• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panzer Dragoon: Voyage Record cancelled following death of Wildman producer and CEO Haruto Watanabe

Bullet Club

Update: Looks like Haruto Watanabe is still alive.

@yasei_no_otoko

I was able to confirm his safety. Detailed follow-up information will be tweeted by the person as soon as it calms down.

I came to the house of a wild man and confirmed it. It's safe. (A lot of friends are gathering, it's a human desire)

Panzer Dragoon: Voyage Record cancelled following death of Wildman producer and CEO Haruto Watanabe​

The virtual reality Panzer Dragoon omnibus game.

Wildman has cancelled the development of Panzer Dragon: Voyage Record—a virtual reality Panzer Dragoon omnibus game initially planned for console, PC, and standalone virtual reality platforms—following the death of company CEO Haruto Watanabe.

A tweet from the game’s official Twitter account reads: “Panzer Dragoon: Voyage Record has been cancelled due to the cancellation of the contract by Sega and the death of the producer, Haruto Watanabe, CEO of Wildman Inc. Thank you for your support.”

The Panzer Dragoon intellectual property is owned by Sega, which licensed its use to Wildman. Details on the death of Haruo Watanabe were not disclosed.

Source: Gematsu

So this was going to be parts of the 3 Saturn PD games in VR: Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

RIP Haruto Watanabe

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
RIP.

The PD series is such an integral part of gaming history. Sad to see the series end like this.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Fuck.
So much bad news in one post.
Anyone know how far along this project was ? Seems bleak, but I hope this sees the light of day in some way.

[Sigma]

Odd that Sega would cancel the game so soon after his supposedly death. RIP though. Sad.

Last edited:

LQX

R.I.P sir.

I hope the Panzer Dragoon series sees another great release. One of my most amazing gaming experiences was playing the Saturn demo at a Nobody Beats the Wiz store.

sn0man

R.I.P sir.

I hope the Panzer Dragoon series sees another great release. One of my most amazing gaming experiences was playing the Saturn demo at a Nobody Beats the Wiz store.
That store was real? I thought it was just a made up thing in Seinfeld.

ranmafan

Such a weird story with the tweets being deleted. Must be more to the story and all. I remembered when this game was announced thinking it sounded like a cool idea, but there had been no info on it ever since. Now this news, hopefully it’s all clarified soon.

ranmafan

Well it’s certainly good to hear that the person is safe and not dead. But it does raise more suspicions about what the heck is going on then? I wonder if there’s a big problem with that project in general? Wouldn’t surprise me.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
His condition has been upgraded to “alive”, hope we can say the same about the condition of the Panzer Dragoon series

Last edited:
Feels like OP could have waited one single hour and this entire thread could be much less of a nothingburger.

But hey, now I know whatever this project is so, I guess, mission accomplished?

00_Zer0

Ok, but is he on his deathbed, perfectly healthy...? Is this game still cancelled or was still this an elaborate hoax?

Top Bottom