• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panic Button to announce “another major port” for Switch in July

Yagami_Sama

So this on Gematsu :

Panic Button, which ported Doom, Rocket League, and Wolfenstein to Switch, is expected to announce “another major port” for Switch in July, studio co-owner Adam Creighton told Variety.
https://gematsu.com/2018/06/doom-an...nnounce-another-major-port-for-switch-in-july

From their source, :

“We’ve been working on the hardware for a long time, almost six years,” he told Variety in a recent interview. “That’s more than almost any third party.”
During that time Panic Button released original work, but also were the team in charge of bringing “Rocket League,” “Doom,” and soon “Wolfenstein II” to Nintendo’s hybrid console. He said the company is working on another major port expected to be announced next month.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/doom-wolfenstein-ii-switch-aaa-1202843637/

This is quite good news, I hope that they announce The Evil Within or a Fallout game.

What do you guys think ?

Last edited:

FStubbs

Yeah, I think Nintendo does need to hit the panic button. Their lack of games is making mainstream media news.

Zannegan

Panic Button is ri-

Yeah, I think Nintendo does need to hit the panic button. Their lack of games is making mainstream media news.

Dang it. Well played.

Seriously though, I hope Nintendo is preparing some kind of response to the (justifiably) negative reception of their weak E3 presentation. I mean, if they don't have anything to show, there's not much they can do that wouldn't rob later E3s of their surprises. Still, they have to know that a deep dive on one game--top tier though Smash is--one surprise announcement for 2019, and a slew of delays aren't what the people wanted. It's up to them to make sure the Switch has enough games if they want it to keep being successful, and you don't want to come out of your second E3 with no buzz or momentum.

I'm not with the doom and gloom crowd, but they can't let this keep happening if they want the Switch to keep selling like crazy.

Here's hoping for a fun direct in a few weeks and a pumped up release schedule, whoever they have to buy or bribe to make it happen.

Vawn

Banned
I love that were getting excited about a rumor the Switch might be getting another port of an old game. Expectations aren't super high at the moment.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I know there is a crowd that hates remasters, but I am 100% of the belief that Nintendo would be best served by dipping into their library and re-releasing many gamecube, Wii and (especially) Wii U games on the Switch. There are only so many titles they can put out on first party.

I mean seriously who would be disappointed if the following got ported/remastered on Switch,

1. Metroid Prime trilogy - I would go out and buy a Switch right then and there to play that.

2. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Hell remake Ocarina of Time.

3. Mario Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2.

4. Star Fox Adventures.

There are dozens more of popular Nintendo titles that would get people excited.

That is a weapon that Nintendo needs to consider doing. The wait for the next Zelda and Mario game is likely to be 5+ years, nothing wrong with throwing out an older title during the down time.

Excellent news. Panic Button has done gret work bringing over DOOM and Rocket League to the Switch, both excellent in portable and TV mode. My guess is that the game is Grand Theft Auto V.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
NintendDoomed Eternal
Tbh I never heard of panic button until suddenly a lot of third party ports are by them.

Guys play your cards right just be the intermediaries between Nintendo and the people wishing to port. Work your magic port a lot of games, profit and use that to save some money for your own projects in the future also should you know develop it for the switch you know damn well your game is going to run aces on the Switch

I know there is a crowd that hates remasters, but I am 100% of the belief that Nintendo would be best served by dipping into their library and re-releasing many gamecube, Wii and (especially) Wii U games on the Switch. There are only so many titles they can put out on first party.

I mean seriously who would be disappointed if the following got ported/remastered on Switch,

1. Metroid Prime trilogy - I would go out and buy a Switch right then and there to play that.

2. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Hell remake Ocarina of Time.

3. Mario Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2.

4. Star Fox Adventures.

There are dozens more of popular Nintendo titles that would get people excited.

That is a weapon that Nintendo needs to consider doing. The wait for the next Zelda and Mario game is likely to be 5+ years, nothing wrong with throwing out an older title during the down time.
I would be down for Kid Icarus (the 3DS one, uprising I think) in HD on Switch

Last edited:
Since it is a port. I don't believe it is a HD Remake nor do I believe it is a future game. It is probably an existing game, or game coming very soon. Wolfenstein and Doom are too far out.

I would think it could be any of the following:

- Fallout (which I still believe is coming to Switch this year)
- Tomb Raider
- Final Fantasy
- Superman or Mortal Kombat? **If real and launching this year.**
- COD: Battle Royale

****IF there was one "pie in the sky" idea it is:****
- Borderlands 1 HD remake that is allegedly going to be announced.
- PvZ: GW 2 "Deluxe" --- EA announced PvZ was going to get additional content on ALL systems to refresh GW2. PvZ is PERFECT fo the Nintendo crowd.

Last edited:
GTA V is also possible.

Honestly there is a lot of stuff we could speculate on. Older versions of Red Dead 1, Battlefront, Assassins Creed, Madden, Destiny 1 complete, probably some PC games as well. So I think time will tell.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
GTA V would be my guess as well. Still selling well and ran on last gen hardware. I feel like if it was a Fallout or COD we would have heard by now.

Darkhorse prediction: PUBG

Last edited:
Yeah, my only thing with GTA V. Is GTA Online which is the most important part of GTA, requires a large cartridge size. 32 GB and 64 GB carts were delayed. I'm not sure if they will be ready by Black Friday 2018. I'm 100% Panic Button's game is coming prior to Black Friday.

PUBG would be an AMAZING get for Switch. I actually think if they got PUBG & Fortnite, they don't need COD.

Another outlier, where rumors recently popped up again on Imgur and 4chan was Overwatch.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Yeah, my only thing with GTA V. Is GTA Online which is the most important part of GTA, requires a large cartridge size. 32 GB and 64 GB carts were delayed. I'm not sure if they will be ready by Black Friday 2018. I'm 100% Panic Button's game is coming prior to Black Friday.
I mean they'd probably require you to download anything they couldn't fit on a cart just like all the rest of the games that have had that issue.

PUBG would be an AMAZING get for Switch. I actually think if they got PUBG & Fortnite, they don't need COD.

ehh maybe. COD is a bit of a different game than PUBG & Fortnite

Another outlier, where rumors recently popped up again on Imgur and 4chan was Overwatch.

yeah could be Overwatch as well. Seems like a game that should be able to run on Switch.

I mean they'd probably require you to download anything they couldn't fit on a cart just like all the rest of the games that have had that issue.

ehh maybe. COD is a bit of a different game than PUBG & Fortnite

yeah could be Overwatch as well. Seems like a game that should be able to run on Switch.

COD is different. But the rumor For Switch was COD Battle Royale only. No other multiplayer.

So if it is truly Battle Royale only on Switch. (If we get COD at all, which I'm skeptical). It isn't that different than pubg or Fortnite really.

Diablo 3 is out there too, and we know that has been heavily hinted at before.

Not that I know anything, but I don't expect a HD remake or a game that release is far away into 2019. I think they only show a game if it is close to release.

Top Bottom