• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pac-Man World Re-PAK - Reveal Trailer (Nintendo Direct)

Jennings

Pac-Man World was a lot of fun. I'd play a remake if it plays well. Although they should toss in a playable Ms Pac-Man as a bonus.

Last edited:

wondermega

Looks fantastic! The original PacMan World was a fantastic little platformer on the PS1.

Some folks in here are so bitter and jaded that they can’t fathom having fun anymore unless its some AAA, generic open world GAAS title.

I feel like it's a little telling - these type of games are actually a bit few and far-between nowadays, and it's strange since this gameplay style is still pretty valid. I hope it does well!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Looks fantastic! The original PacMan World was a fantastic little platformer on the PS1.

Some folks in here are so bitter and jaded that they can’t fathom having fun anymore unless its some AAA, generic open world GAAS title.

The ones complaining about this being generic, and old and why bother, etc.....are the same ones that creamed themselves when the unnecessary, old and why bother Last of Us remake was announced :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The ones complaining about this being generic, and old and why bother, etc.....are the same ones that creamed themselves when the unnecessary, old and why bother Last of Us remake was announced :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yep. Console Warriors. Mindless drones who don’t actually play games and pretend that anything that isn’t AAA doesn’t exist. Really they just further show their ass whenever they speak.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I thought it looked alright, not one for me probably, but I'd give it a go if there was a demo/gamepass/similar.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
IIRC, its only like 30 dollars? You can probably just try it out for like 15-10 within half a year of its release.

Thanks for the heads up but I'm not buying games right now, unless it's something I definitely want to play right now- I'm never going to catch up with my backlog, but no point adding to it!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Pac Man World Re-Pac Remake vs Original Early Graphics Comparison

Timestamps
Granaliza Intro 00:00
Side-by-Side A 00:10
Side-by-Side B 04:57

Pac Man World RePac was taken from Bandai Namco Anime Expo 2022 Livestream.

To update this thread, Microsoft has unveiled a custom Xbox Series S you can win based off this remake

pacmanxbox2.900x.jpg

it's a very strange looking and messy design. I can't even see the disc slot because there's so much clutter.

The controller is also a complex mess, and the top makes it look like a skin was wrapped around the controller. Usually the Series S custom consoles are symmetrical and and appealing visually but not this one.

To update this thread, Microsoft has unveiled a custom Xbox Series S you can win based off this remake

it's a very strange looking and messy design. I can't even see the disc slot because there's so much clutter.
Uh ? It's a XB Serie S, since when it has a disk slot ?
..Anyway, I love the design of this special edition, at least for the console itself, while I kind of agree with you on the controller being messy

Top Bottom