• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Games from Xbox Headed to Boosteroid Customers June 1

Topher

Gold Member
We’re continuing to deliver on our promise to bring high-quality, immersive PC games from Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda to more people in more ways. Today, we’re announcing that Deathloop, Gears 5, Grounded and Pentiment will be available to play for Boosteroid members beginning June 1. This is another step to ensure players worldwide have access to great content on their terms.

Boosteroid customers in the Ukraine, the United Kingdom, countries across the European Union, and the United States will soon be able to jump in as Kait Diaz to take on the Horde in Gears 5, team up with friends to survive and explore the backyard of Grounded, attempt to escape a seemingly never-ending timeloop in Deathloop, or experience life in an illustrated world with Pentiment. These four titles are just the start — we’ll regularly add more hits and fan favorites from our extensive catalog of PC games. Boosteroid members will be able to access games purchased through Steam or the Epic Game Store (for eligible titles) to start, with support for games purchased through the Microsoft Store coming soon.

It remains our goal to empower people to play the games they want, with the people they want, where they want, on the devices they want. For those who subscribe to Boosteroid, they can play PC games from Xbox across a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Linux, Android, Android TV, and macOS through an app, and even more devices through browsers and webOS.

This moment builds on our recent announcement that PC games from Xbox are available to NVIDIA GeForce NOW members, and is one of our many partnerships planned globally with a variety of cloud gaming providers, including Ubitus and Nware, and EE in the future. We are committed to enabling players to stream games from Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda, as well as future Activision Blizzard PC games once the acquisition closes, through the cloud gaming service of their choice.

We’ll continue to put players and game creators at the center of everything we do, and we are proud to work with Boosteroid so their members have the choice to find and play their next favorite game from Xbox.

So much for my theory that Nvidia got a special deal.

Vognerful

So much for my theory that Nvidia got a special deal.
if more people are getting benefitted, then why not?

hlm666

What the hell is boosteroid?
Like geforce now, you can play your pc game library from different store fronts via their cloud servers to whatever device you like. Until all this shit with ms/abk publishers have been blocking you from using games you own on steam etc on these services. All your steam games used to work when geforce now launched for example but now a good majority of the aaa have been blocked by their publishers. This was one of the things bought up in the merger shit, the eu ruling made microsoft start letting these services use their games again. I don't see why they need to drip feed the shit though, they should be able to just green flag all microsoft/bethesda titles for these services. It would be nice if the EU pushed this onto all publishers going forward, if I buy a game on steam and want to spend more money on a streaming service to play that game wherever I already have a license and shouldn't be blocked by these asshole publishers.

Three

They will. There is still time for starfield release date.
Dude, look at the games they have vs what they've announced. It's clear they're using that market for games that could do with the increased coverage. The only real notable one is Gears 5 and even that's 3-4yrs old, I bet they announce something gears related in June too and nvidia and boosteriod don't get it.

Where are the more recent games, some that could actually do with high end GPUs in the cloud. Where's Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, etc. I don't think they will give a game with the type of buzz that Starfield has any time soon.

feynoob

Banned
Dude, look at the games they have vs what they've announced. It's clear they're using that market for games that could do with the increased coverage. The only real notable one is Gears 5 and even that's 3-4yrs old, I bet they announce something gears related in June too and nvidia and boosteriod don't get it.

Where are the more recent games, some that could actually do with high end GPUs in the cloud. Where's Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, etc. I don't think they will give a game with the type of buzz that Starfield has any time soon.
We are committed to enabling players to stream games from Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda, as well as future Activision Blizzard PC games once the acquisition closes, through the cloud gaming service of their choice.
These games are first patch. There will be more games for these cloud companies.

Three

These games are first patch. There will be more games for these cloud companies.
They only mention Bethesda by name because it's a subsidiary. We'll see if you're right but I suspect that it wouldn't come. At least not near release.

feynoob

Banned
They only mention Bethesda by name because it's a subsidiary. We'll see if you're right but I suspect that it wouldn't come. At least not near release.
Considering the game is a next gen only, it's their best interest that they do that.
Alot of PC players will not be able to play it due to the system requirements.

Three

Considering the game is a next gen only, it's their best interest that they do that.
Alot of PC players will not be able to play it due to the system requirements.

So is flight simulator yet it's not offered on anything but xCloud.

Like geforce now, you can play your pc game library from different store fronts via their cloud servers to whatever device you like. Until all this shit with ms/abk publishers have been blocking you from using games you own on steam etc on these services. All your steam games used to work when geforce now launched for example but now a good majority of the aaa have been blocked by their publishers. This was one of the things bought up in the merger shit, the eu ruling made microsoft start letting these services use their games again. I don't see why they need to drip feed the shit though, they should be able to just green flag all microsoft/bethesda titles for these services. It would be nice if the EU pushed this onto all publishers going forward, if I buy a game on steam and want to spend more money on a streaming service to play that game wherever I already have a license and shouldn't be blocked by these asshole publishers.

Oh, I see...any good?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Umm. The website is slick (for a Beta), but everything is priced in Euro's which is pretty whack for a service that is supposed to be available outside of the EU.
There's also no way to see what games are available unless you sign up, which is suss as fuck, especially as its not an overly cheap service.

4million users seems kinda improbable to me, where are these users located I wonder?

feynoob

Banned
Umm. The website is slick (for a Beta), but everything is priced in Euro's which is pretty whack for a service that is supposed to be available outside of the EU.
There's also no way to see what games are available unless you sign up, which is suss as fuck, especially as its not an overly cheap service.

4million users seems kinda improbable to me, where are these users located I wonder?
Here is the library.

If you use a free google account, you can access it.

feynoob

Banned
Nah, you're alright. Not going to pass my info (or go through the bother of creating a dummy) just to find out what the actual product is.

Way too much friction for a casual user. Hard pass.
Here is pictures of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom