• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC: Spoiling games with mods

keraj37

Better texture mods are cheats now?

You are missing my point.

I modded quick save into Kingdom Come Deliverance and I don't regret it. The standard save feature was nuts.

So you play KCD not like the devs made it - many things were calculated in the gameplay and balance taking in account saviour shnaps (I don't remember spelling sorry).

You do you as they say, but I agree with all you here who play PC games as they were designed.

You are missing my point.

So you play KCD not like the devs made it - many things were calculated in the gameplay and balance taking in account saviour shnaps (I don't remember spelling sorry).

You do you as they say, but I agree with all you here who play PC games as they were designed.
The alternative was I refund the game and never play it again. What do you think the developers would prefer?

keraj37

The alternative was I refund the game and never play it again. What do you think the developers would prefer?

Well, good point here, somehow but I never said you are banned from modding games :) You do what you like, I have spoiled my fun and I have made my decisions.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
You are like an alcoholic who blames beer companies for your disease. Don't blame mods for your lack of self control, blame yourself.

Also, this is the most millennial thread in a while.

Last edited:

Bkdk

If you need mods (on every game you play) to enjoy games you are missing the entire point of playing games in the first place. It reminds me of those people that buy heavy bass headphones (beats) that would rather listen to bass than the actual song.

98fPdug.jpg

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM mods let me play vidya more mommy!
With western developers always making ugly female characters, I’m gonna need mods for all of them. Also better textures, alternate lighting and shaders and optimization for PC ports, unofficial bugs fix is almost always a necessity. Mods are also essential for many Japanese games for save anywhere function. I simply don’t do second or more playthroughs on Games without any modding capabilities so yes, I’d say modding is essential for basically all the games. Unless that game is some super linear 2 hour visual novel which I can just finish it on YouTube.

nkarafo

That's called lack of self control. It's not a problem with mods.

I'm glad i can mod games, recently i discovered i can make RE2's washed out graphics bearable with a simple reshade adjustment. This tiny thing made me want to replay the game.

I hate mods, i hate different graphics settings.

I want to play the artists vision.
I agree in most cases but is there any reason RE2 has completely washed out blacks in dark areas and low contrast?

Also, is low frame rate and terrible frame pacing taken as artistic vision? Playing Dark Souls with the resolution/frame rate fix somehow messed it up?

And if yes then which port/version is the one that the artist intended? Console versions seem to differ a lot. They have different frame rates, resolution, texture details, etc. So which one is correct?

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Choices are entirely superficial and non canon when we are talking about mods. People use them for "fun" since said people can't just play a game for what it is. We both agree on this front so why even quote me?

Because we don't agree and your original post was dead stupid: the only point of games is to have fun. That's what games are supposed to be.

The only difference between a person who uses mods and you is that you settle for someone else's definition of fun.

Vanilla Skyrim is the missionary position. Live a little.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Because we don't agree and your original post was dead stupid: the only point of games is to have fun. That's what games are supposed to be.

The only difference between a person who uses mods and you is that you settle for someone else's definition of fun.

Vanilla Skyrim is the missionary position. Live a little.
Vanilla Skyrim is full nelson though.

Top Bottom