• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.T. is not playable on PlayStation 5

Vick

Gold Member

The game, previously perfectly playable on the Next-Gen Console, will be now blocked on launch for reasons not clear at the moment.

tenor.gif

Update:

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Ribi

For god's sake guys give it up. It was a decent demo that has been remade more times than skyrim. It has been out of hand for years and maybe now that we have a new gen in which you cant play it, this nonsense can finally come to an end.

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
I still have it installed on my OG PS4 and plan to let it die in the ether once I transfer to my PS5.

Never understood the obsession with a concept demo.

Vick

Gold Member
stories will be written about it years and years from now.
And they should, thing is my favourite piece of horror in any medium.

This Thread here on Gaf is life:

And i highly recommend this channel analysis:

Now i'll have to take the Pro everytime i want someone to try it and laugh my ass off at them.

Well, duh?
But it was playable.. so wft happened?

Why would you want to?

Wow... People having that much of an obsession with P.T. .... Why?!!!
Because it's my favourite horror thing ever, maybe?

giphy.gif

Good for me. Have a pro with 2tb and pt installed on it that I need to sell

can pt be played on any account on thePS4 or only if the account that downloaded it is set to primary on said ps4?

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
good.

it was just a teaser for a game that never happened. never understood why people were so desperate to cling on to it.

now people need to cling on to a PS4 if you want to keep it lol.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I'm not even joking. if you have it keep it, and don't alter anything on that PS4 that could block access to it.

In fact, it is very easy to download it on ps4 these days.

I thought I could never play it because I got the ps4 3 months after they removed P.T. from PSN Store.

And from a tutorial on youtube, I was able to download the game.

cormack12

Gold Member
Didn't it take a workaround to still play it now? Either way kind of expected, sucks for those who would like to have kept it archived I guess.

Now i'll have to take the Pro everytime i want someone to try it and laugh my ass off at them.

giphy.gif

Dude, the game was basically nuked off the entire world.

It doesnt even exist in mind of Konami anymore.

You really think Sony was going to have that risk of litigation for allowing a game in which the license for it has been retracted, the demo itself nuked off PSN, and its existence only living through the minds and thoughts of gamers onto the PS5?

Do I need to go on, or has the naivete' of yours been hit on the head by now and you're finally understanding it?

It's not rocket science 💁🏽‍♂️

Vick

Gold Member
Not really, considering you can play in on PC, even in VR if you wanted. Or with any controller/set up as you'd like.
No you can't, fan made recreations are very obviously not the same thing in the slightest, especially considering how many things are yet to be discovered.
First person controls are sublime in the original (of course, considering who made it), and i mean, in the original there's the huge portion of the city rendered in real-time at the end ffs.

For god's sake guys give it up. It was a decent demo that has been remade more times than skyrim. It has been out of hand for years and maybe now that we have a new gen in which you cant play it, this nonsense can finally come to an end.
Why every P.T. Thread has to be filled with people who obviously never tried it trying to downplay the game?
This little thing is famous as it is for a reason.

It's a demo... jesus christ
And sex is just filling holes.

Last edited:

vpance

Good for me. Have a pro with 2tb and pt installed on it that I need to sell

can pt be played on any account on thePS4 or only if the account that downloaded it is set to primary on said ps4?

Pretty sure only on the account that downloaded it. So you'll have to sell your account along with it.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
No you can't, fan made recreations are very obviously not the same thing in the slightest, especially considering how many things are yet to be discovered.
In the original there's the huge portion of the city rendered in real-time at the end ffs.

Why every P.T. Thread has to filled with people who obviously never tried it trying to downplay the game?
Exploring that rendered real-time city on your PS4 are ya?

And no-one tries to downplay P.T. but if you can't see that it got as much attention as it did because of the circumstances around it's release and then lack of availability after it's cancelation then you are a crazy person. It's fine, I had fun with it on my PS4, had MORE fun on my PC in VR. But it didn't change the genre, it didn't revolutionize horror, and it plain didn't get released. But yeah, it must be EVERYONE else that's crazy. You are living in your own Silent Hill apparently.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
And no-one tries to downplay P.T. but if you can't see that it got as much attention as it did because of the circumstances around it's release and then lack of availability after it's cancelation then you are a crazy person. It's fine, I had fun with it on my PS4, had MORE fun on my PC in VR. But it didn't change the genre, it didn't revolutionize horror, and it plain didn't get released. But yeah, it must be EVERYONE else that's crazy. You are living in your own Silent Hill apparently.
Dude, are you fucking serious?
You have any idea how many horror games have been made just to copy this thing? Even super famous franchises got completely changed because of this?

I'm speechless.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Dude, are you fucking serious?
You have any idea how many horror games have been made just to copy this thing? Even super famous franchises got completely changed because of this?

I'm speechless.
All what.. 2 or 3 of the dozens and dozens that come out? First person horror has been around WAY before P.T. was a thing man. I'm not trying to downplay anything, but you are obviously a frothing fan that refuses to acknowledge some hard truths. I absolutely love Silent Hill as a franchise, I doubt you'd find a thread on GAF about Silent Hill or horror games in general that I haven't participated in and exclaimed my love of the genre. But I also won't ignore the truth.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
All these people who jump into these PT threads to just shit on other people's option. And then they do it every time a thread comes up instead of scrolling past or ignoring them.

Yeah we understand you "don't get it", no need to post it every time.

Think of it from an abstract scenario.

Game X came out on platform Y and because of problems with the publisher Z, support for X was dropped. Worse yet, because of pride or legal reasons, X is actively being buried by Z despite still having active fan support. One way to keep this alive on next gen Y without investment by Z has just been closed by special request from Z.

Feel free to sub in the variables mad lib style so you can empathize with people who are disappointed.

DustQueen

Banned

giphy.gif

So...Cryptic puzzles with no real logic behind it and couple of cheap jump scares all it takes? Ok, cool

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
All these people who jump into these PT threads to just shit on other people's option. And then they do it every time a thread comes up instead of scrolling past or ignoring them.

Yeah we understand you "don't get it", no need to post it every time.

Think of it from an abstract scenario.

Game X came out on platform Y and because of problems with the publisher Z, support for X was dropped. Worse yet, because of pride or legal reasons, X is actively being buried by Z despite still having active fan support. One way to keep this alive on next gen Y without investment by Z has just been closed by special request from Z.

Feel free to sub in the variables mad lib style so you can empathize with people who are disappointed.
The alternative is an echo chamber. And GAF is well past THAT bullshit from years ago.

Vick

Gold Member
But I also won't ignore the truth.
But you do.

Because this is the truth. All the hilarious reactions i've seen in person are the truth, as well the thousands of thousands of reaction compilations you can find. Things still being discovered six years after release are the truth.

So...Cryptic puzzles with no real logic behind it and couple of cheap jump scares all it takes? Ok, cool
Oh yes, exactly. You got it champ, i feel so stupid now..

The alternative is an echo chamber. And GAF is well past THAT bullshit from years ago.
Yeah, God forbid unanimous praise for things which deserve it.
Spiteful opinions from people who never even tried it instead, that's what serves the community.

Last edited:

DustQueen

Banned
But you do.

Because this is the truth. All the hilarious reactions i've seen in person are the truth, as well the thousands of thousands of reaction compilations you can find. Things still being discovered six years after release are the truth.

Spiteful opinions from people who never even tried it instead, that's what serves the community.

Really not implying u r stupid for liking it... just pointing out that hype for it is blown beyond any fucking reason. It is still at it's core jump scare walking sim, just done a bit more classy then they usually are.

Last edited:
Who gives a shit, you guys are weird...holding so deary literally a 30 minute hallway demo....just because of the 2 people involved in making...A HALLWAY demo. You got the two working together on DS and well that turned out meh .

Now you expect Konami to allow a demo made without their knowledge by a guy they royally fired to be kept alive? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

dorkimoe

Who gives a shit, you guys are weird...holding so deary literally a 30 minute hallway demo....just because of the 2 people involved in making...A HALLWAY demo. You got the two working together on DS and well that turned out meh .

Now you expect Konami to allow a demo made without their knowledge by a guy they royally fired to be kept alive? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
No shit. Let it go people. I honestly think it’s just one of this things that’s “cool” to bitch about

iHaunter

giphy.gif

It's like 5 minutes long and is a tech demo... I played it, was nothing game-changing.

GreatnessRD

P.T wasn't my cup of tea or anything, but what I'm trying to understand is why does Konami care so much? Especially since its only playable for the handful of people who never took it off their console. Let the children remember the beautiful things their parents (Konami and Kojima) did for them. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Vick

Gold Member
Sure.. that's why you can read or see all of those reactions made before people knew what the fuck this thing was and who made it.

No shit. Let it go people. I honestly think it’s just one of this things that’s “cool” to bitch about
6e32c8c95efdf3df641f1c6eb58e1c01.gif

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
But you do.

Dude...Your fanboy is showing. Polygon is your source for "best horror game"? Polygon? Confirmation bias much? You really pulled articles from Polygon, Gamesradar and fuckin' Business Insider? How long did you have to search to find that? I bet it wasn't the first result.

giphy.gif

It's funny how defensive you are getting considering no one is really even calling P.T. a bad demo. It's just not "THE GREATEST HORROR GAME OF ALL TIME" as you make it out to be. And it upsets you that your opinion is shared by a very vocal minority, as the majority have moved on and just plain don't care about a great horror demo that never amounted to anything.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I got it on my PS4 and I'm formatting it as soon as I get the PS5. Sayonara. It was a fantastic and innovative demo, but it's time to let go of it. Let it become one of the modern urban myths of video games.

Konamis fall from grace is the saddest thing to happen in the industry. They were the undisputed champions during the early days, knocking out classics after classics. Their vault of IPs are legendary. And now they have thrown it out of the window for some quick cash pachinko shit.

What a fucking waste.

Ribi

Why every P.T. Thread has to be filled with people who obviously never tried it trying to downplay the game?
Oh really? Shame you never played it, it was a fun little demo. Maybe you should try it sometime on the ps5... Oh wait

carlosrox

Banned
Eat my dick Konami.

Would it hurt to even SELL it to us you fucking morons? People would pay for that shit, as petty and greedy as it would be, people would even pay for it.

But it straight up not working on PS5? Get fucked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom