• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.T. is not playable on PlayStation 5

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Want to give a shout out to my boy Vick Vick for making this thread so all these trolls out themselves. Easy pickings for anyone who wants to ignore people that hop into threads they don't care about just to shit on other people's personal opinion.

Bad news about PT, but a positive overall being able to cut the toxic out.

How sheltered do you need to be that hearing a differing opinion is poison to your soul? Does it really upset you to have a conversation about something you love that when you hear different perspectives it hurts your feelings? Like, you are in for a tough road ahead if that's your stance on shit in general.

Vick Vick and I have our differing perspectives, but I know they are a fan and it's fine to be a hardcore fan and maybe getting defensive is a natural responsive to criticisms of things you love, but I'd never "ignore" Vick Vick . And I think Vick Vick is mature enough to not do the same to me. We've literally disagreed and agreed on a ton of shit all in the same day in 2 different threads.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
At least

Maybe

So... get a launch PS5. Keep it offline. Transfer over PT. Rent a bank lock box. Leave that PS5 in there. Return in a few decades or so.

I did. I had to be patient but then I made enough money to start my music career. Then I used the profits to buy one of the worlds first time machines and I came back here to share of video of me in the middle of that process.

You joke but you're probably not so far from the truth actually. People managed to sold their PS4 for ridiculous prices already:

Give it a decade or two.

Good. Tired of hearing about it.
And that's why you came in a Thread about it. Makes sense.

I know i shouldn't, but also lol at this guy Ribi Ribi , coming in hours after his latest post just to retroactively leave laughs all over the place like a spastic child. For such an insignificant little thing he sure doesn't mind looking this butthurt.

This sucks. Guess I'll be keeping my PS4.

PT is a masterpiece, and the best game I've played on PS4.
giphy.gif

And I think Vick Vick is mature enough to not do the same to me. We've literally disagreed and agreed on a ton of shit all in the same day in 2 different threads.
Oh no, never put anyone on ignore. Even if i probably should, given how extremely predicable some users became in their complaints addressed only to games of a specific platform.

Last edited:
To still be surprised and shit your pants in the randomly generated portions of the game, with chances of never before seen stuff happening any moment?
Yes.

What? No man, just no. Watching P.T. and playing it are very different things. I'm sure it doesn't seem the case given the limited structure, but it fucking is.
I mean after years and God only knows how many people i've forced to play the game, i still can't play it alone with headphones. And horror is my favourite genre.

It's more like you want to experience P.T.? Look at the countless compilations of reactions on Youtube to have an idea of what the experience is like.

Personal favourite one got removed i guess because i can't find it anymore, the guy was maybe too embarrassed but the game went totally brutal on him with the random stuff, shit was hilarious. Love these two as well:

Anyone that wanted to experience it, already did. I finished RE7 four times so that I could get the platinum trophy. Do you think on my third play through I felt anything being scary or I just blasted through everything without emotion because it only works the first time. When you know wheres what, it loses its scare factor. So people like you, wanting this to be alive...what, you want to go through the same hallway a million times more? What experience, what scare factor when you already know what will happen. Shit, once I "finished" it, months later i went for the second run and it was boring because I knew what to expect and do. The game did nothing better than Outlast and RE7 did besides the looping which is the laziest game mechanic to extend something.

And these react channels...they are cancer of YT. Most of them are fake. I sometimes genuinely get frightened in a game...at most my reaction is pulling my body backwards suddenly. These people screaming at the top of their lungs because they saw something on the ceiling? Its fucking clickbait. Go look at Slenderman reactions. The only reason people talk about this is because of connection to Kojima and him being fired from Konami. There is no $60 game in this gameplay....this was some teaser but would not represent the whole game, he would probably make another 3d person failed attempt. I enjoyed DS but its a farcry from his MGS days, I want a game not an art piece that makes absolutely zero sense and then try to exlain it as some crazy new mechanic.

Remember his statement how maybe future games will be played differently because he invented this stranding concept? You dont even meet anyone in the game, when you hear a voice response its not even someone actually being there in the same game world. Its just as random as someone dropping on your Facebook page and giving you a like. What stranding, what bullshit lol. Guy is full of shit.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Anyone that wanted to experience it, already did. I finished RE7 four times so that I could get the platinum trophy. Do you think on my third play through I felt anything being scary or I just blasted through everything without emotion because it only works the first time. When you know wheres what, it loses its scare factor. So people like you, wanting this to be alive...what, you want to go through the same hallway a million times more? What experience, what scare factor when you already know what will happen. Shit, once I "finished" it, months later i went for the second run and it was boring because I knew what to expect and do. The game did nothing better than Outlast and RE7 did besides the looping which is the laziest game mechanic to extend something.

And these react channels...they are cancer of YT. Most of them are fake. I sometimes genuinely get frightened in a game...at most my reaction is pulling my body backwards suddenly. These people screaming at the top of their lungs because they saw something on the ceiling? Its fucking clickbait. Go look at Slenderman reactions. The only reason people talk about this is because of connection to Kojima and him being fired from Konami. There is no $60 game in this gameplay....this was some teaser but would not represent the whole game, he would probably make another 3d person failed attempt. I enjoyed DS but its a farcry from his MGS days, I want a game not an art piece that makes absolutely zero sense and then try to exlain it as some crazy new mechanic.

Remember his statement how maybe future games will be played differently because he invented this stranding concept? You dont even meet anyone in the game, when you hear a voice response its not even someone actually being there in the same game world. Its just as random as someone dropping on your Facebook page and giving you a like. What stranding, what bullshit lol. Guy is full of shit.
Or maybe they like the game and you don't.

Seems a lot more likely than whatever b.s. you're spouting

Vick

Gold Member
Anyone that wanted to experience it, already did. I finished RE7 four times so that I could get the platinum trophy. Do you think on my third play through I felt anything being scary or I just blasted through everything without emotion because it only works the first time. When you know wheres what, it loses its scare factor. So people like you, wanting this to be alive...what, you want to go through the same hallway a million times more? What experience, what scare factor when you already know what will happen.
What part of “ To still be surprised and shit your pants in the randomly generated portions of the game, with chances of never before seen stuff happening any moment?“ you failed to get from the post you quoted?

And these react channels...they are cancer of YT. Most of them are fake.
I agree. Not the ones i linked though and for sure not with this game, and you know how i know that? Because i've seen far worse in person.
For some freudian shit also, i've noticed that males tend to fare way worse than females. For example i still can't play the game alone with headphones, and i consume horror games and medias since i was a kid, it's my favourite genre and i only ever play RE2R on Hardcore and since the first run always with no Hud. And i do it for fun.
For sure having a big panel with deep blacks plays a role, but the fact is i still can't play the fucking thing years and millions of playthrough watched after.

The only reason people talk about this is because of connection to Kojima and him being fired from Konami.
Good thing i linked this (hilarious) Thread, full of reactions and impressions made well BEFORE people knew this was a Kojima game or a Silent Hill title.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Maybe there is some legit criticism in there.
8e5b46569d1f4a1338f5c36aff060b4b.gif

There isn't.
And i mean, it's understandable, with most having played limited recreations of it or not even that. If i never played P.T. i would think is overrated as well, from just watching it on Youtube or only playing the linear portions of it.
Granted, i wouldn't call "fucking mongoloids" people who enjoy it (great job Mods), but i wouldn't "get it" either.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Should just make a 70 euro game out of it and sell it as a full fledged PS5 title. Probably has more content then spiderman.

nowhat

Ooh, I just figured a sinister get rich quick plan. This requires that you've "bought" P.T. at some point for your PSN account, but if that's true, then:
  1. Buy the cheapest used PS4 possible
  2. Install P.T. on said PS4 with the proxy hack
  3. Sell it on eBay or whatnot at a ludicrous price
  4. ...but before shipping it, logout from your account
Technically, the console does have P.T. in it even if no one will be able to play it, so you're being honest. Somewhat, at least.

nkarafo

Kojima needs to make a horror game similar to this (with a different title ofc) so we can all have a closure.

Kimahri

Banned
I'll never understand te fanaticism around PT. It was interesting and okay, but ultimately not that interesting.

This obsession with a demo of a dead thing is just weird.

I'll never understand te fanaticism around PT. It was interesting and okay, but ultimately not that interesting.

This obsession with a demo of a dead thing is just weird.

It’s not about PT, but how platform owners and/or publishers can disable/block a digital game whenever they want to

iHaunter

Apparently it used to work:
"Here’s the strange thing, though: At one point over the past two weeks, it was both transferable and playable on PS5. I played P.T. on my PS5 in late October, the day after I received my review unit. But it appears that when the PlayStation 5 launches on Nov. 12, it won’t play P.T. through backward compatibility."

But Konami disabled it:
"Sony spokesperson told Polygon that the change to P.T.’s backward compatibility on PS5 “was a publisher decision.”

Source: https://www.polygon.com/2020/11/6/21549228/pt-ps5-backward-compatible-playable-playstation-5

If this doesn't deserve its own thread, feel free to delete it. Also, FUCK KONAMI.

TacosNSalsa

Konami's hate for this "game" is fascinating . They really want to nuke it from existence . And I thought my ex could hold a grudge..

peronmls

Why are you ppl so obsessed over some fucking demo? jfc Go play Visage on steam if you're that desperate.
"I don't get it so I must make negative comments to everyone who does." STFU Why would anyone play a copycat game over the original thing. It's not the same game.
Most overrated demo ever.
It's hardly even a demo since there is no actual game with an actual title. Put more meat on your posts for an actual conversation.

Vick

Gold Member

Why are you ppl so obsessed over some fucking demo? jfc Go play Visage on steam if you're that desperate.

Most overrated demo ever.

Fucking hell..

giphy.gif

iHaunter

I stated in other threads that I don't care about the game. But other GAFFERS did. This was more meant to be a conversation about how petty Konami is, rather than the game itself.

Top Bottom