• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount invites Star Trek fan to pitch new TV show

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukeoflegs

I don't know if you can do episodic science fiction in 2015 any more. People are still chasing after Lost, so everything needs a season long hook with stupid mysteries and backstabbing mysterious characters and what not.

I hate that. I guess comedies are the only thing that can do that now.

Ithil

It sounds like they know what is at steak...and are taking appropriate countermeasures against any immediate sauces of danger in the Andromeda Galaxy. This all sounds delicious.

Also, please don't let it take place on a pre TNG class ship. I like rapid fire torpedoes and shit.

Ah, delicious steak.

Star Trek Enterprise-Q: An exploration like no other.

Of course, without John De Lancie's Q there'd be no point in ever referencing the Q ever again.
I don't know if you can do episodic science fiction in 2015 any more. People are still chasing after Lost, so everything needs a season long hook with stupid mysteries and backstabbing mysterious characters and what not.

Agreed.

If they bring Trek back it would just fall into being Stargate Universe-2 or something equally grotesque. Completely unfitting to the franchise's legacy... just like those gosh-darned movies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
^^
It's funny, because SyFy basically has three "dark and gritty" shows on at the same time (on the same day!) now and they're about as good as you would expect.
Their saving grace is that it's getting cheap to film in Canada again. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom