "

Well that's what wireless is for. But why should I switch back and forth between rooms? I have a 60m² living room and use it for room scale vr. Why should I go into a different room? It is not important for me, nor is it important to anyone I know. But that is just subjective. It's the same argument for laptops instead of desktop pc's. I couldn't care less if anyone is able to take his laptop to a friends house while I have to play at my desk at home. And the Q2 is more like a mobile phone for gaming. Standalone, the graphics are - as you would expect from a mobile processor - much worse. And as a PCVR device it is not even comparable because you lose the only advantage - the resolution. Or the refresh rate, when you use it wired. But then you lose the wireless feature. You act like it shits on every other headset whiel in reality it is just a compromise in every aspect. As I said, it's the best wireless headset. If you need it - so be it.

BTW: Can I have a pic of your Q2 and the Index altogether with your nickname on a small piece of paper? It sounds like you're just talking trash, sorry. Downplaying every possible advantage while praising everything the Q2 does is - you know - a fanboy thing to do.

I could sell the Index for the price I bought it for because of shortages and just buy a Q2. Could save me some 700 bucks by doing so. But I still keep the Index because the advantages of the Index are more important to me than the wireless aspect and the slightly better resolution. Insane, right?

Last edited:

Resenge

And wireless is not even comparable because the image quality takes such a huge hit and defeats every purpose of a higher resolution display. You just have a worse Rift S then. Oh, but it's wireless, duh!
I have had a lot of fun watching you guys duke it out and have no wish to pick a side (I do not have an Index) but just wanted to step in and correct a little missinformation here. Virtual Deskop is magic
tenor.gif

and is comparible with Rift S, so much so that I dont use my Rift S anymore and exclusively use Virtual Desktop on Quest 2, just because it looks so good and I cba to setup my Rift S any longer.

also
Lying? With the link cable it is 72Hz. Half the refresh rate.
Yet
90hz now works over the link cable and it'.s mental Never have i seen HL alyx look this good..
I haven't used the link cable so I cannot verify this but Spukc wouldn't lie, hes an upstanding member of the community! :messenger_smirking:

Ok back to

409.gif

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What am I reading?

Index has a wider FOV
Index has better Sound

Grats you just compared a 1200 dollar product to a 300 dollar product, i hope you feel stupid
no sane person should spend money on an index now the quest 2 is a thing.

psn

Grats you just compared a 1200 dollar product to a 300 dollar product, i hope you feel stupid
no sane person should spend money on an index now the quest 2 is a thing.
Grats you can't read.
Price / Performance wise yes. Other than that, the Index is still king.

Also: Enthusiasts exist. Don't judge others by one's own standards.

I have had a lot of fun watching you guys duke it out and have no wish to pick a side (I do not have an Index) but just wanted to step in and correct a little missinformation here. Virtual Deskop is magic
and is comparible with Rift S, so much so that I dont use my Rift S anymore and exclusively use Virtual Desktop on Quest 2, just because it looks so good and I cba to setup my Rift S any longer.

That's cool and all, but I never said it isn't comparable to a Rift S. I said the advantage of the better resolution is gone.

If 90Hz on a link cable works without dropping the resolution that's great as well. But it is - after all - 90Hz. Which is good, but doesn't change the fact that the Index does it better.

I don't want to belittle your beloved Quest 2. It is a great device, especially for the price. And if you can live with facebook in the background, enjoy the heck out of it. But as I said in my first post: It has the best price / performance right now. But it is NOT the best device overall. Which makes sense, considering it's pricepoint.

Last edited:

Resenge

but I never said it isn't comparable to a Rift S
I bet to differ.
wireless is not even comparable because the image quality takes such a huge hit and defeats every purpose of a higher resolution display. You just have a worse Rift S then. Oh, but it's wireless, duh!
It is not worse than Rift S, In fact its better, 90hz over 80hz. I think thats why they are abandoning the Rift line, Quest 2 is easily capable to take it over.

Again I am not disagreeing with your other points, I do not own an Index to compare. Just offering some real world experience is all.

Tbh I was all on the Index train ready to get one, I have the lighthouses from my original Vive still but after using inside out tracking and Virtual Desktop on Quest I am not sure I want it. I enjoy the freedom of not being tied to lighthouse tracking anymore, although I know its superior to Inside out tracking, the tracking on the Rift S and now the Quest is easily good enough for me and most people to play. I think personally I prefer the freedom and quick setup of the Quest over a tethered headset. Just put it on and go, I also feel thats what VR needs to push it into the masses.

I am still looking at tethered headsets though if there is something special, I was interested in the G2 until it was confirmed the tracking is still pants, which is a shame.

Last edited:

Alexios

Thank you. Now that's over with as ad hominem was all there was, yeah, people are weird, irl and in VR..:

Last edited:

Alexios

This, basically, climbing game looks potentially interesting and just had its first demo released on Steam:

Last edited:
good news for flight sims and arcade dogfight fans:

ivanovich specializes in translations of arcade games to VR, with different levels of immersion for comfort. Fine games like Operation Arcade and Touring Karts. This one is quite promising and hopefully Quest native :messenger_sunglasses:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Could you PLEASE refrain from posting thousands of twitter posts???

This side is a STRUGGLE to load. Makes it really unpleasant to look at all the posts. Im sorry
I thought it was just me and my jurassic-era computer, it's the reason I hesitate to check this topic and end up missing out on lots of stuff. Am I wrong thinking this shouldn't slow down any computer that's less than 10 years old to a crawl?

Top Bottom