• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PC Gamer] Horizon: Zero Dawn PC Specs revealed

The Minimosaur:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX 6300@3.5GHz
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 100 GB available space
The Recommendiraptor:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 100 GB available space
Source

Also if you think you've seen this before, it's because you did around July 3rd.

Remember this photo that I took that saw the RX 580 average 60fps at 1080.

ngak7lh.png

And it's not even that much faster than a RX 480. The R9 290 will likely shoot way over 1080p/30fps/PS4 Pro settings.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I can't make my mind up whether to double dip and get this or wait and see if they do a patch for the PS5.

Faenrir

Great, i have a 1600x with a RX580 so i should be fine.
I might upgrade soon, though, as i like playing with 3 screens ^^

Mithos

~60fps v-sync off though.

So I wonder what a v-syncs bench would have been. (not everyone have free or g-sync).

drotahorror

It's releasing on Steam so where there is a will, there is a way.

Someone's gonna make a Jurassic Park mod and it will be awesome.

First mod will be Aloy's tiddies.

Joking aside, those specs are pretty decent. Guerrilla is a bunch of wizards to get the game running on PS4 and looking so good.

Mithos

Get freesync :messenger_beaming:

When there is a 50" I can afford (€600 or there about)

Edit:
I don't want to downgrade the inch size, anymore then 144hz people want to go back to 60hz or 4k/1440p people want to go back to 1080p.
So it's going to be awhile before I personally get VRR/Free/G-Sync.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully I can play it at 1800p 30 fps PS4 settings or 1080p 30 fps maxed out on a RX580 FX 6300.

looking for higher quality textures on the PC release as well.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So a 1080Ti/2080 should do 4K60 without a sweat, nice.
That's.... highly doubtful. You can't run both AC Origins and AC Odyssey on these cards in 4K 60 for example.
But I hope for at least ~1900p, which'll be more than good enough for me :messenger_relieved:

Last edited:
I really disliked the story of the game when I beat it, but as an admitted graphics whore im tempted to double dip just to load it on my 2080 super and walk around looking at shit and taking pics/video :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:
We really have to stop using horribly optimized Ubi games for pc to make points lol
Have you played Watch_Dogs 2? Well, there's a reason why I haven't mentioned this game in my post.
Death Stranding is probably much closer to what we're looking at. Same engine and all.

It needs a 2080 Ti to maintain 60fps at 4K 99% of the time. A 2080S isn't quite enough and will dip to the high 40's under heavy load. I suspect nothing short of a 2080 Ti will net you 60fps at 4K.

Is this an example of how games can both look amazing and be very performant on moderate hardware if the dev puts in the extra time to optimize it properly? Does that mean that most PC games are just not optimized well enough? Or does this game look like shit on PC? I'm confused.

GreyHand23

Is this an example of how games can both look amazing and be very performant on moderate hardware if the dev puts in the extra time to optimize it properly? Does that mean that most PC games are just not optimized well enough? Or does this game look like shit on PC? I'm confused.

It's not possible to optimize perfectly for every possible PC configuration. Consoles are fixed hardware which make it much easier to optimize solely for those specs.

Mista

Banned
That means I can easily hit 4K/60 on my rig. Which means at 2K I’ll be hitting even more.

Well, I surely expected more demand out of this game.

Holammer

Whats the better game, this or Spiderman?

I'll let you know once they release Spiderman on PC. (j/k, or am I?)

Anyway, I like how Guerilla went the extra mile to tickle the balls of PC players with ultra-wide, unlocked framerate, dynamic foliage/improved reflections and the well presented display/graphics settings. Even a freakin' benchmark. Many features that no doubt will be found in the PS5 upgrade version, but still.
For a PC gamer this is the equivalent of Brigitte Bardot panting 'Je t'aime' in your ears.

Death Stranding is probably much closer to what we're looking at. Same engine and all.

It needs a 2080 Ti to maintain 60fps at 4K 99% of the time. A 2080S isn't quite enough and will dip to the high 40's under heavy load. I suspect nothing short of a 2080 Ti will net you 60fps at 4K.

with DLSS on hes bouncing between 70-94 fps in 4K. I have a 2080 Super, i9900, and 32gb of RAM so I think I'd be fine too

But then again I really didn't like Death Stranding that much either and aside from the ending and a few parts I really didn't enjoy it on my ps4 pro play through. I definitely won't be slogging through that game again lol

Edit: Then again the skips, jitters, and such that hes seeing make me think even though hes hitting 70-94fps in 4K...it still looks kinda iffy lol

Last edited:
with DLSS on hes bouncing between 70-94 fps in 4K. I have a 2080 Super, i9900, and 32gb of RAM so I think I'd be fine too

But then again I really didn't like Death Stranding that much either and aside from the ending and a few parts I really didn't enjoy it on my ps4 pro play through. I definitely won't be slogging through that game again lol

There’s no DLSS in HZD as far as we know. The 2080S hovers around the 60 marks but often dips below so I wouldn’t recommend it for 4K/60. Could probably do 1800p/60 but 1800p isn’t even in the resolutions available for this game.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Looks like 4K30 for my 1080 + 3770k, I'd really like to see these new graphical features so I'm happy to play in the same framerate as PS4 Pro but with (hopefully) quite a bit better image quality.

Can you see the dynamic foliage in a video anywhere?

Looks like 4K30 for my 1080 + 3770k, I'd really like to see these new graphical features so I'm happy to play in the same framerate as PS4 Pro but with (hopefully) quite a bit better image quality.

Can you see the dynamic foliage in a video anywhere?
In the trailer of early July. It’s like 2 seconds though.

Tomeru

When there is a 50" I can afford (€600 or there about)

Edit:
I don't want to downgrade the inch size, anymore then 144hz people want to go back to 60hz or 4k/1440p people want to go back to 1080p.
So it's going to be awhile before I personally get VRR/Free/G-Sync.

Some things are worth reduction in size

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The game engine in Horizon Zero Dawn (decima) is what makes the game works, think about it running on a PC.

Whats the better game, this or Spiderman?
I think this is much, much better than Spiderman. That's a great game too, but it gets very repetitive and the environments are kind of samey throughout the whole game. Much more variety in HZD I think, and a lot more freedom and stuff to do. If you like that sort of thing.

Freeman

Banned
One of the few Sony exclusives I tried that didn't click with me so I didn't play it much yet, looks like my PC would run it much better than my Pro but I ain't buying it again...

Last edited:
Top Bottom