• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Show 2020 - (AKA What Will ATLUS Announce?????) - LIVE at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT

Pejo

I wasn't hoping for much on this show, but I wish a spokesman from Atlus was on to talk about P4G coming to PC and what else that meant. This show is horrible so far.

INC

Imagine having diversity in your offering and not every game looking like it came straight out of Sony's first-party studios.

You all need to celebrate games more. Crikey.

You had the indie pc stream, what most of these have been so far

Helios

Apparently PC Gaming Show forgot to include Gloomworld's trailer for whatever reason.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
pc gaming show is always show 90 bad games, and 1 good game

giphy.gif

"hEy GUys, dagz HeRE aND I haVe OpiNioNs"​

The first Mafia getting remade from the ground up is great news - it's by far the best narrative in the series. It's been a long ass time since i last played that game.

Oh my god, too retro? What the fuck does that even mean? Here you go:

Xm7f0tp.png

Why don't people just admit that certain games aren't for them instead instantly dismissing entire swathes of genres, styles and preferences. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Because all they have been fed are heavily marketed cinematic third person action games, and cannot compute any other genres.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Xm7f0tp.png

Why don't people just admit that certain games aren't for them instead instantly dismissing entire swathes of genres, styles and preferences. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Too blocky, too simple.... it's not capturing quake, hexen or whatever You want to capture....

S77

Xm7f0tp.png

Fixed that for you sir.

rrbcC0Y.png

It can easily be used as a cover for any of those shovelware indie games that you get so offended when someone say something bad about.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Because all they have been fed are heavily marketed cinematic third person action games, and cannot compute any other genres.
Oh yeah sure. I had first pc in 1997. If anything, I am an old asshole. My first pc games were Duke Nukem3d, hexen, heretic, quake, blood, shadow warrior.... These are my classics, my fav pc games.
But sure, I've only been fed 3rd person shooters... If anything, I know these type of games too well and can feel that something is not there.
Again - these are all fine but I don't like them going too oversymplistic with the graphics and marketing as retro shooters cause they are not at all

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Fixed that for you sir.

rrbcC0Y.png

It can easily be used as a cover for any of those shovelware indie games that you get so offended when someone say something bad about.
Lol it's fine if you don't like certain games but some of the "hot takes" in this thread are just dumb. At least try to be clever when raging on games, thanks.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Mafia remake looks fantastic. But what they did to Tommy. They massacred my boy. His face and voice are all gruff now? Wasn't the point of the original that he was a simple, everyday taxi driver? He is not a hardened criminal like others. what are they doing
I've finished mafia 1 like 10 times as a teen... and I don't recognize any of the guys. At that point, why not make another 30s gangster game and not remake mafia?

Last edited:
Oh yeah sure. I had first pc in 1997. If anything, I am an old asshole. My first pc games were Duke Nukem3d, hexen, heretic, quake, blood, shadow warrior.... These are my classics, my fav pc games.
But sure, I've only been fed 3rd person shooters... If anything, I know these type of games too well and can feel that something is not there.
Again - these are all fine but I don't like them going too oversymplistic with the graphics and marketing as retro shooters cause they are not at all

I don't mean anything even remotely serious by that ridiculous generalization, don't sweat it. I absolutely love all those games that you mentioned and those are some of the games i think about wen i say that one of my favorite genres are first person shooters.

Also, i just had a thought that gave me chills. You know what would have made this show for me (still not over yet, but i'm 99.9% sure it's not happening)? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 footage.

VN1X

Banned
Mafia remake looks fantastic. But what they did to Tommy. They massacred my boy. His face and voice are all gruff now? Wasn't the point of the original that he was a simple, everyday taxi driver? He is not a hardened criminal like others. what are they doing
I've finished mafia 1 like 10 times as a teen...
Everyday taxi drivers might as well be considered criminals though. Have you taken a cab recently? You're better off taking pilot classes and buying a Cessna instead.

Last edited:

S77

Lol it's fine if you don't like certain games but some of the "hot takes" in this thread are just dumb. At least try to be clever when raging on games, thanks.

I agree man, there's nothing inherently wrong with any of those games, they all have their playerbase and I'm happy for them that they get the games that they like, it's just that people expected something else from the so called PC Gaming Show. Maybe it's a longshot, but this was supposed to be the E3 PC conference replacement, and we expected titles like:
- Age of Empires IV
- Diablo IV
- Warcraft IV (alot of IVs I know)
- any high caliber new RTS game or something that's more PC-like or even gameplay of 3rd party games that were only shown in trailers at Xbox Series X and PS5 shows

So far there's been nothing.

VN1X

Banned
I agree man, there's nothing inherently wrong with any of those games, they all have their playerbase and I'm happy for them that they get the games that they like, it's just that people expected something else from the so called PC Gaming Show. Maybe it's a longshot, but this was supposed to be the E3 PC conference replacement, and we expected titles like:
- Age of Empires IV
- Diablo IV
- Warcraft IV (alot of IVs I know)
- any high caliber new RTS game or something that's more PC-like or even gameplay of 3rd party games that were only shown in trailers at Xbox Series X and PS5 shows

So far there's been nothing.
But that's the thing, most of the AAA games are also coming to PC. Hell, alongside XBOX Gamepass you now even get some of Sony studios' games on Steam as well. So it's a win win for everyone really. You want AAA games on PC? Have at it! 90% of them are all there. Want more indie-type shenanigans? Then this presentation is the perfect opportunity to show more of them and give them the spotlight they so very much deserve. Sure it's nice to have non-stop megatons in presentations like these (and the PC Gamer Show usually has them near the end) but ultimately I think it does a perfect job of showcasing the broad scope of genres and titles available on the platform.

It's just tiring having to read through slog like "it's too old looking" because they only play Call of Duty, Assassins Creed and FIFA. Just stahp.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

This has been super boring. This new "E3"format has been crap overall. Where the hell are all the megatons?

Top Bottom