• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC MODDER CREATES FULLY FUNCTIONING WATER COOLED PLAYSTATION 5

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Very impressive.
watercooled-PS5-1-e1615129082353-1024x691.jpg
They literally took apart the entire PS5 and made it water cooled which is better than regular cooling.
watercooled-PS5-7-320x216.jpg

Interesting also that if Sony did go with two fans the console would have been much cheaper. More pics are in the link.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I used my medium sized brain and play with headphones (the oft maligned Sony Gold's v1) and coil whine disappears.

I used my medium sized brain and play with headphones (the oft maligned Sony Gold's v1) and coil whine disappears.
No, no it doesn't.
Was sitting 3m away from my PS5 and I only play with headphones (ATH M40x) and I still could hear that damn sound.
I guess mine was just too loud...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
No, no it doesn't.
Was sitting 3m away from my PS5 and I only play with headphones (ATH M40x) and I still could hear that damn sound.
I guess mine was just too loud...
I must have some other ps5. My is dead silent. No matter if I use headphones or speakers.
Coil whine is only audible if I put my ear to it. It is absolutely normal and not audible normally. It's even quieter than ps4 slim.
That said - as ItsTheNew ItsTheNew said - headphones. If You can still hear it?! You are either an asshole or your ps5 really is broken and it's not coil whine but some other part like fan or screw rattling...
I've also seen many people saying ps5 is super loud but then it turned out they were talking about a fucking disc drive spinning when you install a game....

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Its like the PS5 is contractually obliged to be ugly

Nice controller stand tho

Moneal

I wouldn't say water cooling is better than air cooling. Most cooling solutions are better than what the ps5 has. It has bad airflow. Water cooling's biggest advantages over air cooling is stability and noise. There are fewer spikes in temp compared to air cooling and those spikes are less severe. Many pc air coolers are.great and can beat a lot of water cooling solutions when you compare max temps.

I must have some other ps5. My is dead silent. No matter if I use headphones or speakers.
Coil whine is only audible if I put my ear to it. It is absolutely normal and not audible normally. It's even quieter than ps4 slim.
That said - as ItsTheNew ItsTheNew said - headphones. If You can still hear it?! You are either an asshole or your ps5 really is broken and it's not coil whine but some other part like fan or screw rattling...
I've also seen many people saying ps5 is super loud but then it turned out they were talking about a fucking disc drive spinning when you install a game....
I had the DE, no disc drive. Also yes, I figured it shouldn't be this loud playing PS4 games lol and I sent it back. Now I am still waiting to get a new one. There was no replacement, sadly.

acm2000

Improve cooling for no reason as that's not how consoles control speed AND somehow make the console even uglier.

Very impressive dumpster fire.

Top Bottom