• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake launches in 2021

celsowmbr

Banned
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake will launch in 2021, publisher Forever Entertainment and developer MegaPixel Studio confirmed on Twitter.

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake was announced in December 2018 alongside Panzer Dragoon: Remake. The latter launched for Switch in March 2020, followed by Stadia in June, PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam and GOG in September, and Xbox One in December.

Forever Entertainment has yet to share any official information, images, or video of Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake.

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/panzer-dragoon-ii-zwei-remake-launches-in-2021

Edit:
If you don't know Zwei, I do recommend this video:

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
pRy.gif

SkylineRKR

Day one. Liked PD1 remake a lot since its very faithful but since its so faithful I think the likes of Orta are better purchases since the gameplay improved a lot. Zwei however started these improvements over the original and should play very well still.

GOAT title theme (I know its from 1):

Last edited:
I loved the entire panzer dragoon series for Sega Saturn

So let me get this straight, the remake includes:

Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga/Azel
Panzer Dragoon Orta

??

SkylineRKR

Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga/Azel
Panzer Dragoon Orta

??
They're all separate releases. PD1 remake was released earlier and now Zwei is announced. But Orta is like 10 bucks on Microsoft store and looks baller on the Xbox One and higher consoles.

Saga has been asked about.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia

Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga/Azel
Panzer Dragoon Orta

??
Orta is already perfect on One X, Series S and X. (Switch, PS, PC are needed though)

Panzer Dragoon Remake is a success, Orta topped Xbox Japanese digital charts lately so it's pretty safe to think Saga will finally have a second chance in the upcoming years. (Sega is licensing a lot of IPs, there is no reason they refuse another quick buck. But i would prefer they handle themself this one)

Last edited:
Excellent news! I wonder if it's going to be a timed exclusive for the Switch again. I bought it digital day one on the Switch then bought the Limited Run PS4 Jewel Case edition.

Quasicat

This is literally the last game I have for Saturn that keeps it connected to my TV. It is easily in my top 3 games of all time.

Everything else I have has been rereleased somewhere else. The exception is Saga, but I sold that a year or so ago when I saw the prices were nearing $800.

Orta

Banned
The devs received more than enough feedback on the shortcomings of the original and to be fair to them, there was a lot of direct communication with fans to right the wrongs via the patches and fixes they put out. I'm expecting them to get this one right from the off but I'm not getting the Switch version this time round, I'll go with the PC, its a game really suited to a m&kb.

I have to say, the prospect of a PD trilogy with a modern overhaul really is tantalising. I really hope Orta is next as I want to retire my 360.

Last edited:

Komatsu

'BC'

Is just like 'wHy YoU wAnT RD1 ReMaKe wHeN yOu CaN RuN aT 4K On Xbox?

Pathetic GIF by memecandy

You can remake-beg as much as you want... While we play the game in 4k/60FPS and glorious HDR.

And yeah, by the way: Forever Entertainment specifically mentioned in the original announcement that they don't have the license to Orta - and mention Orta's inclusion in the Xbox BC program.

Fake

Pathetic GIF by memecandy

You can remake-beg as much as you want... While we play the game in 4k/60FPS and glorious HDR.

And yeah, by the way: Forever Entertainment specifically mentioned in the original announcement that they don't have the license to Orta - and mention Orta's inclusion in the Xbox BC program.

Still trying to understand you sir. What next? Playstation games will never come to PC?

Why hurt you so much ask for this remake? I love this game on orignal Xbox, but I don't have with me anymore.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Fake Fake
Ok, i didn't realize you were asking for an Orta remake since it's almost perfect as it is right now. But hey why not in 5 years when FE will improve their engine and have a bigger budget.(ok, i just saw Komatsu's message... guess it's dead for Orta and maybe Futatsugi and Grounding already secured Saga remake)

Last edited:

Fake

Fake Fake
Ok, i didn't realize you were asking for an Orta remake since it's almost perfect as it is right now. But hey why not in 5 years when FE will improve their engine and have a bigger budget.

I not usually adept to port beg, but IMO Orta is one of the best games from original Xbox, in pair with Ninja Gaiden and Conker, for me at least.

I guess is a gem like that deserves a remake, just my two cents. Just like the first RedDead Redemption. I watched in 4k on Series X, but still have some old textures, pop in, etc... not to mention is capped at 30.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
SPOILERS: This will be delayed to 2022, it will be terrible when released regardless.
Still trying to understand you sir. What next? Playstation games will never come to PC?

Why hurt you so much ask for this remake? I love this game on orignal Xbox, but I don't have with me anymore.
You should learn the language before claiming offenses that aren't there.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I not usually adept to port beg, but IMO Orta is one of the best games from original Xbox, in pair with Ninja Gaiden and Conker, for me at least.

I guess is a gem like that deserves a remake, just my two cents. Just like the first RedDead Redemption. I watched in 4k on Series X, but still have some old textures, pop in, etc... not to mention is capped at 30.

So you have a Series X and you ask for an Orta remaster?

Seriously, Orta on Xbox is fucking flawless and costs only 10 bucks. At least give it a try before you dismiss it. I don't even know how a remaster would improve without losing the touch of the original. Perhaps the FMV would be rendered at a higher res but thats w/e.

Fake

So you have a Series X and you ask for an Orta remaster?

I don't have a Series X and I not asking for a remaster, I asking for a remake.

Remaster and Remake are not the same. The game in question here is Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: 'Remake'

SkylineRKR

I don't have a Series X and I not asking for a remaster, I asking for a remake.

Remaster and Remake are not the same. The game in question here is Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: 'Remake'

Yes and you started begging for Orta, which is available in very good shape. But you need an Xbox for that. That game won't come to other platforms sadly, and won't be remade (but, as others pointed out, its not needed.. it looks better than the PD1 remake by the way). So the only option you have is getting a One X, or one of the Series. The same goes for Ninja Gaiden, Sigma will be released on PS4 and One but I can already tell i'm better off with the OG Xbox and 360 versions on my Series S. Bite the bullet if you really want these games back.

Top Bottom