• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patty Jenkins Rogue Squadron scrip leaked

Lupingosei

Banned
I got to read an early script of Patty Jenkins new Rogue Squadron movie and I can give you a synopsis.

It will feature the gold squad an all-female X-wing squad. These women are badass they are the best pilots in the rebellion.

The first act is a 20-25 minutes is a flashback of their fights during the attacks on the first and second Death Star. How they did all the work and how Luke, Han and Lando got all the glory. It is about their sacrifices and how they rescued all of them all over again, so they could blow up the Death Stars. You will see a fantastic scene when they maintain their X-Wings during the ceremony after the first Death Star explosion and when they get asked by a pilot if they will not join, they just replay: “no, somebody has to continue the fight”. This will be such a powerful moment.

The second act is about Moff Grump. He took over a big part of the empire after the second Death Star exploded and the emperor died. He got the Stormtroopers behind them and we see how he got their loyalty through huge rallies like the first order scene in the Force Awakens. One of his Lieutenants will be a young Hux btw. We will witness his rise to power and how he started this xenophobic war against the aliens within his domain. We will witness how the aliens suffer while they must work as slaves for Moff Grump’s empire. This will be about 100 minutes long.

In the third act, (about 30 minutes) the Gold Squadron will start to attack Moff Grump, and together with all the alien races, they will fight him. It will be similar to the United attack in Rise of the Skywalker. There is going to be a lot of action, but at some point, the rebellion and the aliens pull back, because their losses are too high and only the Gold Squad will continue and while Moff Grump teases them on the communications channel, the leader of the Gold Squad will sacrifice herself to fly into the command deck of his huge Super Star Destroyer. Moff Grumps empire will fall apart, and the Gold Squad will finally get the recognition they deserve. There will be a huge ceremony with CGI Luke, Han and Leia will give them the highest honor and will give a fantastic speech about those great heroes in the background and their achievements.

In a post credit scene, we will see Hux escape and join the first order.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
68960314d44515bc0f6fbc95da87c114.gif

Romulus

That trailer that shows the director talking about being a "daughter of a fighter pilot" is fucking lol. How about just be a fighter pilot. Could give fuck less what you're daddy did. Jeez.

It used to be that something this absurd had me knowing that this was a joke post. Nowadays, im not so sure after seeing what Jenkins did with WW84 when she had script duties as well as directorial duty.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
She isn't actually writing the movie.. some dude is but his name not announced.

However, I wouldn't be shocked if it's Paul Feig lol

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Keep women off Star Wars. It's not complicated.
Or create movies with convincing characters and a good narrative that isn’t a poor commentary of the current political landscape based on one group’s misguided perceptions.

Comments like yours are why it’s become easy for people to label all Disney critics as misogynists and handwave away legitimate criticism of their awful films.

I know plenty of women who are passionate about Star Wars and hold the same views on the Disney films as I do. Let’s push for good stories, those exist independent of the gender of the creator and the characters.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Do any of you actually realise the "Force is female" campaign had nothing to do with Star Wars? It was Nike.

Yes we realize this. And it's still Star Wars (cross) branding.

:pie_eyeroll:

sol_bad

Yes we realize this. And it's still Star Wars (cross) branding.

:pie_eyeroll:

It has ... nothing ... to do with Star Wars.

Nike’s “Force Is Female” Campaign​

It’s the 35th anniversary for the iconic Air Force 1s and to celebrate, Nike released multiple versions of the iconic sneaker for women, including a dusty-pink suede version. But before you snub the idea of a campaign that went pink to market for women, know that Nike didn’t just switch up the colour for this campaign—it also put the focus on regional “female forces” who are truly paving the way in their industries, and serving up a whole lot of #careerinspo in the process.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It has ... nothing ... to do with Star Wars.

Nike’s “Force Is Female” Campaign​

It’s the 35th anniversary for the iconic Air Force 1s and to celebrate, Nike released multiple versions of the iconic sneaker for women, including a dusty-pink suede version. But before you snub the idea of a campaign that went pink to market for women, know that Nike didn’t just switch up the colour for this campaign—it also put the focus on regional “female forces” who are truly paving the way in their industries, and serving up a whole lot of #careerinspo in the process.
:messenger_weary::messenger_ok:

sol_bad

I genuinely can't tell if this is a joke or not, God help me.

I honestly can't tell if this satire or not

It's a joke, Rogue Squadron won't even be set during the original trilogy.

"The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy."

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's a joke, Rogue Squadron won't even be set during the original trilogy.

"The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy."
The OP only says there is a flashback to the Death Stars. Then specifically mentions the plot moving forward with Hux.

Kreen101

Or create movies with convincing characters and a good narrative that isn’t a poor commentary of the current political landscape based on one group’s misguided perceptions.

Comments like yours are why it’s become easy for people to label all Disney critics as misogynists and handwave away legitimate criticism of their awful films.

I know plenty of women who are passionate about Star Wars and hold the same views on the Disney films as I do. Let’s push for good stories, those exist independent of the gender of the creator and the characters.

If not for George Lucas' wife Marcia, ANH would have been a shit show.

And I am sure there were a lot of other creative Women working on good parts of Star Wars.

Gender or skin color isn't the issue, lack of talent is.

Star Wars was always male: it came from male minds, dealt with male fantasies, was inspired by serials made for boys, and had for its audience mostly guys. It doesn't mean there were no exceptions, or that women couldn't like SW, but what they enjoyed was a male product, in the same way some guys like books or movies made with a female audience in mind. Nothing wrong or uncommon about any of this, it was always thus.

When you take a male product like SW and change it in a way that downplays its male elements, or makes it more interesting to a female audience, you change it. You don't necessarily make it worse per say, especially depending on your point of view. But you change its essence.

sol_bad

C'mon dude, show me a press release that shows Lucasfilm and Nike working together. Because if it where true there would be a press release because both brands would want to be recognised.

The OP only says there is a flashback to the Death Stars. Then specifically mentions the plot moving forward with Hux.

A 20 minute flshaback? Doesn't make sense.
<__<

Star Wars was always male: it came from male minds, dealt with male fantasies, was inspired by serials made for boys, and had for its audience mostly guys. It doesn't mean there were no exceptions, or that women couldn't like SW, but what they enjoyed was a male product, in the same way some guys like books or movies made with a female audience in mind. Nothing wrong or uncommon about any of this, it was always thus.

When you take a male product like SW and change it in a way that downplays its male elements, or makes it more interesting to a female audience, you change it. You don't necessarily make it worse per say, especially depending on your point of view. But you change its essence.

oh no!!! Females are invited to like something I like, my boy club is ruined.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
C'mon dude, show me a press release that shows Lucasfilm and Nike working together. Because if it where true there would be a press release because both brands would want to be recognised.

A 20 minute flshaback? Doesn't make sense.
<__<
You are being semantical right now. The head of Lucasfilm rocking "The Force Is Female" shirt. All about the optics.

As for the "rumored leaked script," it does sound absurd, but after watching WW84 and seeing how current clown world is across all indoctrination media, would not be shocked if true. It's that absurd to be.

Last edited:

badblue

You are being semantical right now. The head of Lucasfilm rocking "The Force Is Female" shirt. All about the optics.

This is pretty much it. The head of star wars, wearing a shirt (for something unrelated), that uses wording that directly relates to star wars is optically terrible.

It's not like she didn't know how that would look. Kathleen Kennedy apparently said "Do or do not. There is no try. The force is female." at the festival.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Two things:
The OP is funny because the 'Gold Squad' is like the ensemble cast of Star Wars Squadrons where I don't think there was single straight human male pilot on either side. Maybe an exaggeration, but it was very 'woke' lol.
After hearing about the WW84 shitshow I don't really give a single shit about whatever Patty Jenkins is selling. Real bummer because 'Rogue Squadron' has always been a favorite of mine. Would rather have a TV show since big budget cinema has been quite shit for the last two years.

Kreen101

oh no!!! Females are invited to like something I like, my boy club is ruined.
Yes, that's exactly it, actually -- if in order to "invite females" you have the change the product. Some women have always liked Star Wars, but when you make it your goal to get more women to enjoy Star Wars, you have to change it. And when it's changed, it's no longer the old Star Wars, it's something different. Some might say it's better, some might say it's worse. But it's no longer the same thing. That's true of everything when you consciously try to appeal to a different, or even wider audience.

finowns

Me: Qui-Gon Jinn was so right when he said the Jedi had become too detached and political.

Kennedy: the force is female.

😭😭

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I can’t belive that troll is still pulling this shit lol

hey buddy everyone likes women was u blind when Asoka made everyone bust a fan nut?

you can put down the straw men that you continuously hump, it’s getting gross

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
But yes I will probably skip this movie to avoid having the wrong opinion on it and being called a sexist by a man on the internet who is defending a movie also written by a man

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned

This is one of the most pathetic post I’ve read in a while. Holy shit

Top Bottom