• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PC Gamer] (PC) Game of the Year 2020: Death Stranding

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Just finished the game two weeks ago. Certainly unique. Not for everyone. I can unterstand both people loving and hating it. Kinda like with RDR2. I myself am kinda in the middle, gravitating towards loving it. Only the game overstaying it‘s welcome kinda tainted it for me. I do not need to see the credits, then play/watch 2 more hours and then watch the credits again....

regawdless

Banned
Sure.

bWvV3aa.gif

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
PC Gamer's PC game of the year is a year old delayed console port? There was absolutely nothing released in 2020 that was designed and developed for the platform worthy of the title?

Gee, I wonder why people think video games media is dead.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I held back for a long time but finally caved and bought it. It’s brilliant. It really grabbed my attention doing something a bit different in a really interesting world with absolutely incredible art direction.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I can't bring myself to get past the 1 hour mark. I've tried multiple times, but the game is so damn boring.

There's so many better choices on PC, MSFS, Deep Rock Galactic, Warhammer 2 DLC, Doom Eternal, Crusader Kings III, Baldur's Gate 3, Hades, Cyberpunk 2077 etc..
Keep on keeping on.

If you can power on to Chapter 3, you might change your mind.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Keep on keeping on.

If you can power on to Chapter 3, you might change your mind.
I know I should, I think I will one day, I've been a Kojima fan forever even if he's a crazy person. Been so infatuated with Total War games as of late. It's a series I've never given much attention to and it's just stunning the amount of Total War games that are pretty exceptional.

How can half life alyx not win this , its a pc exclusive for fucks sake. Pcgamer pure trash more like.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I have played this game a good deal.. it's a really compelling game with a good gameplay loop.. it's not my favourite, i have to say, it's gameplay loop is inferior to mgs5, for one... But it's an important game, and yeah i guess they're trying to be topical about divisiveness, etc, and the virus.. it is probably the single most relevant game

Woo-Fu

Banned
Maybe PC Gamer is based in one of those cities that has been locked down all year long due to the pandemic, and they didn't work from home, and uhhh, they don't have Internet access. That might explain this choice.

Kerotan

Death Stranding is an awesome game, but it's not for everyone. I totally get why some people hate it and I'm not saying that in a fart sniffing type of way.
No game is for everyone. It was still the best game of 2019 and 2020 for pc. 110 hours I put into it. I'd prefer if the combat was that of mgsv but it was still outstanding.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
No game is for everyone. It was still the best game of 2019 and 2020 for pc. 110 hours I put into it. I'd prefer if the combat was that of mgsv but it was still outstanding.
I played it on PC and it was far, far behind Half Life Alyx, which was, in my opinion, an 8.5.

Breakage

From what I've seen, the game looks incredibly easy. There doesn't seem to be a situation where the player is seriously challenged.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Alyx is the superior experience thus should be on top of the list together with MSFS2020 - and this coming from someone with more than 70 hours in DS.. It's is a well crafted walking simulator.

You have to appreciate PC Gamer for not playing politics and going with their heart. It's what it's for the folks biting their lips right now.

On the same note, Hermen is a plant.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
GOTY seems to be picked by this guy

No wonder he picked a walking Simulator when you can't even get past the turoial.
(it's probably not him but it would make sense)

Last edited:
Not sure about being goty, but I liked the games bonkers story. One thing for sure the port was/is one of the best yet. I just wish there was an ultra setting, but the game still looks all right.

ethomaz

Banned
Clearly you missed out on quite a lot of games this gen.
Fell free to disagree with 59 critic GOTY awards and 33 public pool GOTY awards.

I played an amazing game... innovative, old school focused in gameplay.

The more I see of the PC version, the more I really hope it gets a PS5 patch. It seems much more fluid and a decent bit crisper. Seems to scale very well, I would imagine the PS5 can run it at 60fps with improved settings from the PS4 version.

Top Bottom