• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAYDAY 3 will be using Unreal Engine, gets first screenshot

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

PAYDAY 3 is currently in a design phase, and there is no ETA on when it will come out. In October 2019, Starbreeze claimed that it was planning to release the game in 2022/2023. Thus, we can safely assume that PAYDAY 3 will be a next-gen game. Whether it will be using Unreal Engine 4 or Unreal Engine 5 remains a mystery at this point.

6e9e0b65-b687-41d4-aff6-162e2950857d.jpg

MiguelItUp

It's so dark, lol. I'm actually curious about what they could do to make Payday 3 more entertaining. Payday 2 was cool for a bit but man, it got really repetitive.

Rikkori

Could be great if the publisher & devs stop stepping on their own dicks all the time and knee capping their game. If they had simply focused on Payday 2 instead of letting it rot & trying to diversify into various other failed endeavours this would've been a much bigger game, and better for it. Even still, with all that, Payday 2 was a lot of fun. Too bad they couldn't focus.

Last edited:
"Payday 3 gets..." a fuckload of DLC that you actually need to buy to be remotely competitive (as far as a co-op game goes) in higher difficulties, I assume?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
It will prolly come with no content at all, just a few maps and all the extra stuff will cost a lot + huge mt. 0 hype for it.

jigglet

Banned
Isn't this the game they rushed into development to ward off bankruptcy? I can't imagine that breeds a very nice environment to work in.

Top Bottom