• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Thurrott: Microsoft is apparently holding a "what's new for gaming" event on March 23

Vasto

UcKsCPO.jpg

reksveks

Not entirely sure this is like, an Xbox event, could be a more MS thing with a focus on Direct X and cloud tech, all from the tech side of things
Yeah, Microsoft gaming events are typically tech focus so directx, playfab and all the other gaming tech that they sell.

I would like them to maybe have some demo on direct io and direct ml. When is GDC again?

Edit GDC is 15-19th March

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
If this a Microsoft event, more than an Xbox event, it won't be focused on gamers - it'll be focused on investors, press, and industry folk. This will likely be clarifying the appropriate specifics of the acquisition and outlining their plans. I wouldn't expect game announcements here, so we may get confirmation of which titles will be going Xbox exclusive.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
If this a Microsoft event, more than an Xbox event, it won't be focused on gamers - it'll be focused on investors, press, and industry folk. This will likely be clarifying the appropriate specifics of the acquisition and outlining their plans. I wouldn't expect game announcements here, so we may get confirmation of which titles will be going Xbox exclusive.
I'm sure they will discuss one new game announcement with a video, saying it is a sign of the future on Xbox. A missed open goal if not.

Well, after that State of Play and Nintendo Direct, the pressure is off. It would be difficult to do much worse than those, unfortunately.

Top Bottom