• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panzer Dragoon Remake |OT| It's alive and it's panzer-ing

Moogle11

Banned
I bought digitally on Switch just to toss support at the franchise as I always wanted to play Panzer Dragon Saga and hope it gets remade.

Aside from that motivation, I can’t say it was worth $25 as someone who’s not a huge fan of on rail shooters, but it’s a solid game. I went through it once docked with the new controls and once in my Lite with classic controls. Preferred classic.

Glad to see they’re still patching and adding more To give some reasons to play more times. Still worth it to support the franchise in hopes of PDS getting remade eventually.

Kazza

I simply can't allow myself to spend $40+S&H for an hour-long game.

I believe it's only $25. No need to feel guilty anyway. I will buy at $25 as soon as it releases on PC, as I want to support the franchise as well as the rail-shooter genre (plus it will be a fun game of course). You'll probably be able to pick it up for $15 a year from now.

Appleprosy

I believe it's only $25. No need to feel guilty anyway. I will buy at $25 as soon as it releases on PC, as I want to support the franchise as well as the rail-shooter genre (plus it will be a fun game of course). You'll probably be able to pick it up for $15 a year from now.

Yeah, I was talking about the physical copy.

Pansy

The 1.3 patch is due in the next couple weeks. According to the FE Community Manager on Discord, this is what compromises the update:
  1. 60 FPS
  2. Gyro controls
  3. Reduced input and rotation lag.
  4. An Episode 0 and cheat codes
  5. Reworked sound affects
  6. More control options
  7. New animations

Kazza

Man imagine how Zwei is gonna sell if they can keep the graphics looking this good while implementing all the new changes into their most recent update of Panzer Dragoon: Remake. Does my heart good to just think about it.

I do wonder which will sell better. While Zwei is almost universally regarded as the better game, the original might have more nostalgia value for most people. Did Zwei on Saturn sell more or less than the original? I'm really looking forward to it anyway, the devs seem to genuinely like the IP. The sales of this first remake are very encouraging, especially given its current Switch exclusivity - it'll net even more sales once the Xbox, PS4 and PC versions are released (I'm guessing it will be on GamePass too).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Latest patch is available...

Maybe it finally makes it a decent if low budget effort that doesn’t mar the legacy but is a nice update (mostly cos the original is just that outdated even compared to its direct sequel) even if not as grand as one would hope for or expect from the series. We’ll see when it gets on PC I guess.

Gematsu upload in case it's clearer than twitter streaming for some folks.

Last edited:

Kazza

There's also a 20% discount if you own any other Forever published games:

Even if you don't own one now, check out their games, it might work out cheaper to buy one for super cheap just to get the 20% off Panzer.

Orta

Banned
Much, much tighter aiming and the delayed slow floaty camera is gone too.

That's all we asked for and it hopefully bodes well for the far superior Zwei.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Probably runs around 240p (slight exaggeration) when in 60fps mode. Being released on a proper console will greatly help this game.

But otherwise, great effort from the developers.
How about the loadings ? It seems it remains a little long...

Even if i won't buy it on Stadia, I will be curious about the texture improvments, IQ and loadings.

But the main dish will be Zwei on PC for me.

Orta

Banned
Might be worth installing it direct to the Switch hardware. Most people install to sd cards so loading is slower (and its still poor since patch 1.3, about 40 seconds between levels).

I doubt if I'll be getting PDZ for my Switch, will get it for PC instead and double dip on the original when its down to €5 in a steam sale which tbh, is all its really worth. It's nice but €25 for an admittedly simple and dated game that can be completed in a little over 30 mins is scandalous.

Saber

Gold Member
So...when this gonna arrive at other consoles?

Might take too much time that Im gonna end up forgetting this game entirelly.

Kazza

Sega Lord X gave the 1.3 patch a thumbs up. It seems to have cleared up all remaining issues.

Can't wait until we can see some footage of the Zwei remake. Hopefully the same issues they had with the first remake won't show up their. Speaking of Zwei, here's another SLX video:

Kazza

I don't now how long "soon" is, but that's when the PS4 and PC versions are coming:

Apparently the Xbox version will follow afterwards.

Saber

Gold Member
I don't now how long "soon" is, but that's when the PS4 and PC versions are coming:

Apparently the Xbox version will follow afterwards.

After that much time the only thing they can offer is "soon".

Well...I guess is still a good thing. They better pray that my interest is not gone when it launches.

Pejo

Well, "soon" turned out to be real soon, for the PC version at least:

Just 10 days away

Hell yea. A Friday too. Not expecting a ton of graphics options, but I should be able to max this out at 4k no sweat. Please be a decent port.

Saber

Gold Member
Well, "soon" turned out to be real soon, for the PC version at least:

Just 10 days away

Good to know, hope it hits the consoles soon as well.

Also, I might get to see the differences between the Switch version too.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Buh, feels cheap as fuck, disappointing even after lowered expectations after the switch feedback. Why did they remake the FMV if it was gonna be this bad anyway? The graphics aren't great, yeah there are more details (duh) but no effort in making stuff look like they have a real purpose to be made in this manner. No paths and what not at the fortifications and cities and structures, you expected that stuff to be missing on Saturn but not when you can render this much geometry. Some of the issues are in the original but they should have been fixed nonetheless, like the camera views in certain parts or how artificially it limits locking on. Baleeted already.

Edit: force vsync or whatever in your drivers, it's the first time in ages I've seen so much tearing on my 144hz vrr monitor, lol (and it started up forcing 1080p fullscreen, thankfully my desktop didn't re-arrange though and I just set the correct resolution in the options, not a great first impression and it only went downhill after that).

Last edited:

Komatsu

Can’t speak for the PC version but aiming got significantly easier and more accurate on the Switch after a couple of patches

.hacked

Doubled dipped and just played 1st lvl of steam version. Looks great, not many Settings to mess with but runs nice on my laptop. Really can appreciate the enhanced level of detail on everything, looks much nicer than Switch port.

Controls fine, had no problem locking on.

Last edited:

Pejo

Just played through the first level, that's Panzer Dragoon alright. Graphics options are few, but it at least lets bloom haters disable it.

I think I'm really going to have fun with this.

Also, as Alexios Alexios mentions above, make sure you enable vsync manually since there's no option in game for it. (Geforce control panel etc).

Orta

Banned
Just had a quick go on PC, m&kb makes it an absolute breeze. I'm never touching the switch version again.

Hopefully we'll get the sequels now and ffs, no delays.

pd.jpg

Top Bottom