• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamer: I'm Turning off DLSS in Favor of AMD's FSR in Dying Light 2

Amiga

"Yeah, I'm shocked, too. I'm actually going to nix DLSS in favour of AMD's FSR even when playing Dying Light 2 on an Nvidia GPU. And I never thought I'd say that about any game when the red team first released its spatial upscaler. DLSS has historically been the better-looking solution, but with Dying Light 2 it's the first time I prefer the look of AMD's tech."

hdHjwRrSdiSrLQzTriq3Wo-1536-80.jpg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I only heard the opposite… even DF said DLSS looks way better than FSR in this game.

BTW looks like cherry pick or made up pics.

Edit - FSR.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ugh, I normally don't comment on these types of threads but the responses and other analysis speak volumes without this outlet saying this just because.

//DEVIL//

I mean. I am in favor of competition and I support it. I can't wait to XeeS from Intel or whatever its called. FSR is not even close to DLSS at its current stage.

Sentenza

haven't heard anyone agree with this and DFs direct comparison is very unflattering for FSR. This must be clickbait.
It's PC Gamer, being awful and having the WORST advices for anyone into PC gaming is pretty much their defining feature these days, and they are COMMITTED to it, too.

Everything about that article is a trash fire. Jesus Christ when did PC Gamer become Polygon-tier trash?

Even is their shitty 1080p examples I can see missing detail in the native and FSR images that were fixed with DLSS. Not to mention the performance boost DLSS allows which is a huge boon on a 3050.

If you just want sharpening there are a ton of options in Reshade and Nvidia has their own sharpening that works just like FSR.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Some of you here need to read the article before commenting on this and no PC gamer has not lost his mind. And you have to be utter dumb to get into a proxy war of DLSS and FSR. DLSS is not infallible. He is talking about 3050 and 6500XT here. All upscaling solutions work better at higher resolutions not lower resolutions and at the end of the day they are based on data and rendering budget. Things can look worse on DLSS depending on how the game engine is handling aliasing.

FingerBang

Using DLSS performance to play at 4K on my TV (55" C1 OLED) at around 2.5 meters and the game looks fantastic. I'm actually surprised at how well and how nice it runs. Am I trying to say that this dude at PC Gamer is wrong? Nah, I'm just bragging.

He is though.

Kappa

This is dumb article. But in practice both are really bad when you are actually playing, i cant stand either it makes the picture quality so bad and blurry. And no dlss never looks better than native

Last edited:

SantaC

Choosing one over the other is shilling?

The current DLSS literally looks better than native and gives you more performance you can apply to higher settings or higher framerates. It's literally win-win.

Why would you opt not to use it if available?
No blur filter is better than native. How shill can you be?

JRW

Most other comparisons on these types of subjects are an absolute joke when compared to Digital Foundry's detailed analysis videos. Been watching DF for years they're not bias and will call out Nvidia or AMD as needed.

manfestival

Choosing one over the other is shilling?

The current DLSS literally looks better than native and gives you more performance you can apply to higher settings or higher framerates. It's literally win-win.

Why would you opt not to use it if available?
>DLSS literally looks better than native
and you got triggered over the shilling comment? Kinda sus ngl

Excess

Some games actually have a sharpening filter for DLSS, which will simulate the look he's describing. Sharpening can look really good on some games, depending on what you're playing, but it just shows that this is click-bait, because it's apples-to-oranges with DLSS and FSR.

Top Bottom